• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Core Group Q4 2017 Summary Call

It would be more conducive to this thread's purpose if ya'all would write a clear question for core to answer, especially if you don't want your question lost in the arguing. Just a helpful hint ;)

My Questions based on above (if they haven't already been asked as I've already forgotten what's on the first pages, LOL) :

1. When will 12.3 be in open testnet?
2. When will 13 be in open testnet, or how long after 12.3 do you project it will take?
3. Finally, please guess how many beans are in this jar, thank you for your time.

clip_image0011.jpg

I have no f'ing idea, have a drink with me ;)

With regards to question 3 : i'm guessing more then 1 ? :confused:

You WIN! I ate all but one, which I left in the jar :D

Last edited by a moderator:
The Masternode community, and the larger Dash community have long advocated for a dedicated Communications person. The advantages are many:

1. Far far more efficient. In the past, when some urgent question came up, everybody and their dog pinged everybody on Core that they could get access to. I believe this became a distraction, and probably even became background noise. This is exactly how you train the Dash Core to ignore questions from the community. It is impossible for Core to respond to many random, redundant, and often useless questions that have been answered 89 times already. They would never get any actual work done. A designated Communications person becomes the gatekeeper, and can strain out the duplicated, inefficient unnecessary noise and end up with the 3 or 4 or 6 really meaningful questions that deserve a timely and meaningful response.

2. Improves community moral and reduces drama. There is now an official channel to send questions to, with the very reasonable expectation that an answer will be forthcoming. Stop pestering Core and direct your questions and concerns to the Communications person.

3. We get the information and answers we need, without having to run the development process in a glass house where all our competitors can see every move we make, and just copy/paste our ground breaking work, thus killing out competitive advantage.

Based on conversations over on DashNation discord, it appears to me that, on purpose or by accident, Joel V. has become that designated Communications person. I can totally work with that. Joel is a stand up guy that gets the work done.

Let's get on with taking over the world.

This reminds me of Nintendo. They are super secret and annoy their fans and and investors. Then after 5 years they release the best game ever. They became even more secretive than usual for their latest console because they didn't want their competitors to steal their ideas.

However unlike Nintendo we are dealing with the crypto market. A short while of no news will make the price plummet and the investors will go elsewhere. More importantly there will be less money for the treasury.

If you cant give us an Evolution update then at least give us Coinbase.

Last edited:
Based on conversations over on DashNation discord, it appears to me that, on purpose or by accident, Joel V. has become that designated Communications person. I can totally work with that. Joel is a stand up guy that gets the work done.

I agree that Joel is a stand up guy doing amazing job for DASH, but in my opinion role of communications person should be full-time not part-time. I think distracting Joel from his daily tasks and things he is doing the best (writing great articles for DFN) would be harmful for the quality and quantity of texts on Dash Force News.

Communications person should be available all the time for the community to relay questions and concerns to the Core Team and pushing hard to get meaningful answers. It isn't the easiest role and it requires dedication, stubbornness and probably a bit of technical knowledge about software development. I'd suggest hiring a new person (or finding one available within the community) just for that one goal: being an interface between DASH Core Team and DASH Community.

The Masternode community, and the larger Dash community have long advocated for a dedicated Communications person. The advantages are many:

1. Far far more efficient. In the past, when some urgent question came up, everybody and their dog pinged everybody on Core that they could get access to. I believe this became a distraction, and probably even became background noise. This is exactly how you train the Dash Core to ignore questions from the community. It is impossible for Core to respond to many random, redundant, and often useless questions that have been answered 89 times already. They would never get any actual work done. A designated Communications person becomes the gatekeeper, and can strain out the duplicated, inefficient unnecessary noise and end up with the 3 or 4 or 6 really meaningful questions that deserve a timely and meaningful response.

2. Improves community moral and reduces drama. There is now an official channel to send questions to, with the very reasonable expectation that an answer will be forthcoming. Stop pestering Core and direct your questions and concerns to the Communications person.

3. We get the information and answers we need, without having to run the development process in a glass house where all our competitors can see every move we make, and just copy/paste our ground breaking work, thus killing out competitive advantage.

Let's get on with taking over the world.
I really hope Core reads your awesome post.

I agree that Joel is a stand up guy doing amazing job for DASH, but in my opinion role of communications person should be full-time not part-time. I think distracting Joel from his daily tasks and things he is doing the best (writing great articles for DFN) would be harmful for the quality and quantity of texts on Dash Force News.

Communications person should be available all the time for the community to relay questions and concerns to the Core Team and pushing hard to get meaningful answers. It isn't the easiest role and it requires dedication, stubbornness and probably a bit of technical knowledge about software development. I'd suggest hiring a new person (or finding one available within the community) just for that one goal: being an interface between DASH Core Team and DASH Community.

I would love to hear that Core is hiring a dedicated communications person. Joel has enough on his plate in my estimation. But, hey, whatever gets the job done.

I can not understand why we are still haveing this discussion?!? This is asinine... And beyond ridiculous. Our budget can afford to pay for even a couple of professional communicators that should have unfettered access to the core team. The core teams works for us...for not only the stake holder such as the miners and masternode owners like myself but the dash community at large. There is a small deep core of people in DASH that we need to shake up here...it is time to open the doors...and it starts with communication . Period

I can not understand why we are still haveing this discussion?!? This is asinine... And beyond ridiculous. Our budget can afford to pay for even a couple of professional communicators that should have unfettered access to the core team. The core teams works for us...for not only the stake holder such as the miners and masternode owners like myself but the dash community at large. There is a small deep core of people in DASH that we need to shake up here...it is time to open the doors...and it starts with communication . Period

I'm not trying to argue, but the Core Team is more like a subcontractor, and as such, they need to deliver, but we "owners" don't have any right, in normal business at least, to micromanage how the perform their work. Though next time, we can require more specific reporting.

Then again, this is a weird setup, I'll admit :) But I think they have improved a lot with Chuck becoming more of the "face of Dash Core" especially since he is very articulate and has a good pulse on the community and what they want to know, while understanding the strategies that Core has set and what to protect. I mean, it is a ton better than it was last year :)

RE: a communicator, I would think it would have to be someone like Chuck, someone that's been with us long enough to know things and understand them. But if you have someone like that, you don't want to put them on customer service, he's more useful elsewhere :)

BUT, I still think Ryan should have a secretary. Such a person could in time be a central person of "knowledge" since they'd be assisting Ryan, and that person eventually could become a person to keep the community informed. I want Ryan to be well informed about everything and not overwhelmed with tiny minutia. So someone should be there to help filter through the stuff. But then I am micromanaging, LOL. And how do I really know this would work? I'm not Ryan, I just suspect.

Last edited:
@Dash News Network
In the business world there are general expectations of polite behavior required to get any attention, here are some ways that you're making things more difficult for yourself.

1. You're the exact equivalent to the cat who claws people and yet expects to get petted.
2. You're like the reporter who asks double negatives. Did you steal a cookie, or did you steal the cookie jar?
3. You can't ask questions while simultaneously making jabs.
4. You can't be taken seriously using a name like Dash News Network to look more important than average.
5. You have all the signs of being a socket puppet account of a competing crypto community.

Anyway, you should be banned (again probably) but then that just gives you another victim card to go play on Reddit. If you had a legitimate issue then a significant number of people should join your cause to get it answered, so sure blame core for not paying attention to you but blame the masternode owners more.

@ampp

Moaning about what a terrible person I am and crying about how victimized you are really isn't the best way to deflect attention away from 100% entirely pertinent questions about Dash Core, Evolution, etc.

Nevertheless, I will rewrite and resubmit my 100% legitimate questions in a strictly neutral manner so you won't have the excuse of being too offended and triggered by my tone.

1. Where is the IPv6 functionality we were told was being restored?

2. Where is the explanation and accountability for Evolution being more than 2 years behind schedule?

3. How is Dash going to handle the regulatory crackdown coming due to it being marketed as an investment in a common enterprise (triggering the Howey test)?

4. Where is Dash's answer to the new features enabled by RBF, segwit, Bech32, Schnorr signature aggregation, and range proofs?

5. How (and when) does Dash plan to fix its transaction malleability problem?

6. Why is PrivateSend still such a slow, expensive, and unreliable user experience even after Evan claimed PrivateSend's problems were all fixed (back when Masternode blinding was supposedly "done" many years ago)?

7. How is Dash going to compete with the nearly zero fees and nearly instant confirmation times of much Bitcoin's Lightning Network (which doesn't require paying Masternodes)?

8. Is this level of opaque development and announcing new features like collateralized mining only to abandon them without comment going to continue?

9. Why doesn't Dash Core use a Warrant Canary like almost all other privacy-sensitive crypto/fintech projects?

I pray you will find my questions are now presented in a sufficiently polite, businesslike fashion and are soon able to help answer them! :cool:
Piss off mate, I personally don't even read your trolling anymore.

Just letting everyone know I won't be casting no votes for DASH Core, however frustrating things get while waiting they are working solid on this project for us.
I am still of the opinion that we need to work out a clear and direct way to get questions answered.

1. Where is the IPv6 functionality we were told was being restored?

2. Where is the explanation and accountability for Evolution being more than 2 years behind schedule?

3. How is Dash going to handle the regulatory crackdown coming due to it being marketed as an investment in a common enterprise (triggering the Howey test)?

4. Where is Dash's answer to the new features enabled by RBF, segwit, Bech32, Schnorr signature aggregation, and range proofs?

5. How (and when) does Dash plan to fix its transaction malleability problem?

6. Why is PrivateSend still such a slow, expensive, and unreliable user experience even after Evan claimed PrivateSend's problems were all fixed (back when Masternode blinding was supposedly "done" many years ago)?

7. How is Dash going to compete with the nearly zero fees and nearly instant confirmation times of much Bitcoin's Lightning Network (which doesn't require paying Masternodes)?

8. Is this level of opaque development and announcing new features like collateralized mining only to abandon them without comment going to continue?

9. Why doesn't Dash Core use a Warrant Canary like almost all other privacy-sensitive crypto/fintech projects?

This is getting voted down as trolling, but to be honest this is the closest thing to decent questions that this user has ever produced, and I would not mind if someone in Dash Core would address them, or if someone else could point to where they are already addressed.

This is getting voted down as trolling, but to be honest this is the closest thing to decent questions that this user has ever produced, and I would not mind if someone in Dash Core would address them, or if someone else could point to where they are already addressed.

They are decent questions. But not asked in a reasonable way. Therefore, I wouldn't even bother. Passive aggression receives silence from me. I advocate the same response (no response) from Dash Core.

Passive aggression receives silence from me. I advocate the same response (no response) from Dash Core.
You are confused. The one who does not answer to questions and ignores the presence of the others, is the one who suffers from passive aggretion. The one who ask questions, is not passive aggresive.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...signs-youre-dealing-passive-aggressive-person

5 Signs That You're Dealing With Passive-Aggressive Persons
1. The silent treatment.
In its standard form, the silent treatment consists of completely ignoring another person, refusing to answer any questions from the person, and perhaps even refusing to acknowledge their presence.
2. Subtle insults.
3. Sullen behavior.
4. Stubbornness.
5. Failure to finish required tasks.

Dealing With Passive Aggression
The most effective approach is to ignore the behavior and pretend you don't notice it. If it doesn't appear to affect you, there is not much in it for them, and they may stop the behavior because of your lack of a reaction.
When ignoring passive-aggressive behavior is not feasible, perhaps because it strongly affects you psychologically, the best you can do is to maintain distance from the person as much as possible.
If the aggressor is a colleague who works near you, ask if you can be transferred to another space in your workplace so you don't have to be around the person all the time. That might take care of the problem. If you cannot be moved, you can do your best to interact only minimally with the individual. Every interaction should be professional and to the point, which will deter the aggressor from escalating.

So in our case the core team members, as long as they have read the questions and they refuse to answer, they should be named as passive aggresives.

Of course it is impossible to ignore the core team, because the core team rules and their decisions (or non decisions) affect the masternodes owners , the miners, the dash holders and all the Dash community in general.

So the only way to deal with the passive-aggretion disorder of the core team is to ask the core team in a professional way and to the point.

Or , if you are a (non stupid/non spy) masternode owner, you should first find a better core team, then vote in the budget in a way that will fire the old core team and will hire the new better one. And the only way to discover the better core team is to incentivize various developers to propose to the budget system. And then stop voting for advertising bullshits and vote in favor of develpment projects in the budget system. That way the best developers will appear, prove themselves as competitive and consistent, and then the masternodes will be safe to hire them as core team members.

Last edited:
You are confused. The one who does not answer to questions and ignores the presence of the others, is the one who suffers from passive aggretion. The one who ask questions, is not passive aggresive.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...signs-youre-dealing-passive-aggressive-person

Read your link again. But we all know this behavior. A concern troll for example, is a prototypical passive aggressive. Anyone that questions or comments with embedded or "subtle insult" is also typical (like the questioner in this thread). All they have earned is to be flagged as someone I ignore.

Read your link again. But we all know this behavior. A concern troll for example, is a prototypical passive aggressive. Anyone that questions or comments with embedded or "subtle insult" is also typical (like the questioner in this thread). All they have earned is to be flagged as someone I ignore.
Ok...I agree.

The core team is certainly passive aggresive because they do not answer questions, but also whoever ask questions to the core team with embedded or "subtle insult" may also be considered as a passive aggresive too.

As already said, a way to deal with the passive-aggretion disorder of the core team is to ask them in a professional way and to the point, and certainly not ask them questions with embedded or "subtle insult". Passive aggretion VS passive aggretion leads nowhere, taking also into account that it is impossible to ignore the core team.

Of course, the other way is to find a better core team....

Last edited:
Back