Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash Evolution official announcement next January in Miami!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minotaur, Oct 17, 2015.

1. jpr

jpr Active Member

I understand some information should not be disclosed. But I don't understand why are all masternode owners being kept in the dark. There has been 2 budget payments already for public awareness which is over 4000 dash and we know nothing about any spendings. "Trust the team" is not enough. A bit more transparency is essential. You guys cannot just do whatever you like with the budget money without telling anybody about it. We pay for this from our masternodes, drop us a fuckin bone!

• Like Like x 3
  2. jpr

jpr Active Member

It already stinks with insider trading as the TEAM knows a bit more than we do, don't you think?

• Like Like x 3
  3. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Active Member

True but that's something that would need to be considered as part of the proposal rather than after imo, included terms of disclosure rather than disagreement. I don't see at as an issue at the mo though, that sets things off in the direction of huge unreadable contracts in legaleses covering every scenario and that's something I feel we should avoid like the plague (maybe stock agreements to attach could avoid it?). No one wants to expose something half-finished, an artist wouldn't proudly display a half finished painting and the same is common practice in code, if Evolution is anything like as significant as it looks then keeping it under wraps until release sounds like a good plan.

• Like Like x 2
  4. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Sure, regarding coding, it is natural that things are done this way. And that's why the dev team is receiving a "remuneration" for their work. But with other "expenses" the picture changes.

BTW, when dealing with coding results, the last word is that of the whole network, Masternode owners and miners adopting the "new software". It is not really a "budget" matter.

• Like Like x 2
  5. crowning

crowning Well-known Member

Sure, at least the people who implement it will sooner or later all know...you can't avoid this [1].
    But there's quite a difference between a couple of people and > 3000 Masternode owners.

[1]: that excludes devs like me of course: I do things and do NOT know what I'm doing [​IMG] [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  6. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com

* note of clarificarion: I know that this is unwelcomed for some people here, the notion that "having a budget changes things" (e.g. people will tend less to "work for free"). But I am trying to make reasonable assumptions here.

Not so long ago, before the budget voting system was brought into reality, there was the "assumption" in this community, by some of the members, that there were too many "free riders" among us. And that anyone who was not donating money directly into DASH projects (development, marketing, etc) was to be considered a "freerider".

I opposed to that view, sustaining, that many people could not afford to donate MONEY, but still they could donate their work and efforts (as many here have been doing greatly) and such peoples are as important, thus, these are also not "freeriders". Also, even those who simply "invest" their money (buying DASH) were also to be considered contibutors, not freeriders. So: were there any freeriders left? My conclusion is that there are no free riders. This view of mine was not accepted by some, but this debate was dead the moment the blockchain funding was conceived.

(notice that, as I am not a rich fiat holder, nor a rich DASH holder, I could only donate work)

Now this debate resides in the past. Great. But, still, I felt a sour taste of not having the importance my efforts so far recognised by the community. It was like having cold water poured over everything I believed regarding open source p2p efforts.

But, in reality, a new debate is born: "Now that MONEY comes from the blockchain funding. The freerider's works and efforts are suddenly important?"

#36 raganius, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2015
  7. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

freeriders ?
    what
    i never heard of this assumption !

there are and always will be people who talk and others who do !

i am as naive to expect everybody to contributes as much as they can and as much as i do.
    i know this will not happen (due to the talkers hence the doers)
    so doing projects for the community and expecting a certain appreciation or recognition is the totally wrong approach in my opinion.
    doing it for the project itself is an approach that works (for me), talk to the doers (and not the talkers as they have always an opinion)
    team up with them, and pull on the same string to get this project further and above !
    sure there is a budget system, but that is not changing the general rules of engagement, support, involvement ....
    is anybody expecting to be paid for FB likes and retweets ? i do not understand :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 4
  8. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com

• Like Like x 2
  9. bhkien

bhkien Active Member

I think, with small improvements over time has much more advantage than big change, especially with core dev team.

When we have small steps of improvement, the price increases and we have more funding for dev team. And with that our dev team less depend on venture investors and has more chance to follow what they believe will benefit in long term.

With small successful steps our confident will increase.

Etherium has a big promise and that was a heavy burden on their back.

If we miss a promise we could loss one chance to getting support of many people.

And by divice to many small chunks we can get feedback immediately of community to improve it gradually.

And that can save us a lot of PR expenses!

• Like Like x 3
  10. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com

Agreed. I am always afraid of "big hypes" (especially if it is instead of sound development - fortunately, DASH has got a good reputation for serious development)

• Like Like x 5
  11. AnarchicCluster

AnarchicCluster Active Member

Dash Address:
    XgJkzjmW1onXH8EsaaZakN1GswjjnAYhUE
    Big hypes are likely to create bubbles. Maybe short-lived as market corrects itself, but still bubbles.

12. tungfa

tungfa Administrator
    Dash Core Team Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator Moderator

"See you in Miami"
    Tx to alex-ru Productions:

• Like Like x 6
  13. stan.distortion

stan.distortion Active Member

Mmmm, very slick :)

Quick thought (sorry, don't mean to be distracting), QR codes seem very underused seeing as more or less everyone has smartphones and they're a lot easier than searching for websites.

• Like Like x 1
  14. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

I don't understand this. You "can't make rational choices" because you don't know exactly what Evan is going to unveil in the next few months? As another poster said, do you feel the need to know what Apple or Microsoft are going to do six months in advance?

15. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

Nope, we do not.

Masternode owners have two choices regarding the development and implementation of future versions of Dash:
    a) We can chose to fund or not to fund a certain project.
    b) We can chose to update or not to update when the new version is released. If enough miners join the non-updaters in not updating, then the new version will fail.

As a masternode owner, you get to choose whether to fund the core team. You don't get to chose what the core team works on. If the network chooses not to fund the core team, then I have no doubt that they will continue to work, regardless of the pittance that they do or don't get from the network. (The budgeting system pays our developers for about 5% of the value of their time. It's more of a token recognition than actual compensation.)

As far as letting all the Foundation members or masternode owners know everything--that's dumb. If more than a handful of people know a secret, it's not a secret. Do you people just have an overwhelming desire to see your investment fail? This is monumental news--we are presenting at one of the most important FinTech conferences in the WORLD--and all anybody wants to talk about is "secretz r bad."

Does it occur to anyone that if the cat gets out of the bag early, it gives clonecoins and trolls extra ammo to work against us? In the real world, information is released strategically to build interest. If Evan just dumped 75 pages worth of whitepapers all at once, it would be far too much for anyone outside our narrow community to digest. They'd look, say "Wall of Text" and stop reading.

Please let the man do things as he sees fit. I really think he's earned your trust by now. If not, then just leave him be for selfish reasons--he's really smart, and your Dash are going to be worth more with him planning things.

• Like Like x 5
  16. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

Big hypes are also likely to get people to pay attention and start taking us seriously. We have less than 1% of the marketcap of Bitcoin, which itself is worth only 1/15th the value of Facebook or Uber. We are an infinitesimal fraction of an irrelevant percentage of the financial sector. We *need* to get people's attention. We need to start being taken seriously instead of being "just another altcoin." We need to shake things up and get people to notice us. If doing that causes a bubble, then that's unfortunate but worth it in the long run.

Somebody in another place, talking about Dash, expressed their frustration that we are essentially a bunch of people in a desert waiting on users to find us. I think this assessment has merit. It's time to come out of the desert with great fanfare and show the world what we've got.

• Like Like x 3
  17. the-baker

the-baker Member

Yes I do, if I want to work in their ecosystem. Why do you think these companies have developer programs? Or do you think when the new version of Windows drops, Adobe et al. download it and see if Photoshop still works?

The same holds true for investing. If you want funding, you better have a solid roadmap you can show to those venture capital guys, just saying "trust our team, they did so well on their last project" isn't going to cut it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. David

David Well-known Member
    Dash Support Group

My understanding is that you will have your roadmap, just not today. The release will be on testnet for quite awhile, if history is any judge, so you will have more than enough time to make sure your stuff works.

I'd love to know everything about the new system just as much as the next guy (or gal), but I respect the fact that this is basically a "skunkworks" type project until we get further along in development.

#48 David, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015