• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official block explorer

Ok, if anyone is interested, here is my version (that runs on http://explorer.darkcoin.fr):
https://github.com/elbereth/darkcoin-abe/
I fixed RPC catch up (wasn't working), fixed branding and address version, removed junk folders (with obsolete code).
A pull request was sent towards the original fork.

To fix the addresses prefix not being "X", if you already have it running (flare ):
Change in chain table for DRK, the field address_version to "L" (hex 4c).

Me too - nevertheless the "m...." adresses are obviously identical to their "X..." counterparts. Have to dig deeper in the explorer code to understand how the different encodings work - and how to change the explorer display :)
It's using the Bitcoin testnet pubkey hash prefix (111 or 0x6f), it must be hidden somewhere in the code...
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_address_prefixes

Edit, didn't see elbereth s post, good work!

A new Block Explorer came out for multiple coins called Blockr http://btc.blockr.io/ It is maintained by coinbase. No darkcoin yet, I'm afraid.

We have created this site as a proof of work. To show that we're able to process those insane amount of bitcoin transaction data and deliver them to general public.

We're actively maintaining it and hope to add more interesting stuff to it.

You can use this page for your own reference and you can also use our API calls for your own projects.
Disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us (blockr.io) and while we strive to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, expressed or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with the use of this website.

Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of us (blockr.io). We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorsing the views expressed within them.

Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we (blockr.io) take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.

We (blockr.io) take no responsibility for and will not be liable for any financial loss arising from the use of our services.

We (blockr.io) do not pretend to be a bank or a regulated financial institution. Any Bitcoins stored using our wallets are not in our (blockr.io)'s control, we simply provide an interface to access them. We (blockr.io) do not have control over or take any responsibility for any transactions made through our wallet service.

Any use of the term Money on this website refers to virtual currency only. Bitcoins are credit vouchers of which we (blockr.io) are not the issuer. We (blockr.io) make no guarantees that bitcoins can be redeemed at the purchase price. Any exchange rates displayed are provided by 3rd party services and are not indicative of the Bitcoin being backed by any commodity or other form of money or having any other tangible value at all.
privacy policy
We do not store any user data on our server. You don't need cookies to view this site. We use browser's local storage to save your bookmarked addresses, transactions and blocks. User language preference is also stored in your browser's local storage.

Maybe its a sign of things to come. If they will add alts that low, seems probable they will add more.
Coinbase is making cryptos more mainstream with the name Blockr, Tumblr for cryptos.
Blockr could become well-known for listing all blockchains.

I have brought a node online with another backup copy of the official block explorer. At this point I'm still trying to work out the kinks with fastcgi to display it over port 80. Here is the link till I get that sorted out:

http://explorer.masternode.io:8888/chain/Darkcoin

Once I get the fastcgi stuff worked out (any pointers would be helpful) it will drop the :8888 and just be:

http://explorer.masternode.io/chain/Darkcoin

I have also finished a dnsseed for mainnet as well but I'm not sure where to post about it:

dig dnsseed.masternode.io @8.8.8.8

I have also finished a dnsseed for mainnet as well but I'm not sure where to post about it:

dig dnsseed.masternode.io @8.8.8.8

Nice! Did you update the seeders to the latest RC5 changes on github? commit ae0ce59

Nope I will go a head and update that. Also I'm attempting to experiment with an ipv6 dnsseed. Do you have any idea if the dnsseed will support an ipv6 seed?

Nope I will go a head and update that. Also I'm attempting to experiment with an ipv6 dnsseed. Do you have any idea if the dnsseed will support an ipv6 seed?
I don't know if the original dnsseeder was programmed with ipv6 support, but your experiment will show that :)

Ok those are updated. I'm not really sure how to query the dnsseed in ipv6 have you ever messed with it?

Ok those are updated. I'm not really sure how to query the dnsseed in ipv6 have you ever messed with it?
Theoretically

Code:
dig dnsseed.masternode.io AAAA @ladar.masternode.io

should do the trick IF the dnsseeder is capable of delivering AAAA records.

I do see some references under the darkcoin-dnsseed inside dns.h that seems to say it supports querying of AAAA records. Perhaps there just isn't any yet for it to pickup?

evan82@ladar:~/> dig dnsseed.masternode.io AAAA @ladar.masternode.io

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;dnsseed.masternode.io. IN AAAA

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
dnsseed.masternode.io. 40000 IN NS ladar.masternode.io.

evan82@ladar:~/> dig ladar.masternode.io AAAA

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ladar.masternode.io. IN AAAA

;; ANSWER SECTION:
ladar.masternode.io. 299 IN AAAA 2001:19f0:ac00:1c1::64

dnsseed -h dnsseed.masternode.io -n ladar.masternode.io
Loading dnsseed.dat...done
Starting 4 DNS threads for dnsseed.masternode.io on ladar.masternode.io (port 53).......done
Starting seeder...done
Starting 96 crawler threads...done
[14-09-23 20:46:50] 36/8240 available (8231 tried in 994s, 5 new, 4 active), 233 banned; 65549 DNS requests, 15 db queries

Not sure what else perhaps I need some client's up with wallets using ipv6?

Sure :) Dnsseeder is just crawling the Darkcoin network and building a DB, which can be queried via DNS.

So as long there is no ipv6 peer available and crawlable, dnsseeder will not have one in its DB. Check dnsseed.dump and dnsseed.dat for nodes available.

I do see some references under the darkcoin-dnsseed inside dns.h that seems to say it supports querying of AAAA records. Perhaps there just isn't any yet for it to pickup?

[...]

You are right, dnsseeder supports ipv6 --> https://github.com/nightlydarkcoin/darkcoin-seeder/commit/309d8ee0ae77e617e8cd6cf2c30b0378b66498d3

Let me know if it works out for you.

BTW: Propulsion would like to run a ipv6 masternode/peer - maybe you both can try it in a joint effort ;)

Back