• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

I think Dash needs some changes

Maybe it is time we start thinking again about having someone already familiar with Dash and having management experience to take on the interim-CEO of DCG position. It will not be a popular position and there will most likely not be much financial compensation available for it, but at least it could give that person the authority to drive through some operational changes within DCG. Make DCG a more lean mean fighting machine, during bear markets like these.

And personally i would like to see a clear division of budget for DCG in the nearby future :

* Budget funding for the Platform teams
* Budget funding for the Core team.

Through two seperate DCG Compensation budget proposals. What teams exactly fall under the Core team needs to be further specified.
Both teams can compete for additional budget funding from unallocated Treasury budget.
why do you believe DCG as a concept is still appropriate?

why do you believe DCG as a concept is still appropriate?
I believe DCG as a concept (a core group of developers maintaining Dash code base) is still viable, but it does need a lot of changes.

We had externally-attracted CTO's of DCG, that relayed estimates from devs to the Dash community. Estimates that turned out to be completely inaccurate and false. In the end those CTO's of DCG decided to just leave Dash, and i can't blame them.

We then had a longtime Dash developer first promoted to interim CTO of DCG and then fulltime CTO of DCG, during a period Dash was already suffering from project development delays and nothing changes after that with regards to the project delays. In fact it became worse, as estimates were not given out to the Dash community anymore, as that CTO of DCG became less and less sure about both his own estimations and that of his fellow devs.

We need either an interim CEO of DCG to make the necessary changes or a fulltime CEO of DCG, in my opinion.
Not doing anything with DCG and how it operates after all these project delays, is pure neglicense if you ask me. It can't be just business as usual, once Dash Platform gets released to Dash Mainnet.

Even if Dash was suddenly in a bull market, DCG needs to have changes to restore trust in both DCG ability to deliver on time and DCG ability to survive future bear markets by being far more pro-active during changing market conditions.

Last edited:
And that is precisely what I'm talking about, not many people care about the core tenets of DASH or changing the world, they're here to get a bag, sell said bag for a load of money later and move on. This is the space DASH is operating in, there aren't many people still here.
Amanda was away because she know it does not worth her time. Making money is the ultimate goal for any business, and share holder value increase is the only judge of any business practice. There are less people here because Dash does not make money for investors

It is useless to do marketing without knowing the current market demand and your position in the market. Cash payment has been proven not really working due to exchange rate volatility and taxation issues, this applies to all cryptocurrencies. The main usage area for cryptos are long term value store, anonymous transfer (to bypass capital control or any other limit) and wealth concealing. But if your exchange rate goes down long term wise, the value store and wealth concealing demand will disappear. So, if a coin could not make a higher high after 4 years, it is basically discarded by majority of investors. I think the only chance for Dash to regain traction, would be the day that it makes a higher high, at least higher than the 400 top on latest bull cycle

Functionality wise, privatesend is unique, but that is in a sensitive area of regulation, and it has been removed from some of the exchanges because of that (together with zcash/monero)

Again, the question of why XRP still stays strong, I think it is artificially supported, just like central banks using their USD reserve to maintain exchange rate of their own coins. In Defi, you can pump up a coin if you have stable coin issuance mechanism, this maybe worth digging

Amanda was away because she know it does not worth her time. Making money is the ultimate goal for any business, and share holder value increase is the only judge of any business practice. There are less people here because Dash does not make money for investors

It is useless to do marketing without knowing the current market demand and your position in the market. Cash payment has been proven not really working due to exchange rate volatility and taxation issues, this applies to all cryptocurrencies. The main usage area for cryptos are long term value store, anonymous transfer (to bypass capital control or any other limit) and wealth concealing. But if your exchange rate goes down long term wise, the value store and wealth concealing demand will disappear. So, if a coin could not make a higher high after 4 years, it is basically discarded by majority of investors. I think the only chance for Dash to regain traction, would be the day that it makes a higher high, at least higher than the 400 top on latest bull cycle

Functionality wise, privatesend is unique, but that is in a sensitive area of regulation, and it has been removed from some of the exchanges because of that (together with zcash/monero)

Again, the question of why XRP still stays strong, I think it is artificially supported, just like central banks using their USD reserve to maintain exchange rate of their own coins. In Defi, you can pump up a coin if you have stable coin issuance mechanism, this maybe worth digging
Monero has done exceedingly well against dash over a sustained period of time, maintaining rank and relatively low volatility compared to others in the market. Do you think dash would benefit from going full-on privacy coin i.e. privacy by default?

Monero has done exceedingly well against dash over a sustained period of time, maintaining rank and relatively low volatility compared to others in the market. Do you think dash would benefit from going full-on privacy coin i.e. privacy by default?
Privacy is very important, but you don't want to become the tool for criminals. Based on today's AML/KYC regulation, anything below a couple hundred Euro is not requiring KYC and reporting, so I think dash could activate private send for small and low frequency transactions, that would not trigger a KYC action

Privacy is very important, but you don't want to become the tool for criminals. Based on today's AML/KYC regulation, anything below a couple hundred Euro is not requiring KYC and reporting, so I think dash could activate private send for small and low frequency transactions, that would not trigger a KYC action
Do you consider monero a tool for criminals? I mean, it could be used by criminals but equally by other groups of people whose human rights need protecting. Governments love to manage fear and greed with the lie "we're protecting you". It's BS.

This idea that the EU (or any other centralized government body) supposedly allows small / low frequency transactions makes me vomit. It is an acceptance that outside entities should arbitrarily control targets and limits. And thus, it is also a clear message to ask permission to use. I could never accept such bullying and egos. I am innocent until proven guilty.

There exists many unnecessary anti-money-laundering anti-terrorist laws. Just to buy or sell a house or a car, or anything over, say, 1000 euros. Those laws would by default include cryptocurrencies, there never was any need to single out cryptocurrencies, let alone create brand new terminology such as "virtual asset service providers". This is OUR technology, it belongs to the people, not to some lame ass lawyer that considers himself smarter and wiser than everyone else.

Do you consider monero a tool for criminals? I mean, it could be used by criminals but equally by other groups of people whose human rights need protecting. Governments love to manage fear and greed with the lie "we're protecting you". It's BS.

This idea that the EU (or any other centralized government body) supposedly allows small / low frequency transactions makes me vomit. It is an acceptance that outside entities should arbitrarily control targets and limits. And thus, it is also a clear message to ask permission to use. I could never accept such bullying and egos. I am innocent until proven guilty.

There exists many unnecessary anti-money-laundering anti-terrorist laws. Just to buy or sell a house or a car, or anything over, say, 1000 euros. Those laws would by default include cryptocurrencies, there never was any need to single out cryptocurrencies, let alone create brand new terminology such as "virtual asset service providers". This is OUR technology, it belongs to the people, not to some lame ass lawyer that considers himself smarter and wiser than everyone else.
You could use monero in P2P transactions, but any registered exchange will get pressure from governments, complaining does not gain exchanges support. Over the last decade, localbitcoins (where I had over 100k P2P transactions with real people) first bowed to regulators and sharpened their KYC measures, and eventually they had to close the shop due to threaten of law enforcement action. Same goes for localcryptos (former localethereum).

Besides, if you are selling coins and never do KYC check, most of the time you will receive fiat money from an illegal source, typically a scammed or hacked old lady. I have lost most of my bank accounts due to not doing KYC in early days. KYC is just a way to make the scams/hacks more difficult, and leave trace for possible police investigation, it is not a requirement before 1970s, but then we did not have modern electronic banking

I still think stable coin is a way to go, seems government is relatively comfortable on this front. Stable coins are theoretically backed by tangible assets. And they are issued on many different blockchains. If it is possible for Dash blockchain to be used to issue stable coin, then you can start to talk to tether and other stable coin issuers

You could use monero in P2P transactions, but any registered exchange will get pressure from governments, complaining does not gain exchanges support. Over the last decade, localbitcoins (where I had over 100k P2P transactions with real people) first bowed to regulators and sharpened their KYC measures, and eventually they had to close the shop due to threaten of law enforcement action. Same goes for localcryptos (former localethereum).

Besides, if you are selling coins and never do KYC check, most of the time you will receive fiat money from an illegal source, typically a scammed or hacked old lady. I have lost most of my bank accounts due to not doing KYC in early days. KYC is just a way to make the scams/hacks more difficult, and leave trace for possible police investigation, it is not a requirement before 1970s, but then we did not have modern electronic banking

Many fake assumptions here, not least that you have not accounted for surveillance capitalism.

KYC is the demand, not only to collect data but to share it without your consent to whoever, whenever and however they want.

KYC laws make it illegal to delete data for many years, and sometimes forever.

KYC is also, almost always, personal biometric data e.g. high resolution photos where medical data may be extracted today or in the future. Think DNA and how it evolved. Your photos of today will be used against you, diagnosing disease without informing you at the earliest possibly time. Or perhaps an AI rating the likelihood of you committing a crime.

Financial regulation is deliberately vague, that financial institutions over compensate on their KYC policies or face fines.

The more demands made of KYC, the more costly it is to maintain. Those costs are passed on to customers whom are by-and-large innocent bystanders.

What is legal in your country may be illegal in a different country and vice versa. What is legal today may become illegal tomorrow. KYC doesn't make the laws but it is the poisonous instrument to uphold it. And, in any event, KYC is also used to punish people who do not abide by an institutions moral values e.g. sex workers being banned at exchanges.

If you truly believe you are innocent until proven guilty, you would not defend KYC, you would demand a genuine belief that a crime has been committed, then you would collect data to make your case.

I reject your claim that most of the time, selling coins will receive fiat from illegal sources. You must weigh this against the theft of time and energy to produce work and then have it stolen via taxes and inflation. Taxes that fund wars for which I never wanted.

You must weigh this against the theft of time and energy to produce work and then have it stolen via taxes and inflation. Taxes that fund wars for which I never wanted.

Exactly. I would may accept KYC only in case I would be allowed to decide/vote where the taxes are spend. As long as I am a slave, and cannot vote/decide where the tax money goes to, I am against KYC.

And all the rest reasonable slaves should be against it, because KYC as it is implemented nowadays by the government, it is definitely used to enslave you more.

Stupid slaves, vote the numbers!

Last edited:
So according Sam during latest sprint review the Platform feature 'Versioning' has been merged, but appearently merged only into the v0.25-dev-nightly branche on Github. See : https://github.com/dashpay/platform/pull/1327

Knipsel.JPG

How long untill this Versioning feature gets properly merged into Platform v0.25 ??

For clarity and openness it would have been nice if Sam explained to us that Platform feature 'Versioning' is only temporary merged, so he can continue work on some other feature. Versioning i assume still needs analyzing and approval from other devs and still needs a proper merge. Which could take some time (maybe a lot of time with so much code in this feature).

When devs are talking about having merged certain features of Platform already on Github, i would like them to be precise and open about it.
Not dump them in some temporary Github branche and then tell the Dash community during sprint reviews that its merged already.

Last edited:
I still think stable coin is a way to go, seems government is relatively comfortable on this front. Stable coins are theoretically backed by tangible assets. And they are issued on many different blockchains. If it is possible for Dash blockchain to be used to issue stable coin, then you can start to talk to tether and other stable coin issuers
governments are targeting stablecoins. Having an alternative that still provides stable prices (are the illusion of this) will be extremely valuable.

I reject your claim that most of the time, selling coins will receive fiat from illegal sources. You must weigh this against the theft of time and energy to produce work and then have it stolen via taxes and inflation. Taxes that fund wars for which I never wanted.
How many otc trades have you done? You can live in your fantasy but the reality is that majority of the incoming funds are illegally gained, if you don't do KYC. After just 3 months of selling coins on internet in 2013 without doing KYC, I was called to a police investigation and almost all my buyers have sued me of scamming them (A typical man-in-the-middle attack). There are many other types of scammers and fraudsters, which a KYC will basically scare them away

How many otc trades have you done? You can live in your fantasy but the reality is that majority of the incoming funds are illegally gained, if you don't do KYC. After just 3 months of selling coins on internet in 2013 without doing KYC, I was called to a police investigation and almost all my buyers have sued me of scamming them (A typical man-in-the-middle attack). There are many other types of scammers and fraudsters, which a KYC will basically scare them away

Am genuinely sorry you went through that with the police. Even the police can be corrupt. Obviously I don't know the details of your case but a lot of police work goes to low hanging fruit to meet targets. For them to claim the money was from illegal proceeds is easy, I'm sure they have a thousand possible answers. In any event, those reasons equally apply to fiat, perhaps more so.

Depending where you live, if the police raid your home and find a large stash of cold hard cash, that too will be confiscated and you won't get it back until you've shown where it has come from. Just one example of when "innocent until proven guilty" does not apply. And the term "large" will be relatively low, just a few thousand euros. It's the same if they find expensive watches / jewelry and so on. This is just one of the reasons I am so embedded in crypto.

As an aside, try going through customs with more than two Rolex watches and see what happens.

I'm pretty sure KYC doesn't scare away criminals using stolen IDs and various AI tools. I'm more concerned how KYC cripples the majority of law abiding people. And I'm concerned how KYC is used as the perfect excuse for excessive data collection and sharing. If the data wasn't collected and shared it could never be hacked. But laws demand storage and sharing and no deletion for X period of time. They demand that hacking may occur so that they can justify their existence.

How many otc trades have you done? You can live in your fantasy but the reality is that majority of the incoming funds are illegally gained, if you don't do KYC.

The majority of the incoming funds may be illegally gained, but not also necessarily immorally gained. On the other hand the law that defines what is legal and what is illegal, has been decided by using immoral election methods.

And this applies to almost all governments worldwide, including Dash's government. Because over here the Dash laws have also been decided by a perpetually immoral DCG cabal (aligned to a masternode whales cabal) which cunningly and immoraly refuses/avoids to set the Dash status quo under vote (by using a moral election method of course).

Last edited:
What you mean?
I thought we have already woken up from the early day bitcoin anarchist ideologies, but still find someone here stayed same as 10 years ago. The total remove of any kind of regulation would just hurt majority of normal innocent people, benefiting only a few smart guys and we will be back to the stone age

I thought we have already woken up from the early day bitcoin anarchist ideologies, but still find someone here stayed same as 10 years ago. The total remove of any kind of regulation would just hurt majority of normal innocent people, benefiting only a few smart guys and we will be back to the stone age
We certainly need regulations. Lets vote about the numbers that these regulations will contain.

Who do you think should decide the numbers of the regulations? God?

OPTION 1) Do not answer the question at all, in case you believe that the inquestioned number should not be voted but should be decided by an authority/god. Please describe the authority/god in the comments below.

Dollarnote_siegel_hq.jpg

Back