• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Evolution official announcement next January in Miami!

I am also very happy that we will be making an appearance at this event, I might actually drop in and see it live.

But as an investor, I am concerned that we are not being given enough information to make rational choices regarding new or existing investments in Dash.

Makes sense no?

Pablo.

I don't understand this. You "can't make rational choices" because you don't know exactly what Evan is going to unveil in the next few months? As another poster said, do you feel the need to know what Apple or Microsoft are going to do six months in advance?

Interesting point you raise here, what if we all voted against development of Evolution right now and voted gaining more end users/awarenesss and providing more liquidity to the market? Dont masternode owners get to direct how the funding for dev time is spent?

Nope, we do not.

Masternode owners have two choices regarding the development and implementation of future versions of Dash:
a) We can chose to fund or not to fund a certain project.
b) We can chose to update or not to update when the new version is released. If enough miners join the non-updaters in not updating, then the new version will fail.

As a masternode owner, you get to choose whether to fund the core team. You don't get to chose what the core team works on. If the network chooses not to fund the core team, then I have no doubt that they will continue to work, regardless of the pittance that they do or don't get from the network. (The budgeting system pays our developers for about 5% of the value of their time. It's more of a token recognition than actual compensation.)

As far as letting all the Foundation members or masternode owners know everything--that's dumb. If more than a handful of people know a secret, it's not a secret. Do you people just have an overwhelming desire to see your investment fail? This is monumental news--we are presenting at one of the most important FinTech conferences in the WORLD--and all anybody wants to talk about is "secretz r bad."

Does it occur to anyone that if the cat gets out of the bag early, it gives clonecoins and trolls extra ammo to work against us? In the real world, information is released strategically to build interest. If Evan just dumped 75 pages worth of whitepapers all at once, it would be far too much for anyone outside our narrow community to digest. They'd look, say "Wall of Text" and stop reading.

Please let the man do things as he sees fit. I really think he's earned your trust by now. If not, then just leave him be for selfish reasons--he's really smart, and your Dash are going to be worth more with him planning things.

Big hypes are likely to create bubbles. Maybe short-lived as market corrects itself, but still bubbles.

Big hypes are also likely to get people to pay attention and start taking us seriously. We have less than 1% of the marketcap of Bitcoin, which itself is worth only 1/15th the value of Facebook or Uber. We are an infinitesimal fraction of an irrelevant percentage of the financial sector. We *need* to get people's attention. We need to start being taken seriously instead of being "just another altcoin." We need to shake things up and get people to notice us. If doing that causes a bubble, then that's unfortunate but worth it in the long run.

Somebody in another place, talking about Dash, expressed their frustration that we are essentially a bunch of people in a desert waiting on users to find us. I think this assessment has merit. It's time to come out of the desert with great fanfare and show the world what we've got.

I don't understand this. You "can't make rational choices" because you don't know exactly what Evan is going to unveil in the next few months? As another poster said, do you feel the need to know what Apple or Microsoft are going to do six months in advance?

Yes I do, if I want to work in their ecosystem. Why do you think these companies have developer programs? Or do you think when the new version of Windows drops, Adobe et al. download it and see if Photoshop still works?

The same holds true for investing. If you want funding, you better have a solid roadmap you can show to those venture capital guys, just saying "trust our team, they did so well on their last project" isn't going to cut it.

Yes I do, if I want to work in their ecosystem. Why do you think these companies have developer programs? Or do you think when the new version of Windows drops, Adobe et al. download it and see if Photoshop still works?

The same holds true for investing. If you want funding, you better have a solid roadmap you can show to those venture capital guys, just saying "trust our team, they did so well on their last project" isn't going to cut it.

My understanding is that you will have your roadmap, just not today. The release will be on testnet for quite awhile, if history is any judge, so you will have more than enough time to make sure your stuff works.

I'd love to know everything about the new system just as much as the next guy (or gal), but I respect the fact that this is basically a "skunkworks" type project until we get further along in development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back