First a request, then some questions...
The Dash Nation chat on discord is The community interface. A significant chunk of the core group is not interactive at all. I would request that all team members, top-to-bottom, endeavor to have a presence there. I'm not suggesting that people sit on chat all day. But ... become a part of Dash.
1. As Evolution rolls out, can you talk about how the security of the code base is going to be vetted? Besides opening it up? Can we see designs and such at some point for how usernames, passwords, emails (user metadata) are handled and secured? And then how it's implemented beyond the design? Maybe some of this is out there. If so, I haven't seen it.
2. The decentralized storage: We're using something like IPFS right? I can't recall. Until all this solidifies do we have some plans for a heartbeat of snapshots in case something catastrophic happens in the first month or six of evolution being in existence? I guess the real question is:
Can you talk about disaster planning and recover surrounding how evolution storage and user data is being stored. Maybe this would be great for a separate call.
3. Can we have a separate engineering quarterly? Demos. Discussion about design and implementation. Proposed UX and feedback. Etc. etc. Right now stuff is being implemented... but there is no feedback loop. Very top-down... which usually ends up delivering something that is 18-degrees askew of what is really needed. Call it demo-day or some such.
4. Demo? Can we see a demo on these quarterly calls? Especially until #3 is in motion?
5. Evolution built-in gateways: We still live in a world of fiat. Is there any thought about partnering with one of the major exchanges to work on some workflow in and out of fiat with evolution being in the middle.
6. Building out the engineering team: The Evolution team is probably the right size at this point. But, other teams are likely needed: Integration team (help with stitching together services with the outside world (see #5 above)); mobile, desktop, web team; crypto-security-analysts, merchant tools team, sales engineering, etc. Maybe it would be good to move some of these outside of Core Group. The challenge: Dash Corp Group is already challenged with engaging with the community, it will be possibly even more challenging to work with outside entities.
7. Fees: Not really important for this call and not really a "Dash Core Group" question per ce, but Dash volatility means that InstantSend fees are volatile as well, and right now, a little heavier than they need to be. I feel like we have to ensure that Dash's fees are attractive in order to keep Dash in the point-of-sale game (if you like, read my article here). I would like folks' thoughts on how we can better manage these fees over time as Dash pricing relative to what the mainstream world is pegged to, zooms up and down.
8. We have drifted from the DIPs process for improvements to Dash Core -- https://github.com/dashpay/dips
-- Is this something that needs to be talked about? I suppose we are doing just fine the way things are moving right now, but... Yeah, maybe we should talk about this.
9. Comment. The dash-docs (developer docs) site -- https://dash-docs.github.io/
-- is *outstanding*. I will reach out to thephez/strophy in how one can contribute and file issues to that (it's not obvious), but... kudos. This is a big deal.
10. Alt36 -- Perhaps we fund market vertical teams of some sort? This would be in Brad's camp. But, the Cannibis Industry, the Energy sector... we are starting to get traction in verticals that are pretty particular. Any thoughts on this?
That's it for now. Thank you. See y'all on the call.