• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Android Wallet for Dash Beta Testing [closed]

it would be awesome if Dash android wallet can do mining too. if its not for the sake of the network, its for newbie to grab their first dash.
I don't have plans of adding mining. That is lots of work and I doubt anyone would donate to me for this feature!

Can anyone help me and explain how to import the wallet backup key from android to the PC ? thanks ..
It is not easy to import keys to the PC from the android. The safer way is to transfer the coins using a regular transaction. Nevertheless, you can read this link: https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/blob/release-4/wallet/README.recover (beta version of the app)
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/blob/prod/wallet/README ( version 1.x)

it would be awesome if Dash android wallet can do mining too. if its not for the sake of the network, its for newbie to grab their first dash.
I agree with HashEngineering - it's highly doubtful that mobile wallet could ever compete with mining farms to mine some meaningful amount of Dash so it's basically a waste of time and other resources for both developer to implement this and users trying to mine on mobile.

The googleplay installer still has "Darkcoin Wallet" on the splash page. :sad:

I sent 1 DASH to the mobile using non-instantx. Something obviously went wrong, it took 4 seconds to show up. :grin:

Meaby

I sent 1 DASH to the mobile using non-instantx. Something obviously went wrong, it took 4 seconds to show up. :grin:
Meaby there was a pow block found or IX as a default dash tx :D

Yes, Google Play and the app still has out dated graphics and icons. These will be updated soon.

Great work love it.

Tried a send/receive and IX
All work.

When requesting Dash, the Copy function doesn't seem to work though however the share functions work.

Also what does the Disconnect button do?

The copy function works for me. It copies a Dash URI to the clipboard, which means that the text copied starts with "dash:"

Disconnect is supposed to close the app and disable the background service.

The "Important safety notes" are displaying full of formatting codes (<b>, </b>, etc.)

Under the settings menu if I try to "Disconnect" it doesn't appear to do anything. Does the "Disconnect" function work?

Tiny quibbles:
When making a send transaction, the current balance is not displayed at the same time.
Number of confirmations of last transaction is not numerically shown (the green chompy pacman symbol is a nifty idea though)
Changing from 2 decimal places to more accurate 4,6 and 8 digits in denominations settings results in a truncated 4th digit when phone is upright.
Can NOT change back to default setting of 2 decimal places in denomination settings (stuck with truncated,or microdash or milli dash)
(milli and micro dash settings appear ok)

Reasons to be cheerful:
Normal send/receive : Success
InstantX send/receive : Success
upgrade from previous version with wallet intact and menu update : Success
transaction defaults to darkcoin exployer with correct address : success
blockchain reset with details and balance kept intact : success

Not checked:
Pin and wallet backup with complete restore : untested

Thanks for the feedback. The disconnect function will be removed. It was removed by the Bitcoin Wallet developers last year and I added it back to make some users happy. At this point, I don't think it's worth while to figure out how to get it working again.

I will have to look into formatting that Sub-Ether points out.

Thanks for the feedback. The disconnect function will be removed. It was removed by the Bitcoin Wallet developers last year and I added it back to make some users happy. At this point, I don't think it's worth while to figure out how to get it working again.

I will have to look into formatting that Sub-Ether points out.

Samsung phone resolution is only 480 x 800 pixels so it may be alright on your higher def version.

Thanks for all your hard work!

So wait you are coming to the community to ask for them to help you do more testing before forcing an unfinished piece of code into the wild? I really like this concept and idea. You might fit in better if next time though you push the code first and then ask for help fixing. This way your can make your release days really fun.

Thanks for all your hard work!

So wait you are coming to the community to ask for them to help you do more testing before forcing an unfinished piece of code into the wild? I really like this concept and idea. You might fit in better if next time though you push the code first and then ask for help fixing. This way your can make your release days really fun.

Since people have money tied up in these apps, we better be careful with updates. Luckily the Bitcoin Wallet developers have done much of the needed legwork as far as updating, but I still have to make some adjustments to their code!

Back