• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

• Total voters
Do you propose the collateral should vary based on distance to others?
I have not concluded about it yet.

If the basic income is the same everywhere, this will attract residents from the poor countries.
If the basic income varies among local communities and is proportional to the purchasing power of the people, this will preserve the inequality.

So, as always, the best is somewhere in between.
And, as always, lets vote the numbers about it.

I suppose in an ideal world, the largest dispersed network would be based on:

1. distance between nodes
2. uptime; more frequent churn might indicate takedowns requiring greater incentives
3. variety of hosting providers; assuming the hosting provider can be identified.

I can not think of one reason why poorer countries / regions should be given more favor. Poor is relative, even the poorest countries have a wealthy elite.

I suppose in an ideal world, the largest dispersed network would be based on:

1. distance between nodes
2. uptime; more frequent churn might indicate takedowns requiring greater incentives
3. variety of hosting providers; assuming the hosting provider can be identified.

I can not think of one reason why poorer countries / regions should be given more favor. Poor is relative, even the poorest countries have a wealthy elite.

Are you talking about the web of trust of individuals, or the web of trust of assemblies? A web of trust of individuals has already been implemented by duniter and ucoin community, and the encointer community tries to copy it. But I am a proponent of a web of trust of assemblies, read my messages at the end of the thread in the encointer forum.

On what it concerns the Basic income, if we give exactly the same basic income everywhere, the poor countries residents will have the incentives to join, while the rich countries residents will not. I argue that the basic income should be proportional to the purchase power of the country, so that the rich countries residents will also be incentivized to join the encointer community. So we have to decide/calculate/vote the correct basic income that should be given to the encointer members, based on the average local price of food, energy, sheltering etc of every country (or area).

Last edited:
This is how the main page of the numerical proposal for encointer community will look like.

Any suggestions for improvements?

The text of the proposal:

Every cryptocurrency, after having a burst due to early adopters, it slowly declines because the new generations have no incentives to join it. The basic income is a smart method to fix the injustices of the coin emission curve and to incentivize late adopters to join a cryptocurrency and thus keep the coin alive. But in order to give a basic income a strong proof of personhood is required. The Encointer community implements a unique proof of personhood mechanism that combines strong identification and anonymity. In this proposal the masternodes invite the Encointer community to join the Dash community. The Encointer communities are mainly local communities and are using local cryptocurrencies, but they also need a universal currency for their international exchanges. By offering them a basic income paid in Dash in their Dash addresses (all Encointer members are required to open Dash addresses in order to get their Dash basic income) we make the Encointer members also Dash members and we incentivize them to use the Dash crypto as their medium of their international exchanges. Dash becomes that way an early adopter as the universal coin that will be used by the Encointer community. Any Dash member is free to participate to any Encointer meeting and thus examine their procedures. We strongly recommend the masternodes to participate at least once in any local Encointer meeting, in order to receive their basic income and find out that their vote is not in vain.

This proposal will remain in the budget for 24 months, asking for a basic income every month. Depending on the masternodes' participation in this numerical vote, a monthly yes/no proposal may be added at the next budget cycle, asking for the average of all the numerical votes of the previous month to be paid as basic income. You can change your numerical vote at any time during these 24 months, in order for it to better adapt to the growth of the Encointer community.

How many Dash would you like to be offered the next month as Basic Income for the entire Encointer community ? (a vote from 0 Dash to 242 Dash)
The (decimal) number I would like to vote is:

Last edited:
Last edited:
New amazing protocol, by the encointer developers.

BEEDANCE: A NEW MORE SECURE AND FLEXIBLE ENCOINTER WAY TO PROVE ATTENDANCE

"I support Encointer. I have had to opportunity to test and use it in Zurich with the local community version (Leu community). I participated in several key signing ceremonies and I also received the local currency Leu. I utilised Leu to buy coffee at Spheres (local coffee shop) and to buy pizzoccheri pasta at a local grocery shop (Berg & Tal).
From first handy experience, I have found the project surprisingly appealing for the following reasons:
-- It is a very smart way of combining UBI, local economy, local currency and proof of personhood.
-- Leu/encointer actually works in real life: real users, real use case in the real world (I was able to actually buy something with this UBI in a real brick and mortar shop).
-- Whenever I talked with other participants in the leu community at the key signing ceremonies, I was surprised: I found that most of them were non crypto natives. Some did not even knew about the blockchain background of the project. they were regular people using a blockchain product. I have even got to know a retired lady, probably well into her seventies, who was deeply involved with Leu. I found that refreshing and very unique in the blockchain space."

I strongly recommend the Dash masternodes to participate at least once in any local Encointer meeting, in order to receive their basic income and find out that their vote is not in vain. I also recommend the same to the polkadot validators (masternodes), who seem to have a similar to the Dash masternodes negative behavior to the Encointer project.

Lets forgive the stupidity of the Dash masternodes and Polkadot validators, they just dont understand what they are rejecting ......

Last edited:
An ancient ProofOfPersonhood (PoP) method that respected anonymity.

Perischoinisma

Perischoinisma relies on the strict concurrent meetings that occur into a town, and on the unanimous testimony of all the attendies that nobody enters inside a fenced area when the voting procedure already started, and nobody leaves this fenced area until the voting procedure ends. Several fenced areas could be allocated in specific points into a town. In addition to the unanimous testimony, the rope demarcating the fenced area was also said to be covered in fresh paint, so whoever tried to enter or leave the perischoinisma area was marked, and thus was not accepted to another nearby perischoinisma area.

Perischoinisma could be translated as “rope’s periphery” from peri(phery) and schoini(σχοινί)=rope. Perischoinisma has already been succesfully implemented in ancient Athenian direct democracy. Ruins of a perischoinisma area is preserved until nowdays.

Google translate from the spanish text.

With this scant information, not much could be expected from the archaeological remains. In the 70s, to the north of the agora, a series of holes were discovered in the ground, arranged in order; it was thought that they could have served as a light barrier that formed the entrance to the agora. The stratigraphy allowed establishing the dating in the first half of the century V BC A line of five bases, more or less square, of limestone also appeared. 47 cm on each side and 38 cm deep, separated from each other by a space of 1.85 m. A smaller hole could be seen in the center into which they could have been inserted. wooden poles to support a light structure. These bases, which date from around the year 450, were initially interpreted as elements of the starting line of a racetrack, an aphesis such as those of Priene, Corinthos or Epidaurus (Valavanis, 1999).
Connecting it with the 10 tribes, ten spaces were restored. An Italian archaeologist, Enzo Lippolis, in the year 2000, sensed that it could be part of perischoinisma and raised the hypothesis of the existence of a zone to the north of the agora destined to the operations of vote in the fifth century. Excavations carried out between 2011 and 2013 have uncovered other bases of the same category, this time delimiting a rectangle of 12 m x 15 m. He can now more precisely date this device, which would date back to the years 475-450 and that it probably stopped being used around 430-420 (Agora reports 2012 & 2013). E. Lipollis reiterates in a recent study (Lipollis, in press) his hypothesis favorable to identification of perischoinisma, although I don’t think it can be said with total certainty.
The 180 m2 space is too small to accommodate all the magistrates who directed the ostracism operations, the archons and according to Filocoro, the Council, which would be rather the pritans, who would already be quite numerous; and this taking for granted that they did not fit into the once the 6,000 citizens of the quorum to validate the process. You should also store the containers to deposit the ostraka. It could be a place of transition that does not correspond, however, to the imperatives of the organization of the civic body in ten tribes, since only 9 entries can be restored among the 10 posts (López-Rabatel, in press-a)

Obviously 6000 persons do not fit to a 180 m2 rectangle. But what if many Perischoinisma existed, each one in every neighborhood, and the procedure was concurrent? In that case it makes sense, the perischoinisma method both scales and prevents for someone to participate in two or more meetings. (and this is an hypothesis, an extended hypothesis of E. Lippolis’s one, that more perischoinisma ruins could be discovered).

So Perischoinisma could be used as an alternative/supplementary method for the encointer community.

Last edited:
I would like to thank all the 249 masternodes and crowdnodes that participated to the EncointerUBI numerical vote.

CURRENT RESULTS https://mnowatch.org/encointerUBI/results.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electorate = 4030 potential votes (Regular and Evo MNOs)
ValidVotes = 249
Voting participation = 6.17 %

VOTING RESULTS
mostVotedNumber = 0 (or 000 base3) was voted by 175 votes ( 70.28 % of the valid votes )
medianAverage = 0 (or 000 base3)
meanAverage = 4.95 . Multiply 4.95 to the chunk 9.3(=242/26) to discover the decided number.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The number of votes that are currently required for a proposal to pass is 361. WE NEED ANOTHER 361-249=112 VOTES in order for the Encointer numerical proposals to have the legitimate 10% participation that is required by the dash protocol. (will we ever vote the numbers about this 10% hardcoded number?). So whoever didnt vote yet in the EncointerUBI proposals, please do it.

When the participation reaches 361 votes, I will cast a new proposal in the budget asking the mnos and the crowd what is the preferred method they would like to be used, in order to extract a result from the encointerUBI numerical proposals.

THE_QUESTION: What method would you like to be used in order to extract a result from the encointerUBI numerical proposal?

1)
Would you like the "Mean average", the most inclusive method where all votes are calculated? Then vote yes.
This will result the encointerUBI proposal to receive 4.95X9,3=46 dash this month. The amount will be equaly distributed to the currently 77 proven individuals of the Zurich/Swiss dash-encointer community, to the currently 4 proven individuals of the Greenbay/USA dash-encointer community and also to whatever new dash-encointer community may emerge in the meantime.

2) Would you like the "Median average", a method introduced by Pietro Speroni? Then vote abstain.
This will result the encointerUBI proposal to receive 0 dash this month.

3) Are you a proponent of the tyranny of the majority (50%+1), a method introduced in the ancient Athenian Direct Democracy? Then vote no.

4) Do not answer the question at all, if you are a proponent of a time spliting rule, where all numbers are valid numbers in the appropriate time window (ex. in case 70% of the voters voted 0 and 30% of the voters voted 26, we create a time window, lets say 10 years, and for the first 7 years the 0 number is applied, then for the next 3 years the 26 number is applied). Do not also answer to the question at all, if you are a proponent of an alternative method not mentioned OR in case you believe that the numbers should not be voted but should be decided by an authority/god.

Last edited:
THE ENCOINTER VOTE LASTS 24 MONTHS.
PLEASE VOTE IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, FOR THE VOTE TO REACH
10% PARTICIPATION.
AND REMEMBER TO CHANGE YOUR VOTE IF CONDITIONS CHANGE.

In short, we have 4 ideas at stake with this vote:

1. Ability of the MNOs to vote numbers
  2. Proof of Personhood for the Dash community combined with anonymity
  3. Basic Income for the Dash and the Encointer community
  4. Incentivize the Dash members to meet eachother in real life, in regular intervals.

If you are a proponent of at least one of the above ideas, then you should participate to the vote (regardless what vote you will cast).

Last edited:
THE_QUESTION: What method would you like to be used in order to extract a result from the encointerUBI numerical proposal?
I decided to slightly change the question that will be posted in the budget, provided of course that we reach 10% participation. So here you are:

QUESTION: What method would you like to be used in order to extract a numerical result from the encointerUBI numerical proposal?

OPTION 1)
Do not answer the above question at all (just ignore this budget proposal as if it was never published), in case you believe that the inquestioned number should not be voted but should be decided by an authority/god. Please describe the authority/god in the comments below.
  • If this option is selected this will result the encointerUBI proposal to receive 0 dash this month.

OPTION 2) Vote NO if you think that the tyranny of the majority "50%+1" should be applied. This percentage based method has been introduced in the ancient Athenian Direct Democracy and claims that it is fair the 50%+1 of the population to rule the 50%-1 of the population, for 100% of the time. You may also vote NO if you agree with any other method based on any percentage (for example plurality voting, strong majority 65%, supermajority 75% e.t.c or even unanimity 100%) or whatever percentage method currently results in 0 (zero) Dash to be paid for the EncointerUBI proposal. The maximum percentage threshold that is considered rational depends on the "mostVotedNumber" field of the results, which currently is decided to be the 66.66% of the valid votes.
  • If this option is voted this will result the encointerUBI proposal to receive 0 dash this month.

OPTION 3) Vote ABSTAIN if you like the "Median average" (a method introduced by Pietro Speroni). Also vote ABSTAIN if you are a proponent of an alternative method not mentioned as an option in this poll (including the request to increase or decreace the voting range from 0-242 to something else) and please describe your alternative poll option in the comments below.
  • If this option is voted this will result the encointerUBI proposal to receive 0 dash this month.

OPTION 4) Vote YES if you like the "Mean average", the most inclusive method where ALL the votes are calculated into the final outcome. Also vote YES if you are a proponent of the time splitting rule, where all numbers are considered as valid numbers in the appropriate time window (for example: in case 70% of the voters voted 0 and 30% of the voters voted 26, we create a time window less equal than the human life time, lets say 10 years, and for the first 7 years the 0 number is applied, then for the next 3 years the 26 number is applied) (Note: I decided to incude both the mean average and the time splitting rule in the yes vote, because, based on the current voting outcome, both will result some amount to be paid for the Encointer community. But as long as the time splitting rule is not coded yet, I request the amount by taking into account the mean average which I assume is the most popular among the two. )

"Look at Hecate, standing guard at the crossroads, one face looking in each direction." - Ovid

174px-Hecate_Chiaramonti_Inv1922.jpg
Hecate%2C_Greek_goddess_of_the_crossroads_by_St%C3%A9phane_Mallarm%C3%A9.jpg

Last edited:

Amazing news! A DEX will be soon available for all the Encointer members!

brenzi@Encointer said:
We currently have a master student working on this topic with promising results. stay tuned! We will publish his report in a couple of weeks

Please cast your vote to the Encointer proposal, for this proposal to reach 10% participation, and thus it will be legitimate to add a new proposal to the budget, asking for the merging of the Dash community with the Encointer community.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
NYOTA (NYT), a community inclusion currency for Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, is planned to launch on the Encointer mainnet this September. Welcome NYOTA to the Encointer family!

I hope that NYOTA will join the Dash community too, but this depends on whether the Dash community will be smart enough to invite it.

Vote for EncointerUBI. If the proposal reaches 10% participation, a hope will arise. We may succeed to give a Basic Income to the Encointer NYOTA members (along with all the rest Encointer communities) , and at the same time make Dash a real currency.

Last edited:
Let me remind the fellow voters of the Encointer proposal, that this proposal is not a "vote once then forget it for ever" proposal. You should regularly check the population of Encointer community, and fix your vote depending on whether the population increases or decreases.

Soon I will code a tool that will change your vote automatically, depending on the personal rules you have set.

Watch the population of the Encointer community here:

<encointer population>
Community ID: u0qj944rhWE
Reputables in u0qj944rhWE (unique accounts with at least one attendance) 69
Community ID: dpcmj33LUs9

Reputables in dpcmj33LUs9 (unique accounts with at least one attendance) 4
</encointer population>

Dont forget, we have to reach 10% participation for the proposal to be eligible, so please vote if you have not do it yet.

Last edited:
NYOTA (NYT), a community inclusion currency for Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, is planned to launch on the Encointer mainnet this September. Welcome NYOTA to the Encointer family! I hope that NYOTA will join the Dash community too, but this depends on whether the Dash community will be smart enough to invite it. Vote for EncointerUBI. If the proposal reaches 10% participation, a hope will arise. We may succeed to give a Basic Income to the Encointer NYOTA members (along with all the rest Encointer communities) , and at the same time make Dash a real currency.

The first ceremony of NYOTA-Encointer will occur outside the Barafu Primary School.
If you are nearby, join!

Last edited:
Back