• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Fork to stop masternode payments

I know most of you are half way round the world from Arkansas, but I'm drinking heavily and you're all welcome to come over! :what: Some of you guys have busted your asses and I'll be more than happy to buy u a drink!
I'll second that. I'm in VT and I'd buy any of the devs here a drink right now.

Yeah, I got freaked by the QT appending -000 for some reason (probably a simple techy feature when it un-syncs?), but the actual tx is is identical to Mintpal, and that does show up perfectly its on the blockchain, just waiting for them to re-open market...

Love you Instacash, despite my recent near-death experience :tongue:

Instacash is a HUGE asset to Darkcoin right now... seriously, if you're on a Mac, you're a total douche if you don´t tip him, he's flying solo!

Agreed, he's great!

I'm too lazy to go east to Arkansas, but I'm lifting my Diet Coke in a Prost to all of you die hards! (as there's no beer in the house at the moment, Sh*#)

Yeah, I got freaked by the QT appending -000 for some reason (probably a simple techy feature when it un-syncs?), but the actual tx is is identical to Mintpal, and that does show up perfectly its on the blockchain, just waiting for them to re-open market...
Wait, what, why are you sending DRK to mintpal?

Let me teach you one thing: buy low, sell high. Now is the time to send BTC to mintpal :)

ok, Mac QT updated to stable .11 and -re-indexed ?

version" : 90411,
"protocolversion" : 70015,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 0.00943229,
"blocks" : 75213,
"timeoffset" : -4,
"connections" : 16,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 1972.69749932,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1398203799,
"keypoolsize" : 100,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/chain/DarkCoin ... block height seems frozen at
75202 2014-05-26 21:48:29 - anyone confirm please?

Cheplin's - 1 min ago May 26 2014 23:28:26 75197

Wait, what, why are you sending DRK to mintpal?

Let me teach you one thing: buy low, sell high. Now is the time to send BTC to mintpal :)

if it were my money... just a precaution! Sent funds to Kraken, just waiting to clear! double edged sword kind of thing...

Okay, do you need me to actually run a masternode? I'm pooped, but if running a masternode with this version helps stabilize the network, I'll do it :)
Do we know anything about this? If we run them they may fork again and the shit never clears. If we don't maybe we are doing some harm also... I'm sorry if this has been said somewhere else, I'm just back from a day on the road. In the morning I was happy because I was getting paid (in one of my MNs twice!!). In the afternoon I was seen everything go mad from a train with a poor connection in my phone. I've been reading/posting as much as possible, but I'm quite behind. My MNs are reindexing now and it is going fast.

It looks like I got one payout on mine as well... OK, I restarted with 10.08.11 and the masternode is reconnected, and seems to be working after -reindex.

Actually, after reindex I have no transactions :( I must have been on the wrong side of the fork
I have a spare computer now that I can run on test net to help out in any way I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm starting to panic now. I updated darkcoind. It stopped updating so I reindexed, but now the balance is showing 0 :|

I have a backup of my wallet luckily but why would my balance suddenly disappear? Is it ok to load the backup wallet on a normal client? I haven't done it yet incase it shows zero.... then I may cry.

Ok I'm starting to panic now. I updated darkcoind. It stopped updating so I reindexed, but now the balance is showing 0 :|

I have a backup of my wallet luckily but why would my balance suddenly disappear?
Has it finished syncing? Run darkcoind getinfo and check data with explorer.darkcoin.io. If it hasn't finished don't worry, your coins will be there when it does.

Has it finished syncing? Run darkcoind getinfo and check data with explorer.darkcoin.io. If it hasn't finished don't worry, your coins will be there when it does.
Thanks for the quick reply. No not done yet, it's still syncing. I shall be in the corner rocking back and forth while I wait....

edit: Woohoo, the 1000 is back! *wipes forehead*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reply. No not done yet, it's still syncing. I shall be in the corner rocking back and forth while I wait....
Don't worry, your 1000 drk will be ok. You may have problems with payments received in a bad fork, but not with your 1000 drk. It can take time, the network is a mess. BTW, not sure if explorer.darkcoin.io is working properly, I see the same block for a log time.

Back