• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Trezor for Darkcoin

Desktop side will have to be covered with Electrum.
Today, I just offered the Encompass team a bounty of $1000 to speed up the integration of Trezor to Encompass.

Electrum BTC now supports Trezor.
Electrum-LTC 2.0.2 now supports Trezor.

Encompass the Electrum-style wallet, that efficiently provides BTC-LTC-DRK support, and many more coins, should also be Trezor friendly!

EDIT: The bounty is also open to anyone that can provide Trezor support to Encompass - a working pull request on the Encompass Github page will vouch as a valid entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I just offered the Encompass team a bounty of $1000 to speed up the integration of Trezor to Encompass.

Encompass the Electrum-style wallet, that efficiently provides BTC-LTC-DRK support, and many more coins, should also be Trezor friendly!

EDIT: The bounty is also open to anyone that can provide Trezor support to Encompass - a working pull request on the Encompass Github page will vouch as a valid entry.
Hi ELM4ever, I really appreciate your hard work on this but please pay attention to the current state of this coin before spending your money. If I were you I would wait until the legality of this new name is resolved. Thanks again for your work. :)

EDIT: Unless you wanted to do this anyways for other coins, and not just Darkcoin, then ignore this post. :)

ELM4ever

There is no relation between the rebranding process and the need for Encompass integration. We really appreciate what you are doing here, please continue. It is business as usual for all development related work, we are just doing some marketing and design changes.

http://satoshilabs.com/news/2015-04-07-trezor-firmware-1-3-3-connect-api/

TREZOR Releases Firmware 1.3.3 with TREZOR Connect
Posted by SatoshiLabs in News on April 7, 2015 with Comments Off

With TREZOR firmware 1.3.3 we are introducing our latest innovation for secure password-less user authentication – the TREZOR Connect.

This firmware further improves the overall security of the TREZOR hardware wallet and your privacy.

We have also implemented an important change to PIN protection and added support for the Dash cointype.

http://satoshilabs.com/news/2015-04-07-trezor-firmware-1-3-3-connect-api/

TREZOR Releases Firmware 1.3.3 with TREZOR Connect
Posted by SatoshiLabs in News on April 7, 2015 with Comments Off

With TREZOR firmware 1.3.3 we are introducing our latest innovation for secure password-less user authentication – the TREZOR Connect.

This firmware further improves the overall security of the TREZOR hardware wallet and your privacy.

We have also implemented an important change to PIN protection and added support for the Dash cointype.

Amazing!
I'm thinking about ordering one now. Is it possibile to have the MN cold wallet on a TREZOR?

EDIT: And does someone know if it's possible to use one TREZOR for BTC and DASH at the same time?

from trezor support:
"We have added Dash support to Trezor firmware only, but the wallet part is being prepared by Dash developers.
Dash will be not supported in myTrezor wallet at the moment.

I´m sure they are finalizing the wallet now and will be released withing following days."

Are we ?

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, are we working on our own wallet for use with Trezor?

Another important question, on any of the DASH wallets that will potentially run Trezor, can we run "masternode start" on them?

Pablo.

I'd like to know the answer to this as well, are we working on our own wallet for use with Trezor?

Another important question, on any of the DASH wallets that will potentially run Trezor, can we run "masternode start" on them?

Pablo.
I believe eduffield stated a while back that he would include the ability to have masternode support on a Trezor.

I believe eduffield stated a while back that he would include the ability to have masternode support on a Trezor.

Ah cool, I went through the thread and missed that.

The other question stands though, are we going to build trezor support into Dash QT or will we be able to run a masternode on a third party wallet.

Thanks for taking the time btw.

Pablo.

Ah cool, I went through the thread and missed that.

The other question stands though, are we going to build trezor support into Dash QT or will we be able to run a masternode on a third party wallet.

Thanks for taking the time btw.

Pablo.
Third party thus far.

Kewl, I will have to get my hands on the encompass wallet when it comes out then.

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Pablo.

Bump to see if any new information has arrived on this, I am very very excited for a trezor version of the Dash wallet.

If anyone manages to run a MN on today's Encompass release, please post.

Well I have been testing encompass with my trezor and dash, it seems to work well. I don't see any issues currently but it does let me access the wallet in watch only mode without a trezor and the only fear is a work around to trick it into control mode without the trezor as i don't know where the keys are really held through encompass.

can you run a masternode through encompass?

Back