Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Announcing DASH.ORG!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by eduffield, Nov 14, 2015.

1. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer
    Dash Core Team

We are extremely happy to announce we’ve successfully acquired the domain dash.org!

We would like to give special thanks to the community member Triptolemoose for bringing this opportunity to our attention and helping us negotiate the purchase. It was a long process to negotiate such a high value domain, so we're excited to finally be able to make this announcement.

Dash.org is a premium domain for us to use, that is easy to remember and is an exact match for our branding “Dash”. It was a unique opportunity as “dash” is a valued keyword in other verticals and thus competitive in search engines. We expect to reap multiple benefits in our SEO rankings for the keyword “dash” due to a few features of this domain name, primarily that it’s an exact match to our name and is very short (4 characters), it is a dot org and is 15 years old. This isn’t all we’re doing to help shift our SEO rankings, but we expect this to help substantially and be a large win for the project.

This will also be of great assistance for people to be able to locate the Dash website without using any suffix like -coin/-crypto/-pay. The brand Dash is great, is short and relatable and represents what we are trying to build but for these same reasons it came with the additional challenge of making it harder to find the project in search engines because we chose a more common and universal term that was unavailable as a domain, with this acquisition we feel very lucky to be able to turn a weakness into a strength.

This will also serve as an important step in cultivating our image as a leading global peer to peer organization and the .org top level domain is also much more appropriate for our purposes.

Investment

Three of us sponsored this initiative out of pocket, for a total of $20,329.99 including escrow and wiring fees, special thanks to Daniel(Minotaur) and Robert(kot) for helping me finance this purchase. The original asking price from the seller was $30,000.00, which is why it was very difficult to negotiate to a reasonable price. The negotiation process was delicate and lead by Triptolemoose over a 2 month period, this project could not be announced publicly upfront as that would put the negotiation in jeopardy and thus we had to request private sponsorship and now wait for budget refunding after the domain was transferred. We will request funding for this from the budget system over a period of four months at the price at the time of the purchase which was $2.42. We are splitting it up to use as little budget space as possible while at the same time refunding sponsors over a reasonable period of time. This will total 2100DASH/month over a 4 month period. Needless to say, the sponsors are supporters of the coin and will hold their refunds creating no impact in the markets, while making our coin much more easier to find online and helping us raise visibility.

[​IMG]

How soon should we expect results?

As in any other case, SEO rankings need to be worked and it will take some time to change. We expect the new domain to help substantially with the keyword “dash” within a few months. As you know, we are also working on the new design and information architecture of our website. We are going to move the dashpay.io to dash.org and allow the search engines to get used to our new domain before we launch the new improved website. We should expect to see improvements within the first six months, then more progress within a year of launching the new domain and SEO campaigns.

Thanks again to Triptolemoose for helping us with this, it was a really great opportunity and the perfect domain for our project!

• Like Like x 41
  2. splawik21

splawik21 Grizzled Member
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Dash Support Group

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  3. nmarley

nmarley Administrator
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Dash Address:
    XdBKajV4g2wnpnAvvnV9dxwypQMfFHYWtp
    Needs a valid SSL cert - might want to consider adding the 'www' as a subject alternative name too.

• Like Like x 4
  4. pille

pille Active Member

Unbelievable. Imagine all the competitors who could have been interested in this domain too. What a great achievement. Congrats!

• Like Like x 4
  5. eduffield

eduffield Core Developer
    Dash Core Team

I haven't even begun setting up the domain yet. I'll sort all of that out :)

• Like Like x 7
  6. daf

daf Active Member

Nice one!

• Like Like x 4
  7. alex-ru

alex-ru Grizzled Member
    Dash Support Group

Domain is really great! :)

But the price... :eek:

At least Dash.org is now at the Top 100 most expensive domain sales .org list

so... Now there is just a "little nothing" - to put Dash to the "Top 100 global corporations list" also... :sad:

Dash.org is good for branding (hope we will get protected "dash" brand finally) - so congrats!
    :):eek::):eek::):eek::)

#7 alex-ru, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  8. bigrcanada

bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

This is great news...I'll contribute what I can for sure.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Miner237

Miner237 Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Nice acquisition! This is a great addition, will the foundation be migrating to this domain? As always if you need admin or content management help let me know I will volunteer.

• Like Like x 3
  10. qwizzie

qwizzie Well-known Member

very good news, as i understand it will take some time to see the new website up and running but it will be wearth it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. nmarley

nmarley Administrator
    Dash Core Team Moderator

Dash Address:
    XdBKajV4g2wnpnAvvnV9dxwypQMfFHYWtp
    Ok, sorry, hadn't really read your original post thru... but this is great news. Shows how mature Dash has come and is continuing to grow, really really exciting stuff. My initial thoughts: "WOW! It's really happening!!"

I'm so thrilled to be a part of this community.

• Like Like x 3
  12. alex-ru

alex-ru Grizzled Member
    Dash Support Group

https://foundation.dash.org
    will be good place for Foundation.

• Like Like x 8
  13. Triptolemoose

Triptolemoose New Member

Glad to help out :)

• Like Like x 15
  14. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Linguistic Foundation Member

This is awesome. I know a lot of people disliked it when we changed our name, but I think Dash is perfect. It may be a challenge now, but the future is ours!

• Like Like x 6
  15. bigrcanada

bigrcanada Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

Thanks Triptolemoose. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say your probably from canada?!? ;)

• Like Like x 4
  16. specter

specter Active Member

Gratz =]

• Like Like x 2
  17. TanteStefana

TanteStefana Moderator
    Linguistic Foundation Member

Hey, I was just reading BigrCanada's post on how to set up retail payments, and then nmarley said how nice it would be to have something like Bitpay..... Dashpay..... so why I'm posting here is, don't get rid of the old domain, we may need it!!!

• Like Like x 3
  18. TaoOfSatoshi

TaoOfSatoshi Grizzled Member
    Linguistic Dash Nation Founder Moderator

#18 TaoOfSatoshi, Nov 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  19. InTheWoods

InTheWoods Well-known Member
    Foundation Member

I think stands to reason old domain will be kept for a redirect to the new one the very least.

• Like Like x 4
  20. alex-ru

alex-ru Grizzled Member
    Dash Support Group

I know, many investors wouldn't be happy about 20.000 USD expenses for domain name (I am also not quite happy, but OK).

But... For projects like DASH trust and promotion are very important part of everything! And DASH.ORG name is very significant part of promotion.
    Obviously this name will help us to accumulate power, trust and users more effectively than with old domain.

In other words, since this moment DASH.ORG is saving money for all of us - every single day, the best possible way.
    We are not hype, we are long-term project so it will give all us more profit than current expenses in nearest years.

DASH.ORG is an important asset and investment.

#20 alex-ru, Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
  21. leonardobetti

leonardobetti New Member

Awesome domain. Congratulations for negotiations!

• Like Like x 2
  22. noobtrader

noobtrader Active Member

that is correct, Dash.org will always retain value. indeed asset and investment.

• Like Like x 3
  23. scratchy

scratchy Member

Crazy so much money for a domain ...
    Hopefully it solves the google problem :)

• Like Like x 2
  24. buster

buster Guest

oh wow what an unexpected surprise, this domain just feels right. Is it safe to assume that the team's desire is to drop the 'pay' from dashpay?

• Like Like x 3
  25. dasherprc

dasherprc New Member

This is a good investment!

• Like Like x 2
  26. cwnage

cwnage Member

I dont like this, .org domains are desperate and ugly.

HUGE waste of money IMO.

Investors SHOULD NOT be compensated. Who's to say this domain isn't dropped in the future, and they get paid twice for it?

Dash foundation should be paying for this with funds already received. If the foundation does not currently have the funds to purchase it, then the dash foundation cant afford it and should not have purchased it. You cant just keep printing money every time you want something, more planning and budgeting is required with the funds you're already receiving.

I think budget payments should be for costs that can't be recovered, ever. If you guys arent allocating funds for future projects off of what the foundation is already receiving, that is a mistake.

(someone's gotta be the skeptic, right?)

I would have bought this domain for you for $20k if i knew it would be a ZERO risk investment.

#26 cwnage, Nov 15, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  27. Dash4Ever

Dash4Ever Active Member

Dash Address:
    XybaxnhtFBih2g4M2F71rWKBt5USzo8R
    Awsome job !!! :) great news

• Like Like x 2
  28. wackyD

wackyD Member

Are you thick or something? This is a hugely smart investment. Intangible value that will pay off indirectly in a massive way over the next few years. Don't be short sited and petty.

Congrats to everyone who sees the future potential of DASH!

• Like Like x 3
  29. ArpFlush

ArpFlush Member

Wow! Congratulations :)

• Like Like x 2
  30. Otoh

Otoh New Member

I inquired about this domain back in Feb when he wanted $30,000 for it, luckily I decided not to pursue it. Brooke Hernandez emailed me five times afterwards seeing if he could get a bite, the final time was on the 9th Oct with this gif:

DASH.ORG
    [​IMG]

Congratulation, great move!

• Like Like x 4