• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Evolution official announcement next January in Miami!

Minotaur

Foundation Member
Dash Evolution to be officially announced on the North American Bitcoin Conference in Miami next January. Don't miss it!

i4AjMf7.png

http://btcmiami.com/speakers/

Last edited by a moderator:
Minotaur What is the difference between this "official" announcement in Miami and what we just saw at Amsterdam? Do you mean a working version will be released in Miami? How about the White Papers?

Pablo.

What is the difference between this "official" announcement in Miami and what we just saw at Amsterdam? Do you mean a working version will be released in Miami? How about the White Papers?

Pablo.

The Amsterdam event was just a sneak peak of Evolution; the Miami event will have much more information about what we're building. Evolution is a HUGE project, by January I'll have a prototype, but don't expect whitepapers.

The Amsterdam event was just a sneak peak of Evolution; the Miami event will have much more information about what we're building. Evolution is a HUGE project, by January I'll have a prototype, but don't expect whitepapers.

eduffield Do you have an idea regarding when we will get to see the White Papers and/or see the prototype on Testnet?

Thanks.

Some heavy hitters speaking, I recognize Tone Vays from coin telegraph and Brock Pierce, previous speakers include Jeff Garzik

What other altcoins have been presented in Miami in the past? I guess I'm asking if it's a big deal to be able to present there or are we just another one of "those" in their eyes?

Minotaur What is the difference between this "official" announcement in Miami and what we just saw at Amsterdam? Do you mean a working version will be released in Miami? How about the White Papers?

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,

Besides what Evan said,

We already introduced some of the concepts of Evolution in Amsterdam, the videos of the presentation should come out soon. Besides the presentations in Amsterdam we had meetings with people from the industry and they were really impressed with the work Dash is doing. As a result of those meetings the idea to give Dash Evolution a proper introduction to the world in the next North American Bitcoin conference came to fruition.

This is a very prestigious event with a history of high profile speakers so we are really looking forward to this keynote. As an example, this was the event were Ethereum was originally presented in January 2014, Dash deserves this type of attention and securing this speaking opportunity required some work from the team in meeting with people and presenting the Dash innovations and where the project is going. We are really happy Dash is starting to get some recognition and we are working hard to be in more events like this over the next few months, there may even be more announcements soon as we succeed in our efforts.

What other altcoins have been presented in Miami in the past? I guess I'm asking if it's a big deal to be able to present there or are we just another one of "those" in their eyes?

Only the official announcement of Ethereum that I can remember.

Excellent, this is fantastic news!! Incredible stuff. Keep up the great work :) Can I just ask... How much is the blockchain funding helping with the project so far? Seems to me that it's really helped oil the wheels. Just wondering if the devs are happy with the way things are going with the new funding system..

Cheers

Walter

I am also very happy that we will be making an appearance at this event, I might actually drop in and see it live.

But as an investor, I am concerned that we are not being given enough information to make rational choices regarding new or existing investments in Dash. Apparently, Evolution will be a full overhaul of the code base, so I understand we can't expect to see a Beta on testnet for several months, and that's fine; but I'm troubled that the only things I know about this key project, are cookie crumbs and conjectures. I think we at least should get the White Paper by the time Evan has a prototype, or at the conference, whichever comes first.

At the end of the day, we need to back up our claims, and the best way to do that are the White Papers. If you think about it, by the time the conference comes around, we will have been discussing V13 for about 5-6 months and even at that point Evan has stated we will not have the White Papers (which are key to understanding the new technology). If this were any other project, I would not stay because I can't invest in what I don't understand. Evan being Evan, I am willing to take on the additional risk, but this spoon feeding of crumbs and conjecture regarding the next release seems like the wrong way to go. Unless there is a long term tactical reason, then I'm all ears.

Also, I think we should develop public information management policies. There are clearly people who have more info about the general project than the rest of us, and again that's fine because it's practical; but we should have polices regarding what criteria must be met to keep details of projects secret or public. I am not saying the core team should not keep certain things under wraps, I am saying we should know under what conditions things can be kept under wraps, for what purposes, and for how long.

Makes sense no?

Pablo.

Just to clarify this a bit,
Amsterdam (BTC Wednesday +FinTech) were both Meet up's , meaning there were 100 people coming together. (NOT a conference)

BTC Miami is a propper conference, 2 days, ton of speeches, presentations, Booths, big press, ..... (the whole lot)

Some Press from last year:
http://www.coindesk.com/tnabc-gallery-miami-conference/
(good links in the story)
2015 they had a bit of a fuzz regarding josh garza and his debate/presentation.

I am also very happy that we will be making an appearance at this event, I might actually drop in and see it live.

But as an investor, I am concerned that we are not being given enough information to make rational choices regarding new or existing investments in Dash. Apparently, Evolution will be a full overhaul of the code base, so I understand we can't expect to see a Beta on testnet for several months, and that's fine; but I'm troubled that the only things I know about this key project, are cookie crumbs and conjectures. I think we at least should get the White Paper by the time Evan has a prototype, or at the conference, whichever comes first.

At the end of the day, we need to back up our claims, and the best way to do that are the White Papers. If you think about it, by the time the conference comes around, we will have been discussing V13 for about 5-6 months and even at that point Evan has stated we will not have the White Papers (which are key to understanding the new technology). If this were any other project, I would not stay because I can't invest in what I don't understand. Evan being Evan, I am willing to take on the additional risk, but this spoon feeding of crumbs and conjecture regarding the next release seems like the wrong way to go. Unless there is a long term tactical reason, then I'm all ears.

Also, I think we should develop public information management policies. There are clearly people who have more info about the general project than the rest of us, and again that's fine because it's practical; but we should have polices regarding what criteria must be met to keep details of projects secret or public. I am not saying the core team should not keep certain things under wraps, I am saying we should know under what conditions things can be kept under wraps, for what purposes, and for how long.

Makes sense no?

Pablo.

Hey pablo
correct, certain people know more than others! Any company , corporation, virtual corporation ,... is running like that !
The core team knows and is working on it, and the community and investors read between the lines.
same as .... mercedes ... management knows (and keeps the new model under wraps), community and investors are excited and trust the company to deliver (or not), but will not see that new Benz model until it is released at Autoshow X.
same same

If we want to catch a certain momentum, hype, excitement about 'evolution' we gotta play that game ! (basic marketing)
if we release the white paper tomorrow (we do not have yet) to the community, we do not have to make a presentation in Miami as everybody will know the details by then, we will have at least 2 clones running parallel to ours, and the 'hype' and excitement is gone !
(missed opportunity)

Was the dash team invited to go there or did we try hard to get invited?

i belive (i was not there) you do not get invited to conferences, you pay to be there (if you are not some celebrity or VIP) !
that how conferences work and make their money.

Hey pablo
correct, certain people know more than others! Any company , corporation, virtual corporation ,... is running like that !
The core team knows and is working on it, and the community and investors read between the lines.
same as .... mercedes ... management knows (and keeps the new model under wraps), community and investors are excited and trust the company to deliver (or not), but will not see that new Benz model until it is released at Autoshow X.
same same

The difference being that cars are a well-established industry, and people thus have a pretty good idea what to expect of a new model that'll be released next year or whenever. Just saying, telling investors that they have to "read between the lines" when doing their due diligence doesn't seem like a very sound proposition. You might be confusing investors with speculators :)

If we want to catch a certain momentum, hype, excitement about 'evolution' we gotta play that game ! (basic marketing)
if we release the white paper tomorrow (we do not have yet) to the community, we do not have to make a presentation in Miami as everybody will know the details by then, we will have at least 2 clones running parallel to ours, and the 'hype' and excitement is gone !
(missed opportunity)

I get that some secrecy is necessary to preserve your competitive edge, but any blank spots you leave in your information policy, people will fill with their own imagination, ranging from "Evolution will contain a cure for cancer" to "it's all a big scam". Which creates a climate of uncertainty (that investors hate) and exaggerated expectations (which will turn into disapointment when the real thing is finally released)

The difference being that cars are a well-established industry, and people thus have a pretty good idea what to expect of a new model that'll be released next year or whenever. Just saying, telling investors that they have to "read between the lines" when doing their due diligence doesn't seem like a very sound proposition. You might be confusing investors with speculators :)

I get that some secrecy is necessary to preserve your competitive edge, but any blank spots you leave in your information policy, people will fill with their own imagination, ranging from "Evolution will contain a cure for cancer" to "it's all a big scam". Which creates a climate of uncertainty (that investors hate) and exaggerated expectations (which will turn into disapointment when the real thing is finally released)

i am just posting my personal opinions here, i have not double checked my quotes with the Dev team !

"climate of uncertainty"
... as we trust Evan (as Mercedes drivers trust Mercedes), i see it more as an opportunity than uncertainty.

we are in this since 1,5 (nearly 2) years, which is a lifetime in the crypto world, i think by now we can totally compare ourself to an established car maker.
We are #5 market cap, have delivered as promised before, never disappointed, are public with names and addresses, .... never lied about out emissions (little joke on the side), ...
and that is the same with 'cure for cancer' or 'big scam'
trust and believe in the product and team, isn't that what you are supposed to invest in !?
i do

Back