• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Masternode On Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

This is what worked for me using Ubuntu 14.x. No new users, just the default pi user.
sudo passwd pi
cd ~/
sudo apt-get –y update && sudo apt-get –y upgrade && sudo apt-get –y upgrade-dist
sudo apt-get -y install libtool autotools-dev autoconf libdb-dev libminiupnpc-dev dh-autoreconf libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libssl-dev pkg-config joe ufw protobuf-compiler libprotobuf-dev screen nano
git clone https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin
cd darkcoin
sudo ./autogen.sh
sudo ./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
screen (go though prompts)
sudo make
<control a> d
Sleep, shutdown computer, wakeup, restart Bitvise SSH client
screen -r
cp ~/.darkcoin/src/dashd ~/
./dashd
close the error
nano .dash/dash.conf

I use the Bitvise SSH client instead of Putty. It also adds ftp ability through SSH sessions along with storing more login information. No need to sudo chmod +x .dashd since it is already set. I also used sudo for most commands because I didn't create a root account. Last command should use the .dash directory instead of .darkcoin. Commands from sudo apt-get.. to screen can be copied and pasted (right mouse click paste) into a terminal to save about 10 minutes of waiting to type the next command.

Id suggest a PI2, because you also can do other stuff with it, like a fullblown mediapplayer for your tv for instance. Look up Kodi http://kodi.tv/.
It runs way better on the Pi2 then Pi1.

IF you get a Pi2, get the model B which had 512 mb ram.

Actually, I have a set of Pi2s( I think all the Pi2s are model B) and they have 1GB of ram. I agree that Pi2s are well worth the $10 extra cost for the extra ram, extra USB ports, hdmi port, micro sd slot, and faster/more universal ARMv7 processor.

hey guys
can anybody please get me some good pictures of their
Raspberry Pi running a Masternode ?

A good picture would really help !!
sharp, good light and good /clean backdrop
pleaseeeeee
:smile:

Mine is running in an ugly cupboard..... Cant you just grab any pic off the internet? You cant tell its not running dashd now can you! :tongue:

mine is running with just power and utp connected. Did it all with putty remotely

Mine is running in an ugly cupboard..... Cant you just grab any pic off the internet? You cant tell its not running dashd now can you! :tongue:

mine is running with just power and utp connected. Did it all with putty remotely

Don't forget to include the ugly cupboard, I want to see that more than anything :grin:

BAM! Ugly cupboard in your face!

Its my MEP closet near the front door. Hung an Atom server on the wall in there with a raid1 config.

Rasp is just lying there doing its work for months now without looking at it.

15q5gcw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
BAM! Ugly cupboard in your face!

Its my MEP closet near the front door. Hung an Atom server on the wall in there with a raid1 config.

Rasp is just lying there doing its work for months now without looking at it.

tx fuzzy
i remember now, that pretty cardboard !
you send that picture some month ago !
tx man, this will do for now (i will come back to you eventually about this)

And as Mr. Solarminer, here is a picture of a pi running some USB connected BFL Monarch miners. The wires go to my mailbox and text me when the mail comes.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 333
And as Mr. Solarminer, here is a picture of a pi running some USB connected BFL Monarch miners. The wires go to my mailbox and text me when the mail comes.
Is this for real? Are you saying the wires go to your physical box in front of your house for snail mail and when the mailman puts the mail in there, the wires really send you a txt msg? Or am I mistaken because you're talking about your gmail inbox?

I'm wondering if the dependencies you have listed are the same ones that I would use to run the regular dash-qt. I know I can leave out the joe and ufw, but what about the others?

sudo apt-get install libtool autotools-dev autoconf libdb-dev libminiupnpc-dev dh-autoreconf libdb++-dev libboost-all-dev libssl-dev pkg-config joe ufw protobuf-compiler libprotobuf-dev

Also, does anyone know if you can just download the binaries from dashpay.io for linux distros and run that on a PI, or does the wallet have to be built from source?

Lastly, I am confused as to why this line looks like this.
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
what is the with-incompatible-bdb?

I'm wondering if the dependencies you have listed are the same ones that I would use to run the regular dash-qt. I know I can leave out the joe and ufw, but what about the others?

Also, does anyone know if you can just download the binaries from dashpay.io for linux distros and run that on a PI, or does the wallet have to be built from source?

Lastly, I am confused as to why this line looks like this.

what is the with-incompatible-bdb?
The simple answer is that the pi uses an arm cpu. It is not compatible with the 32 bit or 64bit compiled distributions so it needs to be compiled.

You need all the libraries to do the compiling. Once you have compiled the dashd executable, you could probably run that on any pi without any of the libraries.

That command ignores certain errors related to the arm cpu.

Is this for real? Are you saying the wires go to your physical box in front of your house for snail mail and when the mailman puts the mail in there, the wires really send you a txt msg? Or am I mistaken because you're talking about your gmail inbox?

Yep. Wires go to a mercury switch on door of the mailbox. The mercury switch keeps getting triggered by rain and wind so I will be trying a magnetic switch. I have a little python script that runs and sends an email to the text address for my phone when it senses the switch closing.

Would be nice to see a Pi version on the DASH Download page :p

I'll have my Raz Pi2b next Wednesday :-D

\o/ yeah !!! can't wait \o/

Luv the guide by the way :-D

Back