• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

• Total voters
index.php

I did a first contact with the Encointer community members.
I hope they will respond.

Here you are, some Encointer meetings in Green Bay.

GBD_meetup_pic2.jpg

"God has left all men free; nature has made no man a slave" - Alcidamas (5th-4th century BC)
"Some individuals are born slaves by virtue of their nature" - Aristotle (384–322 BC)
"All men are equal" - Ulpian (170 – 223 AC)

Last edited:
How does this work today when qr codes can be scanned remotely and AI images are easily created?

The locals testify that the meetings are valid.

In case there is a doubt by one community about the validity of the meetings of another community, the first community can send delegates to participate to the meetings of the second community.

I was thinking collusion where a group fake their meetup.

Here follows a remedy (plus the representatives that can be send to watch the procedure).

For even more decentralization, many similar cryptoparties may be organized in several towns, as long as those cryptoparties are absolutely concurrent, and a web of trust among cryptoparties is established so that all the wallet lists of all the cryptoparties are recognized as proof of individuality. A web of trust among cryptoparties means that all the attendees of a specific cryptoparty sign whatever else cryptoparty they trust it is legitimate. This multi-signature may occur immediately after the creation of the final valid list of wallets, and just before the door opens.

Additionaly and as long as the meetings can be masked, cameras can be available in these concurrent meetings, and the attendees of one meeting can ask questions to the attendees of another meeting, to testify that the meeting is real.

Think about it, take the example from the normal ballot box elections.
CAN AN ELECTORAL DIVISION FAKE THEIR MEETUP?
THEY CANNOT, THIS NEVER HAPPENED IN THE HISTORY OF ELECTIONS!
Of course an electoral division can fake the votes, so the electoral representatives play a crucial role in preventing that fraud.
SO THE SAME APPLIES TO OUR MEETINGS.

index.php

Last edited:
I guess there are two routes:

1. Someone creates this POI explicitly for the dash network, which might include MNOs and Proposal Owners.

2. The dash network participates in someone else's POI network. But is there a large global POI network that can meet the needs of a very small dash community that might well be very geographically dispersed? I'm not sure the GBD is accessible enough for most people.

For it's intended use, I think it's easier to just say, if you want profit then you must forfeit some ability to vote.. and if you want to vote, then you must forfeit some profit.

Another thought. There are a number of people that buy and sell dash in large lots, 1000+ i.e. masternodes do exit and return. How could dash sustain this freedom while demanding POI?

Another thought. There are a number of people that buy and sell dash in large lots, 1000+ i.e. masternodes do exit and return. How could dash sustain this freedom while demanding POI?

These people should wait for the next meeting, in order to regain their individuality. Thats not a deficiency, it is a feature, because buying and selling masternodes in a big quantity and frequency is against individuality, so the community should not incentivize such behavior.

I guess there are two routes:

1. Someone creates this POI explicitly for the dash network, which might include MNOs and Proposal Owners.

Dash's P.O.Individuality (you can call it also P.O.Pershonhood) includes every single individual who holds at least one dash wallet, even an empty one. The incentive for people to participate to the meetings I propose is the Basic income that will be given, paid in Dash cryptocurrency. We could vote the numbers into the Dash budget, and decide how big or small this B.I. should be.

2. The dash network participates in someone else's POI network. But is there a large global POI network that can meet the needs of a very small dash community that might well be very geographically dispersed? I'm not sure the GBD is accessible enough for most people.

The only POI/POP network that meets somehow the requirements of my proposal is Encointer, and it is a very small network.
Of course one of the principles of Encointer's community is the equality in the voting rights, so I am not sure whether they will like the voting inegality that occurs into the Dash network.
Encointer meetings occur currently only in GreenBay/USA and Zyrich. But if we give a Basic Income to them (paid in Dash), then maybe more meetings will occur to more places.

For it's intended use, I think it's easier to just say, if you want profit then you must forfeit some ability to vote.. and if you want to vote, then you must forfeit some profit.

The profit for someone to attend the meetings of my proposal is the basic income that is given in Dash, and not the voting rights.

The voting rights (that are currently holded only by the masternodes) will be an incentive only in case the masternodes network decides that only the proved individuals that hold masternodes should have the right to vote. Only in case the masternodes network decides that the masternodes who cannot prove their individuality will lose their voting rights, only in that case the masternode owners will be incentivized to participate to the meetings,

But I doubt whether the masternodes will ever decide that.

Because a lot of masternodes belong to the government or to government affiliated institutions, and these institutions (who control Dash) do not want a governance system that is based on individuals to be applied in Dash. Because if this happens it will result for the government to lost control over the Dash network. This is a red line for the government agents who live among us, they will never accept that, unless something or someone will force them to accept it.

"Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number of the beast, for it is the number of a human."

Last edited:
You may read the news about encointer community here.

Encointer is a parachain of polkadot, so we have a technical issue, in case we decide to offer them a basic income from the dash budget.
How to pay dash in a polkadot parachain (kusama) ?

For examlpe, here is a place where BTC is exchanged to Polkadot. They call it KBTC (Kusama-BTC), so we need a Kusama-Dash bridge. Unfortunately US citizents cannot use interlay.io . When they try to connect a wallet (top right button), there is a warning...
By proceeding you confirm that you have read and accepted the terms and conditions, and represent and warrant that you are not a Resident of the United States or a "U.S. person" within the meaning of Rule 902(k) under the United States Securities Act of 1933 (the "Securities Act").

So we need smth that can be used globaly, because there is also an encointer community that resides in US (greenbay).

Unless of course we ask the Encointer community members to open a dash wallet.

Last edited:
Out of interest, how do you propose that persons in sanctioned countries participate with the rest of the world without getting either side into trouble?

Of all the places, Hong Kong is on this list. Of course, Hong Kong is relatively easy to travel to but I imagine certain actions could be construed as a "transaction".

Out of interest, how do you propose that persons in sanctioned countries participate with the rest of the world without getting either side into trouble?

Of all the places, Hong Kong is on this list. Of course, Hong Kong is relatively easy to travel to but I imagine certain actions could be construed as a "transaction".

The Basic Income is a humanitarian aid. I dont think it has to do with any sanctions.

Besides in the list you provided there is also Venezuela, and Dash has a long history there , without any major problem.

"U.S. passports are not valid for travel to, in, or through North Korea, unless they are specially validated by the Department of State. See here for how to apply special passport to travel to North Korea."

"U.S. passports are not valid for travel to, in, or through North Korea, unless they are specially validated by the Department of State. See here for how to apply special passport to travel to North Korea."

But in order to get the Basic Income people dont need to travel!
The B.I. meetings occur localy, and they are for the locals.

Unless you meen you need travelling in order to send Dash's trusted representatives to the meetings, that will observe the validity of the meetings, and whether they occur in a legitimate way within the given specification.

In that case, you may send representatives to travel to nearby countries, where they will find trusted local persons that are allowed to travel to the banned countries and observe the B.I. meetings there.

Specifically for North Korea, the only nationalities restricted from travelling there are tourists travelling on South Korean (Republic of Korea) and United States of America (USA) passports. All other nationalities are legally allowed to visit the DPRK. So you may hire representatives of any other country that will observe the Dash B.I. meetings in DPRK.

My only concern is who will be the brave Dash representative that will travel to North Sentinel. The area is patrolled by the Indian Navy which restricts any contact, there is also a rumor that they eat the representatives there.

Last edited:
Below you can see Encointer's activity in polkadot-kusama governance system.

Below you can see Encointer's activity in polkadot-kusama governance system.

For example, look here how much the Encointer project received from the kusama treasury.
https://kusama.subscan.io/treasury/226 $209,293.22
https://kusama.subscan.io/treasury/186 $305,847.4
https://kusama.subscan.io/treasury/139 $47,143.4
https://kusama.subscan.io/treasury/113 $31,907.33

You can see that the kusama-polkadot community awarded $594,191.35 the Encointer developers , for implementing the idea (not to mention the tips). An amount almost twice the entire monthly budget of dash. No wonder why the Encointer developers dont give a shit about dash.

$594,191.35 !!! This is how much the polkadot-kusama community appreciated the idea. How much the dash community appreciated the same idea, back in 2016? Zero dash and a ban for demo!!!!!

On the other hand, look at these comments, in the polkadot governance system. Some users complain.....

#249 Polkadot Developer Bootcamp - India

I have never been more disappointed in the council. The due diligence for proposals and ROI is never calculated for these proposals. I remember these guys taking over a $1mn last year from treasury. Polkadot & Kusama treasuries are most exploited treasuries these days with funds being disbursed to anyone who asks. The word on street is - 'If you want money, learn how to make a proposal and take money from Polkadot or Kusama'

I don't have words if this proposal gets passed. This will be a big shame for Polkadot's due-diligence!
Asked them what they have done for the polkadot ecosystem? Literally nothing apart from mentioning Polkadex and other unknown projects. If they can mention benefits they have done(with PROOFS) to these projects can be meaningful apart from taking sponsorship monies from them!
Almost all their events, are merely community builders parties and nothing else.
If they can mention few activities(with PROOFs) apart form PRESS RELEASE what they have contributed to the BUILDERS/DEVELOPERS community program, maybe the council can judge that!
If they can publish work proofs of developer centric work apart from organizing community/shilling building events which are more social in nature.Ultimate proof of work: If Joseph Lubin can give some testimonial on the outcome of their partnership, nothing like it!
P.S. Seems like they are coming to the Polkadot ecosystem because polygon is running out of funds to sponsor their parties :)

ATTENTION COUNCILS,
Please don't get fooled by all the glorious PR releases mentioned. They have been literally charging 10k-15k USDT as sponsorship moneys from partners that they tie-up with. And give back nothing! Trust me nothing. I'm one of the guys who paid them money and regret doing that!
These are some of my experience that i felt working with them:
  1. No developer connections - There is a difference between glorifying founders and supporting developers community! they literally don't even have 50+ developers onboard currently.
  2. Charge high in the name of support - They take monies from projects to give them stage. They don't work for free. and say to the outside world that they are working for free.
  3. Runs a commercial house: They are the most highest paid community group. Please note I use community group and not developer group. Because their major focus is running a jazzy community.
  4. No connection to Polkadot: They were literally promoting Polygon, Solana and other shitty blockchains, because they had commercial and vested interest there. Now when these blockchain realized they are exorbitantly expensive without any ROI, they are jumping on the Polka-wagon!
It saddens me to see 6 Council Votes.
I highly ask POLKADOT COUNCIL to do a proper due-diligence and then vote. and not just vote it out because of some so-called prominent names mentioned in the proposal which is written without even asking them and won't even contribute anything.

The Encointer's main developer is now in India, so I wonder whether he participates in the above India Bootcamp (and whether he has been paid for doing that from the Polkadot India Bootcamp proposal).

Stupid masternodes, no matter how they call you (in polkadot you have been named "council"), do not wonder why you will finally fall into the pit of despair. VOTE THE NUMBERS STUPID MASTERNODES/councils, THIS IS THE ONLY IDEA NOT IMPLEMENTED BY ANYONE (YET)!!

Last edited:
Back