• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash "stock split"

halso...
Experiments with those we compete directly with ?
...interesting...
How would you envision that process ?
rc

Competing can be costly and time consuming. If a Western Union or Moneygram knocked on our door 2mw and said:

'hey, i've got hundreds of millions of customers and thousands of locations, can i have a customised portal into evolution for my customers?'

What would you say?

Competing can be costly and time consuming. If a Western Union or Moneygram knocked on our door 2mw and said:

'hey, i've got hundreds of millions of customers and thousands of locations, can i have a customised portal into evolution for my customers?'

What would you say?

I would say, " Thank You ! What a wonderful opportunity ! Are you willing to provide your remittance service at the fee ED has described ? "
AFAIK, there is nothing preventing anyone from making use of DASH, at this present time !
...By golly ... They might be using DASH already !

Best
rc

I would say, " Thank You ! What a wonderful opportunity ! Are you willing to provide your remittance service at the fee ED has described ? "
AFAIK, there is nothing preventing anyone from making use of DASH, at this present time !
...By golly ... They might be using DASH already !

Best
rc
Why would u prescribe a fee? that would be a business decision for them.

First off, I love you camo, and I knew you'd absolutely hate this idea! LOL. Still I felt I had to bring it up and get a discussion going. I'll continue arguing for this "stock split" idea, but please don't take it personally. You can call it out as you see it and I won't take it personally either :D

It doesn't even apply. Price tags on products are still stated in fiat values. The amount of DASH is dynamically converted, you send it, most people don't even question it. It's just a random number they skip right over anyway. Did you make a note of exactly how many fractions of a gallon of gas you put in your car, even though it costs a lot more than a dollar? This just isn't important.

Here is one of the problems exactly. It's tough to know if you're getting a fair exchange rate from the seller. Why should you as a customer trust the seller's exchange rate? Aside from this stock split proposal, this issue might be solvable via the wallet, showing the equivalent exchange rate and the average going rate. That way the customer knows they're not being cheated :)

And I can't argue with you on the fact that retail adoption is the most important goal we can have.

Anyway, I'm glad you all came and participated in this discussion. I honestly think it would make a difference, but would it be worth the trouble and the troll onslaught? That I honestly don't know :)

Why would u prescribe a fee? that would be a business decision for them.

:)
My friend, Nothing is free in Waterworld !

It requires a substantial payment to utility companies to operate a piece of computer equipment 24/7/365, not to mention the ISP and inevitable equipment excursions.
There would be a business decision for everyone concerned, would there not ?

Best
rc

:)
My friend, Nothing is free in Waterworld !

It requires a substantial payment to utility companies to operate a piece of computer equipment 24/7/365, not to mention the ISP and inevitable equipment excursions.
There would be a business decision for everyone concerned, would there not ?

Best
rc
Not if they drive up the price of dash.

Not if they drive up the price of dash.

It would seem to me that when something is 'driven' it is because of an artificial influence.
...which may very well collapse...

I see no reason for the 'remittance companies' to exist much longer, as crypto transfer comes of age.
DASH, in particular, is quite efficient, for anyone with cell phone service.

Best
rc

It would seem to me that when something is 'driven' it is because of an artificial influence.
...which may very well collapse...

I see no reason for the 'remittance companies' to exist much longer, as crypto transfer comes of age.
DASH, in particular, is quite efficient, for anyone with cell phone service.

Best
rc

They may still have a place for many years to come as the immigrant population get paid via fiat cash, with no ability to bank and have to send that cash back home. How do they buy crypto? Sure, maybe some day there will be ATMs etc... but probably not where their families live for a long long time. Hopefully I'm wrong and those will be the first people to fully use crypto, and it won't have to be changed into fiat on the other end again??

They may still have a place for many years to come as the immigrant population get paid via fiat cash, with no ability to bank and have to send that cash back home. How do they buy crypto? Sure, maybe some day there will be ATMs etc... but probably not where their families live for a long long time. Hopefully I'm wrong and those will be the first people to fully use crypto, and it won't have to be changed into fiat on the other end again??

Actually, I have no idea where a WU office is... Almost every person I speak with has a cell phone.
Only 1 member in a group of workers would need a mobile wallet to deal with transactions...
As we get off the beaten path, into smaller villages and pueblos, there will most likely be no WU or especially a bank.
P2P would serve small communities well, as it would for global transfers.

Could you tell I'm actually pretty excited about the possibilities offered by DASH !!!

Best
rc

This is an excellent idea. We just basically stop using DASH as the main unit and use DeciDash instead. 65 million of them. Update the wallet to show decidash.

Being worth 70cents instead of 7 dollars would be great. Probably would instantly be pumped to $2 (old $20) just on people liking the idea. Excellent idea. Takes 10,000 decidash to have a MN. Simple. Awesome idea.

First off, I love you camo, and I knew you'd absolutely hate this idea! LOL. Still I felt I had to bring it up and get a discussion going. I'll continue arguing for this "stock split" idea, but please don't take it personally. You can call it out as you see it and I won't take it personally either :D

Here is one of the problems exactly. It's tough to know if you're getting a fair exchange rate from the seller. Why should you as a customer trust the seller's exchange rate? Aside from this stock split proposal, this issue might be solvable via the wallet, showing the equivalent exchange rate and the average going rate. That way the customer knows they're not being cheated :)

And I can't argue with you on the fact that retail adoption is the most important goal we can have.

Anyway, I'm glad you all came and participated in this discussion. I honestly think it would make a difference, but would it be worth the trouble and the troll onslaught? That I honestly don't know :)
It will result in nothing but trolling in exchange for a pretend benefit.

If customers want to know if the exchange rate is good or acceptable, that info should be part of the transaction. Screen shows qr, dash amount, dollar amount, exchange rate. If you don't consent, don't. Same as a cashier showing you the total before you swipe your debit card. You're agreeing to the terms of the transaction as displayed. If you think the rate is bogus, bye bye!

Not hard. Not new.

Dude, thats what grandma said!

Isn't one of the primary uses of Evolution to make crypto easier to use?

AFAIK, Evolution does not touch the underlying stable, predictable, visible, reliable, un-gameable etc. monetary layer. Instead, front-end software talks to the network through the DAPI, so in theory you can run whatever interface with whatever features you want, denominate and call it whatever you want, with user names and other "human-readable" clickable rainbows (lonecrouton style) for sending/receiving money. Complete segregation from the complex base-layer that is actually doing the heavy lifting behind the scenes. Ideas like these should be part of the long-term Evolution discussion, IMO. Don't mess around with something that's not broken, and is the stable investment that other systems rely on.

If customers want to know if the exchange rate is good or acceptable, that info should be part of the transaction. Screen shows qr, dash amount, dollar amount, exchange rate. If you don't consent, don't. Same as a cashier showing you the total before you swipe your debit card. You're agreeing to the terms of the transaction as displayed. If you think the rate is bogus, bye bye!

Agreed. I am very much opposed to the idea of doing a "stock split" -- if people don't like low decimals then vendors will start displaying a different denomination on their own, like mBTC.
I do think it would be a good thing though for wallets or other transaction software, to have the option to display equivalent values in whichever currency the user prefers to see that in addition to or in place of the DASH values.

Oh look, another coin has displaced Dash. And what do you know, it has 80 million currency units. Like usual, my predictions are dead on. Pretty soon dash will be #30th coin. Not due to interest, but due to psychology of currencies with large number of units.

Looking at the top 10 coins (other than dash) every single coin is either 45 million units or higher or the first coin ever created.

Dash is not the first coin ever created (that is bitcoin), so there is no way it can compete against coins with millions of units.

It is great that Dash will choose to ignore the necessity to have more units in order to be competitive. Its downward trend to obscurity will be interesting to watch.

Oh, whadayaknow? I was using this "other coin" at the gas station and wal mart just now... Manipulating market cap with fraudulent liquidity totally works!

Considering that nearly every one of these coins also has more liquidity / volume than Dash I would say that YES it does work. The most important value of an asset besides its volatility is its liquidity.

Considering that nearly every one of these coins also has more liquidity / volume than Dash I would say that YES it does work. The most important value of an asset besides its volatility is its liquidity.

u can not compare that
dash has the masternodes - all others are pure trading coins

As said above, there must indeed be great value in a coin that is designed for utility purpose, as opposed to a market trading venture.

I shall need to go long on DASH.
It only seems reasonable.

I do enjoy day trading.
There are any number of coins to play with that seem to have wide market volatility.
BTC, well, the dragon controls that.

YMMV
rc

The concept of ponzi trading in crypto grows out of the fact that it's not good for anything else.

Dash is good for a lot of else.

But the ponzi heads can't fathom it. They want Dash to be more ponzi?

That's not what Dash is for. Dash is for fulfilling the promises that BitClones can't. Not being yet another useless abbreviation to be Ouija Boarded by ponzi-mentality losers.

This thread is an embarrassment to Dash. Kill it with fire.

Don't make him repeat himself:
There are shiloads of shitcoins with shitloads of supply and shitloads of decimal points in the wrong place. We could just run on duffs and forget the decimal point... Whatever man...

Last edited:
Back