• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

New website discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so at this point I'm at crossroads, I could just keep hammering away at random things and hopefully keep progressing but life seems to be getting busier and busier everyday and I'm not sure I can "fully commit" enough time at the moment to be productive, I'll package up what I have and hand it back over to @kot and @AndyDark but I need to refocus my efforts as I'm getting told I'm slacking (on multiple projects) from all sides and it's kinda of making me irritated not going to lie.

So expect a PM with a .ZIP file at some point today @kot and @AndyDark.

Again, willing to help, but I obviously underestimated the amount of work and collaboration that needs to go into this project and I'm honestly just feeling a little burnt out between this shitty election and some of the other things going on right now. I just want to show some progress and I feel like that progress might best me made on my own paid gigs and DashNation for now.

Hey bud, no problem. I saw your screenshots and you made a lot of progress already and I know how hard it can be juggling full-time work, I kinda thought this might be the situation at this point so thanks for being upfront and also the work you put in :) let me know next time you get any free time and want to contribute more design skills ;)

cheers,
Andy

Got it :) It landed in the "spam" folder ;)
Thanks for double-checking!

Well, since I admire good progress I hate to bring this up but someone has to: per @TheDashGuy on the public Slack, he will have a whole new website about that ... notion of nation ... designed, up and running in days / week or so from now.

At the same time, our our weak spot, the official Dash website design process he has also taken on is still being dragged on seemingly forever. It really miffs me a tiny little bit to see how the official website development stalls for ages while grassroots nationalistic obsession of one guy transcends the core need by using up these limited volunteering resources.

Well, since I admire good progress I hate to bring this up but someone has to: per @TheDashGuy on the public Slack, he will have a whole new website about that ... notion of nation ... designed, up and running in days / week or so from now.

At the same time, our our weak spot, the official Dash website design process he has also taken on is still being dragged on seemingly forever. It really miffs me a tiny little bit to see how the official website development stalls for ages while grassroots nationalistic obsession of one guy transcends the core need by using up these limited volunteering resources.
And yet I still put 5x as many hours into dash.org than dashnation so far.. but obviously you're pissed in general. Sorry I tried to show you something I thought you might see value in.

Well, we had a cordial private conversation about this same topic so I see no reason to have that baseless nonsense about me being "pissed in general" in public. Alas...

You wrote: "... just feeling a little burnt out between this shitty election and some of the other things going on right now. I just want to show some progress and I feel like that progress might best me made on my own paid gigs and DashNation for now," so if this "shitty election" stops you to provide more of your valuable contribution to dash.org and you prefer to focus on that other website, that's more than fine, I guess.

Only that if you're burnt and focused on something else, be clear about it, notify @kot and the community that you're not able to continue, if this is the case, and let him take over. You did make a nice progress with dash.org indeed, but it really makes no sense for a $50M ++ market cap crypto to wait for a very busy volunteer for ages. So, I really do not see any of this as your fault, on the contrary. We need a solution-focused approach to this website saga or we'll really start to look ridiculous.

Well, we had a cordial private conversation about this same topic so I see no reason to have that baseless nonsense about me being "pissed in general" in public. Alas...

You wrote: "... just feeling a little burnt out between this shitty election and some of the other things going on right now. I just want to show some progress and I feel like that progress might best me made on my own paid gigs and DashNation for now," so if this "shitty election" stops you to provide more of your valuable contribution to dash.org and you prefer to focus on that other website, that's more than fine, I guess.

Only that if you're burnt and focused on something else, be clear about it, notify @kot and the community that you're not able to continue, if this is the case, and let him take over. You did make a nice progress with dash.org indeed, but it really makes no sense for a $50M ++ market cap crypto to wait for a very busy volunteer for ages. So, I really do not see any of this as your fault, on the contrary. We need a solution-focused approach to this website saga or we'll really start to look ridiculous.

Try scrolling up and actually reading the thread. @kot has the website already.

I'm not sure where this new "attitude" is coming from, as I used to be one of the few literally supporting you just to see where it goes. Let's not tread into the "what value have you provided for your cost" area just yet @GreyGhost. You'll not be happy when you start slinging mud good sir.

edit; As a reminder, nothing I have done thus far has been anything other than free volunteering hours. If you have an issue with "how much I got done" take it up with core team, as they and you are paid to manage this stuff. Manage it. Don't look at me like I'm going to come in and solve all of the issues happening right now. I did what I could, and I plan to do more when my plate is less full. Got an issue with that? Send your monthly stripend my way and i'll be happy to focus harder. Until then, stop complaining.

Last edited:
After watching quite a number of the Amanda B. Johnson video episodes of Daily Decrypt, and progress and improvements in her team's work, I would expect she could write up a concept script along the graphic line of the ledger wallet video...
Another moments thought brings the realization that the DASH service is considerably more complex than a wallet... lol Exponentially might be the word.

Best
rc

Guys, would you stop working to perfection. We need to get some new content up quickly. We have the D10E conference just days away. The Bitcoin block having is in 3 days. Bitcoin is likely to have huge transaction delays. These are big events and we should be focusing on making changes now!

The website should make it obvious that Bitcoin is slow because of confirmation times, the reduced block rewards will loose miners and slow down blocks, and has rising fees with less blocks that are full. Take advantage of this. Show how Dash is fast, has room for transactions, is nimble and can make decisions.

The current site says without waits....bad english. Also, we need to differentiate between 0 confirms that is fast and InstantSend. All this is pretty simple with a little planning and thinking how a new person sees the site.

There is nothing about fungibility on the site. This is the most important part of a crypto. If you a crypto doesn't have fungibility it will not have value for long. We need this to be obvious and point out that Dash has this advantage.

We still don't show android and iphone wallets on the download page. There are no instructions on backing up a wallet or setting a password. No info on how to get dash from an exchange. This info should be on the download page.

We are not there guys. We don't need an entire new site. Just fix the first page and the download page. We have had whatisdash.org built in a month from just a few community helpers. This isn't a manpower issue. This is a get it done issue. Focus get it done.

Guys, would you stop working to perfection. We need to get some new content up quickly. We have the D10E conference just days away. The Bitcoin block having is in 3 days. Bitcoin is likely to have huge transaction delays. These are big events and we should be focusing on making changes now!

The website should make it obvious that Bitcoin is slow because of confirmation times, the reduced block rewards will loose miners and slow down blocks, and has rising fees with less blocks that are full. Take advantage of this. Show how Dash is fast, has room for transactions, is nimble and can make decisions.

The current site says without waits....bad english. Also, we need to differentiate between 0 confirms that is fast and InstantSend. All this is pretty simple with a little planning and thinking how a new person sees the site.

There is nothing about fungibility on the site. This is the most important part of a crypto. If you a crypto doesn't have fungibility it will not have value for long. We need this to be obvious and point out that Dash has this advantage.

We still don't show android and iphone wallets on the download page. There are no instructions on backing up a wallet or setting a password. No info on how to get dash from an exchange. This info should be on the download page.

We are not there guys. We don't need an entire new site. Just fix the first page and the download page. We have had whatisdash.org built in a month from just a few community helpers. This isn't a manpower issue. This is a get it done issue. Focus get it done.

I hear what you're saying, I have the same issue with the current site, it's not conveying our info very well or in an easy to find way. also the design is outdated and the nav is badly organized, and as our main point of presence and the traffic we get it's basically a missed opportunity in terms of converting users

All i'm doing is picking up where TDG left off and just getting that done with a CMS we can use to push it live. That will gives us a much better organized base with an upto date design and a lot of this info.

At that stage we can tweak for things like you are saying. It's with a designer now and there's things I can't change because it would go over budget. So we'll run with what we've got (which is a lot better than the current i think) then it would be good if we can get community help to flesh out / tweak the details if people can offer time for this.

Last edited:
Wow this thread is so full of good stuff! How long until this badass website is done? After reading this, I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Good job team!
:D:D:D

Wow this thread is so full of good stuff! How long until this badass website is done? After reading this, I am SO EXCITED!!!!

Good job team!
:D:D:D

hopefully before evolution is released in 2017:confused:
maybe before monero releases their official GUI wallet;)
when pigs fly:(
soonish:cool:
2-3 weeks:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back