• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

you dont have to have 2 cards. You can write image files to the card (like you will in the turorial), but you can also make them. So when you are happy with the running masternode and all is running well, just make and .IMG file from the whole SDcard to any computer using readily available software. That way, if your SDcard gets corrupted (or destroyed by fire lol) you can just flash the IMG file to the SDcard again, and run it like nothing ever happenend.

As long as you have the private key of the wallet containing the 1000+ dash you cannot loose it by fire. The 1000 dash arent ON your Pi2, the masternode just LOOKS at a wallet containing 1000+ dash as proof you have them.

So make a spreadsheat with iimportant stuff in it. Make a truecrypt container with a strong password, zip it with another password, mail it to yourself andhang it on your keychain with a usbthumbdrive and you always can recover the 1000+ dash. Even if your house is burned down.

you dont have to have 2 cards. You can write image files to the card (like you will in the turorial), but you can also make them. So when you are happy with the running masternode and all is running well, just make and .IMG file from the whole SDcard to any computer using readily available software. That way, if your SDcard gets corrupted (or destroyed by fire lol) you can just flash the IMG file to the SDcard again, and run it like nothing ever happenend.

As long as you have the private key of the wallet containing the 1000+ dash you cannot loose it by fire. The 1000 dash arent ON your Pi2, the masternode just LOOKS at a wallet containing 1000+ dash as proof you have them.

So make a spreadsheat with iimportant stuff in it. Make a truecrypt container with a strong password, zip it with another password, mail it to yourself andhang it on your keychain with a usbthumbdrive and you always can recover the 1000+ dash. Even if your house is burned down.

right then but your logic is off - lol

You start by saying you don't need 2 cards - but what if it's destroyed - lol
I'm just fuck'n with ya - lol

I do like the image Idea
You know of a way - maybe in a WINZip like program - can I "access" any files on it?

For seperating a file out (copying) a file?

I love both Fuzzyduck and MangledBlue's ideas. I'll have 2 cards, that way I save time if something were to happen to the current card. And the file also stored on the computer.

I will look into truecrypt, don't know what this is. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's your programs if you don't want to wait
COMPILED for RASPBERRY Pi 2 b

dashd
link

dash-cli
link

Are these for me? Or do I have to compile myself or make changes to the files? Can someone on this forum give me permission to post links or reply with links?

Are these for me? Or do I have to compile myself or make changes to the files? Can someone on this forum give me permission to post links or reply with links?

Those are for anybody that does not want to compile the software

Just place in .dash DIR
chmod +x ./dashd
chmod +x ./dash-cli

and your all set
(might not even need to chmod)

enjoy

I think you will be able to put in link once you have a better forum score

Those are for anybody that does not want to compile the software

Just place in .dash DIR
chmod +x ./dashd
chmod +x ./dash-cli

and your all set
(might not even need to chmod)

enjoy

I think you will be able to put in link once you have a better forum score

I believe you posted the first link twice. The second link seems to be the same as the first.

I do think you should compile at least once, because maybe some day a new download isn't available. Then at least you know what to do.

I do think you should compile at least once, because maybe some day a new download isn't available. Then at least you know what to do.

To get started quickly - use the pre-compiled software
then
they could compile.....
1 - to learn how to do it
and
2 - to obtain a copy of the complete software package

:-D

I just did some research on Truecrypt, looks like the devs abandoned it, I downloaded it anyway on my mac and it wouldn't install since Truecrypt requires an older mac version. So I found an alternative, works with both Mac and Windows: It's called Encrypto by MacPaw and it's free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back