• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PROPOSAL: DASH DAO Tutorial Videos - 30 DASH Fee

cryptosi

Hello Dash Masternode Network and Community Members,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is CryptoSI, and I am excited to present a proposal that I believe will significantly contribute to the Dash community's growth and education.

FEE
To create all 6 videos in the series I'd like 30 Dash, This is more of a token payment, Regardless of the proposal passing or not the videos will still be created.
Please let me know if you feel this fee is too low, I will gladly raise it

This proposal will last for 1 cycle.

Background​

Some of you may be familiar with my work on DAOWatch.blog, where I regularly review Dash proposals along with other DAO projects and attempt to educate and engage people on DAO governance and the developments within DAOs across crypto. You can view Daowatch videos here : -

I am currently in the process of creating a similar suite of videos for PIVX, A fork of Dash which has moved to proof of stake and maintained the priority on Privacy. you can view the videos created for PIVX here: -
These tutorials have empowered PIVX community members with clear instructions on creating proposals, voting, and tracking progress.
Once completed these videos will also be posted to my DAO focused Site, DAOWATCH.BLOG

Introducing: DASH DAO Tutorial Videos​

Building on the success and experience gained from the PIVX project, I am proposing to create a similar series of tutorial videos tailored specifically for Dash. These videos will be designed to educate both new and existing Dash users on creating Dash governance proposals. The aim being to help to onboard more entrepreneurs and builders into the Dash ecosystem.

Objectives​

• Educate: Provide clear and concise tutorials on putting forward proposals in DASH governance and more.
  • Engage: Foster community engagement and collaboration through interactive content.
  • Empower: Enable users to make the most of Dash's unique features and benefits.

Content Overview​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos will cover topics such as:

• Getting Started
  • Initiating Community Discussion
  • Adding the Proposal to the Chain
  • Monitoring the Proposal
  • Promoting Your Proposal
  • Reporting
Budget and Resource Allocation
The requested budget for this project is 30 DASH, which primarily covers the labor required to plan, create, and publish the tutorial series. Since all editing, recording, and hosting duties are being handled by myself at no extra cost, and the videos will be hosted free on YouTube, this budget is primarily for compensating the time and effort put into this project.

Here is a simplified breakdown of the budget:
  1. Planning and Scripting: Each of the six videos requires thorough research, scripting, and planning to ensure the content is accurate, engaging, and helpful. This task is estimated to take approximately 25% of the overall time.
  2. Recording and Editing: This involves recording the video, doing the voiceover, and editing the footage. Given the complexity of this task, it is estimated to take around 50% of the total time.
  3. Finalizing and Publishing: This includes final touches, proof-watching, uploading, and publishing the videos. This task will take approximately 15% of the total time.
  4. Promotion and Community Engagement: The remaining 10% of the time will be allocated for promoting the videos on various platforms and engaging with the community for feedback and discussions.
While the sum requested may seem modest given the scope of the project, it is important to note that the primary motivation behind this proposal is to contribute to the Dash community and promote active engagement in its decentralized governance model. Although the potential for higher earnings exists elsewhere, the value derived from enhancing community participation and empowering individuals with knowledge to contribute effectively to DASH's governance is seen as a significant reward for me personally. I really just want Crypto and DAOs to improve and ultimately succeed.

Community Engagement and Distribution Strategy​

The strategy for hosting and distributing the videos has been designed to ensure maximum visibility and accessibility, promoting a high degree of engagement among the DASH community and beyond.
  1. Hosting: The tutorial videos will be hosted on two primary platforms. Firstly, they will be uploaded to my YouTube channel, which provides a user-friendly and widely accessible platform. In addition to this, the videos will also be made available within the DASH community through embedding or linking, ensuring direct accessibility to community members.
  2. Promotion within the DASH community: I plan to leverage the community's established communication channels for promoting these videos. These channels include the DASH forums, Discord, Reddit, Twitter, Instagram and any other relevant platform. This will ensure the core user base is promptly informed of new tutorial releases.
  3. Broader Promotion: We plan to reach beyond the DASH community by leveraging social media platforms such as Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram. Engaging posts and snippets from the videos can serve to capture the attention of a broader audience. These posts will contain links to the full video tutorials, inviting interested individuals to engage further. This strategy not only aims to attract potential new community members but also raises general awareness about Dash's unique governance model.
  4. Ongoing Engagement: Following the release of each tutorial, I will actively participate in ensuing discussions, answering questions and providing clarification where necessary. This ongoing engagement will help to build a sense of community, encourage active learning, and ensure that the content is clearly understood.
  5. Feedback Loop: Finally, a continuous feedback loop will be established to inform the ongoing refinement of these tutorials. Community members will be encouraged to provide their thoughts and suggestions, allowing the content to evolve according to the community's needs. pending future proposals of course.
Through this multi-faceted distribution and engagement strategy, we aim to ensure these tutorials reach a wide audience, stimulate robust discussions, and ultimately foster a more engaged, empowered, and active Dash community.

Collaboration and Feedback​

I believe in the power of collaboration and community input. Therefore, I invite all Dash community members, especially Masternode owners, to share their thoughts, suggestions, and feedback on this proposal. Your insights will be invaluable in shaping the content and ensuring that it meets the community's needs.
For the thumbnails I'm going to try to collaborate with Dan S (discord handle), As he was the person who helped me create the template I use for the DASH Proposal of the week twitter posts I regularly create. I may change the FEE in light of any compensation he requests as I feel he should be propoerly paid for his time. He has previously helped me for free.

I will include information about existing guides and tooling.

Contingency
If the proposal does not pass, I will still complete the tutorials and post them, I will however not allow Dash to post them on their youtube channel and I will feel upset and rejected.

If the vote fails but I am given the Dash via donation, I will gift the content to Dash for them to do as they please in the same way I would if I were funded by the treasury, I will however not get the bragging rights of calling the tutorials the Official Dash DAO tutorials.

You may Tip or donate to this address : XvDvzTnAHmLtTqdCywxwtRhigKDFDNzo7X

Concerns
With Platform coming soon, I'm expecting new wallets to be created and the proposal creation process to possibly change, in which case these tutorials will quickly become outdated, if this is the case I will of course put in a new proposal and ask for yet more funding to create NEW tutorial videos. This may happen anyway if new ways to create proposals become available via differenc wallets such as browser or mobile wallets.

Conclusion​

The DASH DAO Tutorial Videos aim to be a valuable resource for the Dash community, enhancing understanding, engagement, and utilization of Dash. With your support, we can make this vision a reality.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly via Email or Twitter if you have any questions or would like to discuss this proposal further.

Thank you for considering this proposal, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
CryptoSI
DAOWATCH.blog

Do it, I will support it. Did you know I was one of the so-called 'Dash Collective' that was finally successful in bringing the proposal fee down to 1 Dash? Man that was a battle, but I am so glad we got it down, now we are able entertain a lot more proposals and even fund micro-proposals like the MNOwatch 1 Dash hosting fee proposal.

May I suggest that the goal of such a program would be as a Request for Proposal System?

I think if Dash had a mechanism/someone that was publicizing the needs of the network - the problems that need solving, we'd get much better proposals and in general the treasury would function better.

RFPs soliciting existing operators/firms to bring their services to the network would be a big win.

Will you also explain in your videos how is it possible for someone to use the budget in order to ask for a number to be voted?

You may think that there is no way to vote the numbers in the current budget voting system. Well, there is! So, how can we vote the numbers in the current budget system? Simple, you have to use the TERNARY or ΤRINARY or BASE3 NUMERAL system.
If you make the assumption that NO_VOTE=0, ABSTAIN_VOTE=1, and YES_VOTE=2 , then you can vote numbers from 0-2.
if you cast TWO proposals (at the cost of 2 dash proposal fee) under the TERNARY system, then you can vote numbers from 0-8
if you cast THREE proposals (at the cost of 3 dash proposal fee) under the TERNARY system, then you can vote numbers from 0-26.
So if you want to vote from 0 to 100 and you afford to pay for 3 proposals, you can divide (100-0)/26=3.84. Your chunk is 3.84 and thus if the average of the voting result of the budget vote is 1 then 3.84 is voted, if the average result of the budget vote is 10 then 38.4 is voted, if the average result of budget vote is 15 then 57.6 is voted e.t.c.
By adding a fourth proposal, you can have 80 divisions, by adding a fifth proposal you can have 242 divisions, so you can increase the granularity of your vote.

Last edited:
Will you also explain in your videos how is it possible for someone to use the budget in order to ask for a number to be voted?
you'd probably need to explain it in much simpler terms. I've heard you bang on about this many times and still don't know exactly what it is. Why is vote the numbers preferential to other possible upgrades to the DAO enabled by platform or by dash funded orgs?

you'd probably need to explain it in much simpler terms.

Simpler than the below? how?

You may think that there is no way to vote the numbers in the current budget voting system. Well, there is! So, how can we vote the numbers in the current budget system? Simple, you have to use the TERNARY or ΤRINARY or BASE3 NUMERAL system.
If you make the assumption that NO_VOTE=0, ABSTAIN_VOTE=1, and YES_VOTE=2 , then you can vote numbers from 0-2.
if you cast TWO proposals (at the cost of 2 dash proposal fee) under the TERNARY system, then you can vote numbers from 0-8
if you cast THREE proposals (at the cost of 3 dash proposal fee) under the TERNARY system, then you can vote numbers from 0-26.
So if you want to vote from 0 to 100 and you afford to pay for 3 proposals, you can divide (100-0)/26=3.84. Your chunk is 3.84 and thus if the average of the voting result of the budget vote is 1 then 3.84 is voted, if the average result of the budget vote is 10 then 38.4 is voted, if the average result of budget vote is 15 then 57.6 is voted e.t.c.
By adding a fourth proposal, you can have 80 divisions, by adding a fifth proposal you can have 242 divisions, so you can increase the granularity of your vote.

I cannot explain it simpler than that. If someone can help, he is welcome.

Last edited:
Simpler than the below? how?

I cannot explain it simpler than that. If someone can help, he is welcome.
On the other hand, you dont need to fully calculate base3 when you vote. I created an app that does it for you.
This app implements the 3 steps for voting the numbers.
  1. You select (up to 19) numerical proposals of your choice (after creating them of course) and you choose the desired decimal range of the vote.
  2. A web page is created where you are beeing asked the decimal number you would like to vote (within the defined range). You can copy the url of that page and give it to the people that will participate to the vote.
  3. Depending on the granularity (how many base3 digits are available, means how many numerical proposals have been selected in the first step), whenever someone presses the "vote" button the app calculates what is the base3 number that better matches his decimal vote choice. So he casts that base3 number by using either his dashcore wallet, or Dashcentral/DMT/Crowdnode.
Play a little bit with it, and I am sure you will understand it.

Last edited:
No, I wont. I also unfortunately don't fully understand it. I will certainly mention that its something that the community want and if it becomes possible with the launch of Platform for example then I'll 100% cover it, but in its current form its a little to complex to be considered user friendly. I also feel that the best way for this to progress would be for you to put forward a proposal to make it an accepted standard. This means it would need a bit of documentation and visibility in the website and governance docs. After this has been achieved then I'd be more than happy to make a video explaining the process. currently I think I'd be pushing through a use interpretation thats not quite universally accepted or acknowledged by the community at large or understood by the MNOs.

I hope you accept my position, I do think its a very valid idea, I'm just not sure on the implementation. We certainly need more dynamic voting options. I think at the bare minimum it needs its own seperate video.

May I suggest that the goal of such a program would be as a Request for Proposal System?

I think if Dash had a mechanism/someone that was publicizing the needs of the network - the problems that need solving, we'd get much better proposals and in general the treasury would function better.

RFPs soliciting existing operators/firms to bring their services to the network would be a big win.
YESSSS! I very much agree this is needed. However thats a lot more work than I'm prepared to undertake. I'd argue that sort of endevour is best suited to the current BD team. But I doubt they are even watching the forums for suggestions like this. Would be good if they worked on a simpler method to put in proposals too because having to download the entire core wallet is a real drag!

No, I wont. I also unfortunately don't fully understand it. I will certainly mention that its something that the community want and if it becomes possible with the launch of Platform for example then I'll 100% cover it, but in its current form its a little to complex to be considered user friendly. I also feel that the best way for this to progress would be for you to put forward a proposal to make it an accepted standard. This means it would need a bit of documentation and visibility in the website and governance docs. After this has been achieved then I'd be more than happy to make a video explaining the process. currently I think I'd be pushing through a use interpretation thats not quite universally accepted or acknowledged by the community at large or understood by the MNOs.

I hope you accept my position, I do think its a very valid idea, I'm just not sure on the implementation. We certainly need more dynamic voting options. I think at the bare minimum it needs its own seperate video.

Your arguments seem rational, but you fail to consider that DCG consistently prohibits any number to be voted, since 7 years now. So dont hope that they will allow that in the platform.

The correct way is not to ask for a standard to be approved by DCG, neither to beg DCG for it, but to overcome the current standard that is imposed by the DCG (a standard that is intentionally designed in order to prohibit number voting).

Last edited:
Your arguments seem rational, but you fail to consider that DCG consistently prohibits any number to be voted, since 7 years now. So dont hope that they will allow that in the platform.

The correct way is not to ask for a standard to be approved by DCG, neither to beg DCG for it, but to overcome the current standard that is imposed by the DCG , a standard intentionally designed in order to prohibit number voting.
Yes, I'm not fully up to speed on the politics behind it. I'm just speaking from my own experience of trying to understand it and appreciating the need for it. I think that especially in Open Source software of DAOs that Standards are absolutely key, they unify our communication styles and allow us all to interpret each other correctly. I dont think DCG are in charge of something like this and if presented correctly and put forward to a vote, it would be honoured or respected if the vote passes. I dont believe such a vote would currently pass as theres not quite enough desire for it considering the rather steep learning curve. I do think we will have drastically different opportunities to create these sorts of voting mechanics when platform is launched and considering our proximity to that launch date, I wonder if you may be better served, creating or considering the voting dynamics on that side chain once launched? Is it better to try to shoehorn a solution in with the current tech or build something custom with the new tech? what do you reckon to that line of thought mate?

I do think we will have drastically different opportunities to create these sorts of voting mechanics when platform is launched and considering our proximity to that launch date, I wonder if you may be better served, creating or considering the voting dynamics on that side chain once launched? Is it better to try to shoehorn a solution in with the current tech or build something custom with the new tech? what do you reckon to that line of thought mate?

I believe that the Dash community needs to vote the numbers, and it needs it now. EVO platform may never arrive.

I dont trust DCG, they are lying to us about EVO 5 years now. Tendermint (the underlying tech) supports only about 200 nodes, (300 max) and @QuantumExplorer didnt even properly informed the community about that truth. Not only he didnt inform properly, but someone who is suspicious may claim that he tried to cover that truth by creating the stupid HPMN concept, in order to force the Dash network (4500 nodes) to match to the 300 nodes specification of Tendermint. The underlying goal? To reduce the number of Dash nodes in order to control the Dash network even better.

EVO seems to evolve to a centralized scam. I am not against it neccessarily, I appreciate their efford to solve a difficult problem, but they have to separate from the core team, and run their EVO buisness standalone in the free market.

Last edited:
Here is what I think about EVO.

1) Dashplatform should be launched initially by the discovered individualities of mnowatch.org , one node each. <--real decentralization, incentivizes the increase of the voters
2) Let the DashPlatform launch standalone in the free market, without asking any masternode rewards. <--NO to a Dashplatform fed by MN rewards, this is statism.
3) Offer Dashplatform shares to all the masternodes, allowing them to be paid in case the Dashplatform becomes profitable in the free market. <-- unify the dash community, in contrast to the "divide and conquer" method of DCG

Additionaly/Alternatively the individualities could be discovered if we implement a proof of Personhood.

So fuck EVO, and vote the numbers for the real (r)evolution to arrive. #13

Last edited:
Why is vote the numbers preferential to other possible upgrades to the DAO enabled by platform or by dash funded orgs?
Why dont you cast a "vote the numbers" question about it, to watch the answers?

Question: What is the preferential possible upgrade?
1) the DAO enabled by platform
2) Dash funded orgs
3) vote the numbers
Please vote: (a number from 1 to 3)

P.S. Stupidity is the biggest force of the universe. Democracy is for rational beings, not for AI monkeys.

Last edited:
Why dont you cast a "vote the numbers" question about it, to watch the answers?

P.S. Stupidity is the biggest force of the universe. Democracy is for rational beings, not for AI monkeys.
I'll tell you what, because I really like you, and your energy, and your against the grain ideology, I'll make a seperate one. A totally different video Purely on how to create a by the numbers proposal. I won't include it with these videos, and between myself and yourself we'll decide on whats the best thing to do with the video, where to host it etc. OK?

I'll tell you what, because I really like you, and your energy, and your against the grain ideology, I'll make a seperate one. A totally different video Purely on how to create a by the numbers proposal. I won't include it with these videos, and between myself and yourself we'll decide on whats the best thing to do with the video, where to host it etc. OK?
You can do it, provided that you will not mention my name at all.

Just mention how the app works and the site (mnowatch).

Thanks for the help!

?? Alright mate, never mind. I tried.
What do you mean? I really want you to create the video. I just dont want you to mention myself in this video.

Just describe and explain the functionalities of voting the numbers, and where someone can find them (mnowatch).

Where is the problem on that? Why you must mention me?

Back