• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

MN:s keep dropping of the list, tired to restart, waiting a fix.

Can someone explain this?

2 VPSes, xxx.232 and xxx.233

From putty on 232:

./dashd masternode list | grep xxx.232:9
"enabled"
./dashd masternode list | grep xxx.233:9
"enabled"

From putty on 233:

./dashd masternode list | grep xxx.233:9
"sounds of crickets chirping as it's locked up"

How can the masternode on 233 be active and the daemon frozen at the same time?

I am having an issue with the masternode stop commands. I'm wondering if I am perhaps doing something wrong (perhaps with masternode.conf) or if this is issue I should report. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have multiple masternodes, all appear to be running fine, responding to commands, and showing themselves as "ENABLED".

On the cold wallet, I have configured a masternode.conf file with a donation address for all masternodes. The console accepts the start-many command and start-alias command and shows success for all MNs.

The issue is the stop-alias, stop-many, and stop commands (I have one MN configured in the dash.conf file) all result in "failed" with the error message "Darksend Masternode List doesn't include our Masternode, Shutting down Masternode pinging service!". I have been able to replicate the issue running cold wallet for both OSX and Windows.

1) Is anyone else experiencing the same issue with these commands using the masternode.conf setup? Please specify if you are using the donation feature, too.
2) If this is my issue only, what could be causing this problem? How can I correct it?

Thanks!

I'm having a similar problem.

I try to start or stop dashd on one of my MNs and I get

error: no response from server
Same here x2.
After reboot the client appears on network after local start but after some time later disappears...hmmm

i am really tiered of restarting MN's !
there is some bug in the system which kicks them off again and again
flare is trying to patch them up, but still again and again

Most of mine are fine, but then again I remade them all completely from scratch when the release came out.

Hey folks, after messing around for hours trying everything I could think of I decided to try a vps with a beefier cpu.

So far so good, it's been rock solid for about 8 hrs.

Edit: ram usage is extremely high compared to the previous release. Current around 900mb while the previous was around 150mb.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems to me that when there are two MNs connected together as peers, the CPU load starts to go up and there may be a memory leak somewhere as the memory usage keeps increasing at the same time until this MN is kicked off the MN network.

Do you guys have "addnode" to other MNs? Try to remove the "addnode" lines in your dash.conf as it may help prevent MNs being kicked off.

Hey folks, after messing around for hours trying everything I could think of I decided to try a vps with a beefier cpu.

So far so good, it's been rock solid for about 8 hrs.

Edit: ram usage is extremely high compared to the previous release. Current around 900mb while the previous was around 150mb.
Do you have addnode pointing to other MNs in your dash.conf? After I removed addnode in my dash.conf, the memory usage stays around 350 MB for 3 hours without a high CPU load.

EDIT: The memory usage is still slowly increasing but at least the high CPU load is gone. It increased much faster when the CPU load was high.

they are dropping like flies !
i will stop restarting and wait for a new version

My experience with hanged/unresponsive MN daemons seems to be VPS-specific, too.

Of the 3 providers I use, only one is having problems. Other two VPS providers are rock solid. HW specs between them are not too different. Setup is the same as the other providers, except on the problematic one, I did select the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Minimal" for the OS, which I did not have the option of doing on the other VPS providers.

Not sure if that could even be the source of the problem, but there are definitely fewer things running in the background than on my other VPS with full 14.04 non-minimal installs.

My experience with hanged/unresponsive MN daemons seems to be VPS-specific, too.

Of the 3 providers I use, only one is having problems. Other two VPS providers are rock solid. HW specs between them are not too different. Setup is the same as the other providers, except on the problematic one, I did select the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS "Minimal" for the OS, which I did not have the option of doing on the other VPS providers.

Not sure if that could even be the source of the problem, but there are definitely less things running in the background than on my other VPS with full 14.04 non-minimal installs.

I agree
my French servers are fine
my Germans are dropping and dropping

One common thing I see in the debug.log of the unresponsive daemons is an abundance of:

Code:
ProcessMessages(dsee, 253 bytes): Exception 'CDataStream::read() : end of data' caught, normally caused by a message being shorter than its stated length
ProcessMessage(dsee, 253 bytes) FAILED
and
Code:
dseep - Asking source node for missing entry CTxIn(COutPoint(ed2612a8915926d51e2f1272d48b073e0a6eee1bea05fe4b4ec831bb3b463669, 0), scriptSig=)

Back