• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

There will be no inflationary effect on mainnet, when there's 1 set of superblocks per month totally 8000 DASH or less. The effect on the coin generation will actually be deflationary. These superblocks are allowed to happen 10 times a day right now, however on mainnet they will be once per month.

There's an average of 553 blocks per day on mainnet (60*24/2.6), which means we have 16615 blocks per month. To not be inflationary, we'll reduce the block reward by 10% each block . Total monthly generation can be calculated as 553*30*5*.93 = 77143 (minimum), so 10% of that is 7714 (minimum). That means every 16615 blocks on mainnet, we'll be allowed to create a few blocks that total that much in generation. We'll eliminate 10% of the total reward, but we'll only be allowed to create the minimum reward. For example, if we average 8DASH per block and reduce the block reward by 10k DASH, we'll still only recreate up to 8k DASH. If we only have budgets approved for 3k, that will result in the other 7k DASH never being created at all, a deflationary effect.

On testnet the superblock frequency was changed from 16615 to 50, or 332 times the frequency. This is highly inflationary and NOT going to happen on mainnet. We just needed a lot of opportunity to test this on testnet before being sure it was secure and working properly.

Sorry for the confusion, i'm not sure where this message got lost

Once again, I have to object. Any more deflation just centralizes this coin to existing holders more and more. If we want Dash to succeed as a currency, we need to get coins distributed, and making it so that even fewer coins are generated (albeit this will probably be less than 3% of total) is bad. Even if we do give aways, it would be far healthier in the long run for Dash. The Foundation is already tax free, they can handle give aways in a faucet or as prizes in competition without fear of being taxed for handling the coins.

Please! Lets not be short sighted! In the long run, if there is real adoption, there will be more value to this coin. More adoption = more buying pressure = higher coin value. So, though I personally want to see this coin take business away from the banks and control the government because I'm a libertarian capitalistic nut case, What I'm suggesting will actually increase the value of Dash, more so than letting it stagnate with a few thousand holders (not even users).

So if any excess funds not generated for proposals could be deposited into even just a faucet run by the foundation, it would help spread the use of the coin and keep the coin generation as it is now.

Once again, I have to object. Any more deflation just centralizes this coin to existing holders more and more. If we want Dash to succeed as a currency, we need to get coins distributed, and making it so that even fewer coins are generated (albeit this will probably be less than 3% of total) is bad. Even if we do give aways, it would be far healthier in the long run for Dash. The Foundation is already tax free, they can handle give aways in a faucet or as prizes in competition without fear of being taxed for handling the coins.

Please! Lets not be short sighted! In the long run, if there is real adoption, there will be more value to this coin. More adoption = more buying pressure = higher coin value. So, though I personally want to see this coin take business away from the banks and control the government because I'm a libertarian capitalistic nut case, What I'm suggesting will actually increase the value of Dash, more so than letting it stagnate with a few thousand holders (not even users).

So if any excess funds not generated for proposals could be deposited into even just a faucet run by the foundation, it would help spread the use of the coin and keep the coin generation as it is now.

I'm definitely not opposed to what you're saying there, if the money is available we should use it. I'm hoping the budget system is the real answer to decentralization, because I can't personally control what happens and this system should function on the "wisdom of the crowd", which is usually better than 1 persons idea of what should happen. I like your idea about givaways and other contests to get the coins out there, that's why this budget system is going to work :wink:

I'm definitely not opposed to what you're saying there, if the money is available we should use it. I'm hoping the budget system is the real answer to decentralization, because I can't personally control what happens and this system should function on the "wisdom of the crowd", which is usually better than 1 persons idea of what should happen. I like your idea about givaways and other contests to get the coins out there, that's why this budget system is going to work :wink:
Yes, if the time comes where we can't find a good project to spend money on (not going to be a problem for a long time), just propose the faucet idea for the budget, TanteStefana! [Light bulb...] I'll vote for it! :grin:

We could name it "Tante's Coin Distribution Fund" :smile:

How am I screwing this up please?

mnbudget prepare TScherryfarm2
http://www.dashpay.io/ts.json 4 91700
yL7WTtehXs7w5wsyqGMpkdESM9W1ejHRvi true

Error: Error parsing JSON:http://www.dashpay.io/ts.json

you're missing the monthly payment amount

"Correct usage is 'mnbudget prepare proposal-name url payment_count block_start dash_address monthly_payment_dash [use_ix(true|false)]'"

so:
Code:
mnbudget prepare TScherryfarm2 http://www.dashpay.io/ts.json 4 91700 yL7WTtehXs7w5wsyqGMpkdESM9W1ejHRvi 10 true

edit: forum alerts not working for some reason.

Will it be possible to force the foundation to do this via a proposal? Or do we need an official board member to initiate this? I don't want to touch any coins (or ever be in control over them!)

And thanks guys, I've got it so far, awaiting my 6 confirmations now

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I've resubmitted my Cherry Farm, Yaaay! Please vote for me :)

dash-cli mnbudget vote d2e9de5267fce33e4a7ab752def6a5183f543bb8b792a97979cfd5eea8364049 yes

Ok, I've resubmitted my Cherry Farm, Yaaay! Please vote for me :)
dash-cli mnbudget vote d2e9de5267fce33e4a7ab752def6a5183f543bb8b792a97979cfd5eea8364049 yes

voted in the affirmative with deft alacrity! :wink:

may your cherry bounty be plentiful!

Ok, I"m the only submission, lets get at least a few more, we want to test and see if we can go over budget or not??!!

flare - for you :)

20:44:45

mnbudget prepare DS_Robotic_Mixer http://robots.stanford.edu/ 5 91600 y2sbCzBp44XcT7MrJcG1XhHSaC743wC6cS 100 true

20:44:45

Proposal is not valid - 94da4024bda67750ca6ae6863ebd5a572232a39a79c5591a5e34296c9785b88a - Payment more than max

Checking masternodes with "masternodelist full"... Does this mean this mn has been REMOVED from the masternode list?

"8b219fe9ce4b69de57cbdfda7b732902e49072f9d97b25a5dc77be04c3dea760-4" : " REMOVE 70099

So... moocowmoo demanded money before he would vote for my proposal... And I paid him via InstantX! :grin::grin::grin:

Status: 5/confirmed (verified via instantx), broadcast through 18 nodes
Date: 7/28/2015 21:43
To: moo-feed yG88GzpPYPmdZ6vJCsKh9bKa14Ujpcdhkh
Debit: -69.00000000 tDASH
Transaction fee: -0.01000000 tDASH
Net amount: -69.01000000 tDASH
Transaction ID: dd50e23a18c4720deff59cdb66fad095f7fd19ecd036c8683e38fc4cc525c556-000

So... moocowmoo demanded money before he would vote for my proposal... And I paid him via InstantX! :grin::grin::grin:

Status: 5/confirmed (verified via instantx), broadcast through 18 nodes
Date: 7/28/2015 21:43
To: moo-feed yG88GzpPYPmdZ6vJCsKh9bKa14Ujpcdhkh
Debit: -69.00000000 tDASH
Transaction fee: -0.01000000 tDASH
Net amount: -69.01000000 tDASH
Transaction ID: dd50e23a18c4720deff59cdb66fad095f7fd19ecd036c8683e38fc4cc525c556-000
The backroom deals begin, even in Testnet... :grin:

eduffield - my masternode wallet is stuck at block 91537
It's also hanging right now and won't shut down, going to end it in the Task Manager.

EDIT: Win32 - v0.12.0.32-8acfd77

upload_2015-7-28_22-55-42.png

mnbudget show is empty, what happened?

I can still see mine if I do getinfo My_project but nothing with show?

Back