• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

I can confirm that "addnode" to another MN will create the high CPU load and high memory usage problem. Eventually, the MN will be kicked off with this high CPU load and memory consumption. Something is still wrong in v0.11.2.17.

EDIT: What I did is "addnode another_MN_IP_address_on_the_same_ISP:9999 add". Then, wait until the two MNs are connected as peers. I use "lsof -i -n" to check that or you can use "getpeerinfo" instead. The time to get these two nodes connected can take some time. When they are connected, you will see the CPU load increases and memory usage starting to rise. I just tested it on a node that ran without being kicked off for 15 hours. Right after the MNs are connected as peers, the CPU load started to ramp up and the memory usage gradually increased.

I haven't tried this on MN hosted by another ISP as I do not want to kick someone off. Could someone with MNs on two different ISPs try this? You can restart the nodes once you see CPU load over 100% and memory usage more than 366 MB. That will confirm the problem without being kicked off because a simple restart of the nodes will prevent that.

Last edited by a moderator:
************ Dash Release Update : 11.2.17 ************************

- Fixed the "locking up" issue that would cause masternodes to go offline and general instability
- Masternode list changes - Udjin
- Better icon images - Crowning
- Improved Chinese Translation

https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/
What was the cause of the lock up issue? Memleak? Then again, it doesn't explain the sporadic-ness of it.

Great work.

Neither here nor there but.. Um icons still the same? I got all excited thinking my icons were in.

am i looking in the wrong place?
Code:
 wget https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz
--2015-04-02 14:14:10--  https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.129
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.129|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2015-04-02 14:14:10 ERROR 404: Not Found.

am i looking in the wrong place?
Code:
 wget https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz
--2015-04-02 14:14:10--  https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin-binaries/raw/master/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz
Resolving github.com (github.com)... 192.30.252.129
Connecting to github.com (github.com)|192.30.252.129|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2015-04-02 14:14:10 ERROR 404: Not Found.

https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz

Can someone please explain how to do this manually step by step for linux terminal nooobs, I got quite a few MN that I cant launch becourse im an Idiot that only uses linux to operate my MN

;/ edit
If you don't put out there a complete guide on how idiots like me can update then there is a unfair advantage that follows, IT guys will reap the benefits of fewer MNs while we nooobs try to scramble our shit together to try to update.. Dont assume that everyone that has a MN is a IT pro, rather assume everyone is an idiot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, this is my story

OS Debian 7

1. I did the darkcoin->dash upgrade on my encrypted wallet
2. After the restart it showed me Warning: wallet.dat corrupt, data salvaged! Original wallet.dat saved as wallet.{timestamp}.bak in .dash; if your balance or transactions are incorrect you should restore from a backup.
3. Shortly after that Error loading wallet.dat: Wallet corrupted (EXIT)

I managed to get it working after several restarts and -rescan -reindex options. However, now I cannot unlock the wallet with my passphrase, which was working just fine before the migration.

Could anyone advise on that please?

Can someone please explain how to do this manually step by step for linux terminal nooobs, I got quite a few MN that I cant launch becourse im an Idiot that only uses linux to operate my MN's

Have you already renamed all the stuff to dash?
If so, execute these commands on your console
Code:
$vi update.sh
Paste the following:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "########### This script will update the Master Node"
sleep 5
VERSION=64
URL=$1
FILE=${URL##*/}
DIR=${FILE%.tar.gz}
IP=$(hostname -I)
wget $URL
tar xzvf $FILE
echo "########### Stopping the Master Node"
./dashd stop
sleep 7
rm dashd
cp $DIR/bin/$VERSION/dashd .
chmod 755 dashd
rm $FILE
rm -rf $DIR
rm .dash/peers.dat
echo "########### Restarting the updated Master Node"
sleep 30
./dashd
sleep 15
./dashd getinfo
sleep 20
echo "########### Master Node status - Active: 1, Inactive: 0"
./dashd masternode list | grep $IP

Press : type wq and then click enter. ( :wq ), this will save the file.

Now get the script executable by executing
Code:
$chmod +x update.sh

launch the script
Code:
$./update.sh https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz

Everytime you want to update your daemon just launch ./update.sh <linux.tar.gz dash link>

Guys, this is my story

OS Debian 7

2. After the restart it showed me Warning: wallet.dat corrupt, data salvaged! Original wallet.dat saved as wallet.{timestamp}.bak in .dash; if your balance or transactions are incorrect you should restore from a backup.

I managed to get it working after several restarts and -rescan -reindex options. However, now I cannot unlock the wallet with my passphrase, which was working just fine before the migration.

Did you build your own wallet from source for Darkcoin and again for Dash? Just curious if it's db comparability issue that corrupted your wallet. Did you try -salvagewallet?

Have you already renamed all the stuff to dash?
If so, execute these commands on your console
Code:
$vi update.sh
Paste the following:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "########### This script will update the Master Node"
sleep 5
VERSION=64
URL=$1
FILE=${URL##*/}
DIR=${FILE%.tar.gz}
IP=$(hostname -I)
wget $URL
tar xzvf $FILE
echo "########### Stopping the Master Node"
./dashd stop
sleep 7
rm dashd
cp $DIR/bin/$VERSION/dashd .
chmod 755 dashd
rm $FILE
rm -rf $DIR
rm .dash/peers.dat
echo "########### Restarting the updated Master Node"
sleep 30
./dashd
sleep 15
./dashd getinfo
sleep 20
echo "########### Master Node status - Active: 1, Inactive: 0"
./dashd masternode list | grep $IP

Press : type wq and then click enter. ( :wq ), this will save the file.

Now get the script executable by executing
Code:
$chmod +x update.sh

launch the script
Code:
$./update.sh https://www.dashpay.io/binaries/dash-0.11.2.17-linux.tar.gz

Everytime you want to update your daemon just launch ./update.sh <linux.tar.gz dash link>

What is this ? I dont use putty ... can I use putty on linux ?

Did you build your own wallet from source for Darkcoin and again for Dash? Just curious if it's db comparability issue that corrupted your wallet. Did you try -salvagewallet?

Honestly, I don't remember whether I built it or just downloaded a binary, could be both. Now I first tried to build it, got that Berkeley DB incompatibility issue and finished with --with-incompatible-bdb to force it to use my version. However, this newborn daemon did not start and so I decided to get a ready-made binary.

Yes, I tried with the -salvagewallet options with no success though

Guys, this is my story

OS Debian 7

Always dump the private keys of the addresses containing your dash and store them in a safe place (ie. on a paper sheet, password manager, etc)

walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60
dumpprivkey <address>

if needed, importprivkey <privkey> will import the address (usable on a new wallet.dat )

*edit = sorry didn't read you are not able to unlock it

Always dump the private keys of the addresses containing your dash and store them in a safe place (ie. on a paper sheet, password manager, etc)

walletpassphrase <passphrase> 60
dumpprivkey <address>

if needed, importprivkey <privkey> will import the address (usable on a new wallet.dat )

*edit = sorry didn't read you are not able to unlock it

My wallet contains thousands of addresses and hundreds of accounts, so it's kinda tricky in my case. I do have several backups though

Honestly, I don't remember whether I built it or just downloaded a binary, could be both. Now I first tried to build it, got that Berkeley DB incompatibility issue and finished with --with-incompatible-bdb to force it to use my version. However, this newborn daemon did not start and so I decided to get a ready-made binary.

Yes, I tried with the -salvagewallet options with no success though
That was a reeeeeally bad idea.
Ubuntu 12.04 and later have packages for libdb5.1-dev and libdb5.1++-dev, but using these will break binary wallet compatibility, and is not recommended.

for Debian 7 (Wheezy) and later: The oldstable repository contains db4.8 packages. Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list, replacing [mirror] with any official debian mirror.
https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

db4.8 packages are available here. You can add the repository using the following command:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update

Back