• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash charity fund ?

Icebucket

There was some pre-proposal done this month that asked for a 2000 dash for funding a dash charity fund.

Firstoff my hat goes off for that proposal owner for being the most optimistic proposal yet.
The idea is not new, to fund a charity. but to give some guy 2000 dash to set it up is insane.

How about MNs band together to benefit the whole network through charity.

A DASH charity fund. I have brought this up in the past but the idea didnt get much headwind at that time.

A monthly catchall by a trusted entity (Dont think it would work on a individual proposal level)
The funds would be distributed every 3 months or so to a charity that MNs would vote on.

This would gain allot of good PR in the long run that would benefit Dash bottom line for everyone.

Also it would be the first ever decentralized blockchain charity fund ever.

It could be for excample a maximum of 250 catchall dash each month, or some other number.

I think we could organize this among ourselfs rather than fund some guy to do it for us.

In my mind the charity's that would be most interesting are the once who teach underprivileged children programming. but ofcourse there are a bunch of them out there

What do you think ?

Last edited:
stay on topic you troll. no dash is ever burned, they can be resurrected anytime in the future if the network deems it necessary

edit: ugh well done demo deleting your comment

Last edited:
There was some pre-proposal done this month that asked for a 2000 dash for funding a dash charity fund.

Firstoff my hat goes off for that proposal owner for being the most optimistic proposal yet.
The idea is not new, to fund a charity. but to give some guy 2000 dash to set it up is insane.

A DASH charity fund. I have brought this up in the past but the idea didnt get much headwind at that time.

A monthly catchall by a trusted entity (Dont think it would work on a individual proposal level)
The funds would be distributed every 3 months or so to a charity that MNs would vote on.

This would gain allot of good PR in the long run that would benefit Dash bottom line for everyone.

It could be for excample a maximum of 250 catchall dash each month, or some other number.

I think we could organize this among ourselfs rather than fund some guy to do it for us.

In my mind the charity's that would be most interesting are the once who teach underprivileged children programming. but ofcourse there are a bunch of them out there

What do you think ?
I like the idea, but how about making it something like 1% of the left over budget from each proposal cycle,. And the charity MNs vote on, could be a list of charities that get approved, then the funds get distributed evenly to all those on the list of those approved, none taking priority over others. Somebody could set this up to run on autopilot for a one time fee, after that maybe a small amount for any maintenance, so most of proceeds go to the actual charities. And have the option for users to donate to that fund voluntarily as well.

I like the idea, but how about making it something like 1% of the left over budget from each proposal cycle,. And the charity MNs vote on, could be a list of charities that get approved, then the funds get distributed evenly to all those on the list of those approved, none taking priority over others. Somebody could set this up to run on autopilot for a one time fee, after that maybe a small amount for any maintenance, so most of proceeds go to the actual charities. And have the option for users to donate to that fund voluntarily as well.
I like all of these Ideas, especially 1% of the leftover budget idea, that is way better than some fixed number with all of the volatility going on.

If more good Ideas like this one we could form some solid plan to make this happen, im very much interested in keeping this idea alive and hope more people like you come forth and help to shape a proposal that could make this happen :)

I like all of these Ideas, especially 1% of the leftover budget idea, that is way better than some fixed number with all of the volatility going on.

If more good Ideas like this one we could form some solid plan to make this happen, im very much interested in keeping this idea alive and hope more people like you come forth and help to shape a proposal that could make this happen :)
Thanks, I think dash dao could make itself stand out with this one!

May have to cap the number of qualifying charities so things don't get ridiculous, and also make more of an impact with the charities that make the list

You are trying leap that is too big. We don't have variable sized proposals or catchalls, so I don't see much point in discussing what to do with it. But since we are doing it, I would put it on the Superbowl ad fund (assuming that IX would be fixed by then).

You are trying leap that is too big. We don't have variable sized proposals or catchalls, so I don't see much point in discussing what to do with it. But since we are doing it, I would put it on the Superbowl ad fund (assuming that IX would be fixed by then).
Too big? Superbowl ad. You make me laugh, what a ridiculous waste of money! There are far more cost effective ways to advertise a product. It costs between 5 and 5.5 million dollars for 30 seconds during the supwrbowl on average. Not to mention the cost to produce the commercial, I assume you want it to be good. What we are discussing here is tiny compared to that, no matter what metric you use. And it wouldn't be for advertising, but for PR. Giving to charity, would make dash stand out from the crowd, and also give us bragging rights to use in said commercials.

Too big? Superbowl ad. You make me laugh, what a ridiculous waste of money! There are far more cost effective ways to advertise a product. It costs between 5 and 5.5 million dollars for 30 seconds during the supwrbowl on average. Not to mention the cost to produce the commercial, I assume you want it to be good. What we are discussing here is tiny compared to that, no matter what metric you use. And it wouldn't be for advertising, but for PR. Giving to charity, would make dash stand out from the crowd, and also give us bragging rights to use in said commercials.

Lol give to charity? Dash is in plain expansion, why give to charity

Lol give to charity? Dash is in plain expansion, why give to charity
To not look like a bunch of greedy people, that just want to get rich by creating money. who would rather (burn) or however you want to semantics the issue, than give even a small portion to good causes. Psychological, its all about public perception.

To not look like a bunch of greedy people, that just want to get rich by creating money. who would rather (burn) or however you want to semantics the issue, than give even a small portion to good causes. Psychological, its all about public perception.

Lol, I don't view Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google, Visa, Paypal as being greedy. They provide services that have improved the lives of humans on earth. I haven't heard of them doing charity.

What do you think ?

Sorry but, charity never sticks in my mind. When a large corporation gives to charity, it makes no difference in my life. What makes a difference in my life is if that corporation creates a new technology or service that changes the world or my life.

Having said that, it would be best if Dash investor money would be used wisely: to improve the world.

Have you not seen Venezuela/Weimer Germany/Zimbabwe? Dash is after giving this service to countries where governments RAPE them through inflation/hyper-inflation. Choosing to give to charity vs fighting governments is a silly and dumb debate. I think you get my point now. Dash should stick to doing what it's doing.

You want charity funds, go talk to the Federal Reserve, maybe they can give you charity.

Back