• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dashman - linux masternode mangement made mootastic

@gandalf ~]# time curl -s https://www.dashwhale.org/api/v1/public

real 0m0.688s
user 0m0.035s
sys 0m0.061s
@gandalf ~]# cd /xxxx/dashman

I don't need the dashwhale stuff working..... I don't think anyway. :)

there's your problem. Try to figure out why you can't pull that url from that server.
Open it in your browser to see what's supposed to come back.

--
no, you don't need it, but you'll have to put up with error messages until you figure out whats up there.

see if running curl without the -s (silent) switch shows you an error message hinting at what's going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
there's your problem. Try to figure out why you can't pull that url from that server.
Open it in your browser to see what's supposed to come back.

--
no, you don't need it, but you'll have to put up with error messages until you figure out whats up there.

see if running curl without the -s (silent) switch shows you an error message hinting at what's going on.
@gandalf ~]# time curl https://www.dashwhale.org/api/v1/public
curl: (60) Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates
More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

I'll look into updating the certs.

Thanks again

dashman v0.1.13 released

- added polish translation! (thanks tombtc!)
- fail gracefully when dashninja api is down

This is a significant update, and now requires bash version 4 (which most people already have)

PLEASE let me know if you run into trouble and I'll push a hotfix. [email protected]

Also, if anybody wants to contribute translations, let me know or submit a pull request!

dashman v0.1.13 released

- added polish translation! (thanks tombtc!)
- fail gracefully when dashninja api is down

This is a significant update, and now requires bash version 4 (which most people already have)

PLEASE let me know if you run into trouble and I'll push a hotfix. [email protected]

Also, if anybody wants to contribute translations, let me know or submit a pull request!

What is the proper procedure for updating the script?

I'm trying to do a fresh install, but I want to use udjin's bootstrap to save download time. I noticed that dashman starts dashd immediately after installing, so before running ./dashman install, I created a .dash folder and put just the bootstrap.dat in there.

The problem is "./dashman install" doesn't work because a .dash folder already exists, and "./dashman reinstall" fails because there are no previous dashd/dash-cli files there. Do you have a way to force one of these commands? Thanks!

I'm trying to do a fresh install, but I want to use udjin's bootstrap to save download time. I noticed that dashman starts dashd immediately after installing, so before running ./dashman install, I created a .dash folder and put just the bootstrap.dat in there.

The problem is "./dashman install" doesn't work because a .dash folder already exists, and "./dashman reinstall" fails because there are no previous dashd/dash-cli files there. Do you have a way to force one of these commands? Thanks!

Just delete or rename the .dash folder, do 'dashman install' then stop dashd and move the bootstrap file into the folder per instructions then do 'dashman restart'

I think dashd just processes the file if it's in place, but I've not used the bootstrap myself so I'm fuzzy on the details.

Wow, thanks for the lightning-fast reply! That sounds like a fine solution. You're already spoiling me with all this automatic stuff, I totally forgot I could manually stop the daemon.

In hindsight, it looks like the bootstrap is making much less difference now than in my previous experience with it. I think it's a moot point. Thanks for helping me out though!

Wow, thanks for the lightning-fast reply! That sounds like a fine solution. You're already spoiling me with all this automatic stuff, I totally forgot I could manually stop the daemon.

In hindsight, it looks like the bootstrap is making much less difference now than in my previous experience with it. I think it's a moot point. Thanks for helping me out though!

You're welcome.

Glad to hear it. Is why I built it. Now everyone can enjoy my laziness!

For masternode.me I just spin them up ahead of time and keep a pool ready for the next signup.
For other needs I copy (rsync) the blocks and chainstate directories from other (stopped) instances.
I haven't timed (or had to wait for) a sync in ages.

dashvote version 0.0.3 released
  • added current yes/no vote counts
  • added voter turnout percentage
  • added proposal passing/failing colorizing
  • added previous vote detection/display
  • added vim navigation binding
  • added loading screen

do 'dashman sync vote' to pull in this update and cast your votes!

or, if you don't have dashman yet: (what have you been waiting for?!)

Code:
sudo apt-get install git curl netcat6
git clone https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman.git
dashman/dashman vote

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like those numbers -

uh - lol - can you make them into columns?? :-D

edit: BASF it

Dashman 0.1.14/Dashvote 0.0.5 released

https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman/

• added git checkout info to version header
  • added few more lines in polish
  • bugfix - ip-lookup failover to http if https fails (older distro cert issue)
  • bugfix - support symlink invocation
  • dashvote - added git checkout info to version header
  • dashvote - added loading screen, previous vote detection, vim navigation binding
  • dashvote - added vote-counts, turnout percentage
  • dashvote - bugfix - use alias for vote display - added threshold coloring, sort vote display by block start
  • dashvote - align count/percentage columns
  • dashvote - display vote hash during voting
  • dashvote - ignore unmapped keystrokes

to install:
Code:
git clone https://github.com/moocowmoo/dashman.git
#then run
dashman/dashman
#for help

dashman vote

dashman status

contact me here, by email, or github if you have any problems/suggestions: [email protected]

Looking good....

Just noticed that there is a rolling internet outage in my area - so far not affected here but I'm only about 24 hours away from MN payout.
See if your "setup" over-comes any "drop-outs"...... nail biting lol - so far so good :-D

edit for spelling

Running very stable now for the past 12 days - looking good

Every node that I setup from scratch with dashman a few weeks ago is suddenly gone from the MN network today, I had to issue a start-missing. :sad:

Could this have anything to do with dashman being recently updated? When I logged into the VPS dashd was running fine, but dash-cli masternode status showed the "not activated hot node" message, and when I tried dashman status it asked me to update dashman (which i did by pressing "y"), and showed
Code:
asternode started         : NO
  masternode visible (local) : NO
  masternode visible (ninja) : NO
  masternode address         :
  masternode funding txn     : -
  masternode queue/count     : 0/0
  masternode last payment    : never
  masternode balance         : 0

I know it must be user error on my part somehow, but I'm just trying to troubleshoot to make sure this does not happen again (missed payments suck). I used dashman fully to setup these nodes, and the only thing i changed was the dash.conf later on to add in my masternodeprivkey and lock the dash.conf to read-only and then dashman restart. None of my other nodes which were setup without dashman on the same VPS provider and same location went down.

Any ideas would be helpful. TIA

Every node that I setup from scratch with dashman a few weeks ago is suddenly gone from the MN network today, I had to issue a start-missing. :sad:

Could this have anything to do with dashman being recently updated?

Sorry to hear that.

No. The recent updates were mostly in the voting code.

I know it must be user error on my part somehow, but I'm just trying to troubleshoot to make sure this does not happen again (missed payments suck). I used dashman fully to setup these nodes, and the only thing i changed was the dash.conf later on to add in my masternodeprivkey and lock the dash.conf to read-only and then dashman restart. None of my other nodes which were setup without dashman on the same VPS provider and same location went down.

Any ideas would be helpful. TIA

If your nodes were online long enough to receive payments, you did everything right.

I can't think of anything helpful.
Dashman doesn't do anything fancy or non-standard when installing or upgrading.
It's a simple download, unpack, start.
And the conf files it builds run all my nodes with no issues for over a year now.

Sounds like your provider did something. Did you check the host uptimes?

Back