Android Wallet for Dash Beta Testing [closed]

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Tiny quibbles:
When making a send transaction, the current balance is not displayed at the same time.
Number of confirmations of last transaction is not numerically shown (the green chompy pacman symbol is a nifty idea though)
Changing from 2 decimal places to more accurate 4,6 and 8 digits in denominations settings results in a truncated 4th digit when phone is upright.
Can NOT change back to default setting of 2 decimal places in denomination settings (stuck with truncated,or microdash or milli dash)
(milli and micro dash settings appear ok)

Reasons to be cheerful:
Normal send/receive : Success
InstantX send/receive : Success
upgrade from previous version with wallet intact and menu update : Success
transaction defaults to darkcoin exployer with correct address : success
blockchain reset with details and balance kept intact : success

Not checked:
Pin and wallet backup with complete restore : untested

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Under the settings menu if I try to "Disconnect" it doesn't appear to do anything. Does the "Disconnect" function work?
I concur, there is a problem with disconnect.
(Worked on the previous version btw) ...

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
Thanks for the feedback. The disconnect function will be removed. It was removed by the Bitcoin Wallet developers last year and I added it back to make some users happy. At this point, I don't think it's worth while to figure out how to get it working again.

I will have to look into formatting that Sub-Ether points out.

Reactions: Sub-Ether

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Thanks for the feedback. The disconnect function will be removed. It was removed by the Bitcoin Wallet developers last year and I added it back to make some users happy. At this point, I don't think it's worth while to figure out how to get it working again.

I will have to look into formatting that Sub-Ether points out.
Samsung phone resolution is only 480 x 800 pixels so it may be alright on your higher def version.

coingun

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
Thanks for all your hard work!

So wait you are coming to the community to ask for them to help you do more testing before forcing an unfinished piece of code into the wild? I really like this concept and idea. You might fit in better if next time though you push the code first and then ask for help fixing. This way your can make your release days really fun.

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
Thanks for all your hard work!

So wait you are coming to the community to ask for them to help you do more testing before forcing an unfinished piece of code into the wild? I really like this concept and idea. You might fit in better if next time though you push the code first and then ask for help fixing. This way your can make your release days really fun.
Since people have money tied up in these apps, we better be careful with updates. Luckily the Bitcoin Wallet developers have done much of the needed legwork as far as updating, but I still have to make some adjustments to their code!

Reactions: Sub-Ether and moli

coingun

Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 8, 2014
masternode.io
Since people have money tied up in these apps, we better be careful with updates. Luckily the Bitcoin Wallet developers have done much of the needed legwork as far as updating, but I still have to make some adjustments to their code!
Being a branch of bitcoin core has never been so sweet!

Whats with the site? http://hashengineeringsolutions.com/

Reactions: moli

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Upgrade to new version and short cut replaced : checked
Display : all digit settings result in truncated 4th digit now apart from the 2 digit settings (on 480 by 840)

Receiving coins: I sent in 4 small transactions... although the total balance is showing correctly, one of the incoming tx is missing in the list and the transactions have still not been confirmed in the phone after 40 minutes.
I reset the blockchain and the entire balance was wiped out(previous version kept it?) thought I'd lost it but 10 minutes after, its come back and the missing 1 transaction of 4 has now appeared and all appear but all are still unconfirmed.

Conclusion

More glitchy than version 2, don't like how I sent a transaction and it was added to the balance but did not show up.
After 1 hour, the transactions are still showing as unconfirmed!
I would like the disconnect button brought back somehow, how are we to shut it down otherwise without going into the apps settings somewhere.

Something about this version my phone does not get on with, I would prefer to roll back to previous version(r2), in fact I may delete this version!

Added: finally confirmed after 1.5 hours, the phone appears hot, don't remember that before!

Last edited by a moderator:

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
These results are very interesting. The only difference between Release 2 and 3, is that the options menu does not contain a "Disconnect" button in version 3. No other code changes were made. I will repeated the same test and all four of them have started confirming.

"Disconnect" was removed because it doesn't work reliably, in fact it was removed from Bitcoin Wallet over a year ago for the same reason. I go to the app switcher to close the app by swiping it off the screen. Any android device with a version higher than 4.0 has this feature. I do this to close many other apps that I use on my devices.

The bug you are reporting is common among Bitcoin Wallet and all of its clones due to the underlying bitcoinj (Java Library). It has a weakness in that sometimes it misses transactions. After this a blockchain reset is required. Resetting the blockchain requires a lot of power, since it is verifying every block that comes through in a short amount of time and other users have reported that their device gets hot. This is a problem that I hope the bitcoinj developers will fix soon, it is currently beyond me.

Last edited by a moderator: