• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

4 hours in
And everything is green and running

Reactions: AjM
ghmm... so... did you create this wallet with db5.1 binaries then? I'll be a bit confused if it's not the case...

Yes, I created this wallet in Berkeley DB 5.1.29 environment. So I assumed that building a dashd with the same DB version should do the trick, but it did not. It doesn't even launch.

Now if only we could stop rushing these releases out of testnet and into the wild. No offense to everyone I mean it's not like we are running and managing a 25 million dollar software project here. Would it kill us to have some proper software development practices?!?! Feature freezes? Unit testing? We do nothing nothing software projects do.

I mean give me a break. How many releases is it going to take before our dev team start taking steps towards improving the professionalism of our releases. Sorry about the rant but this shit drives me up the wall it makes the entire community look sloppy.
I agree with your opinions and had the same thought. However, I believe that there are bugs you probably won't see on the testnet because the main-net is a lot uglier than the testnet. On the main-net, there are less experienced noobs trying to run their MNs and evil operators trying to take advantage of this upgrade period when the enforcement is off.

getting below error on one of my many MNs when running "masternode debug", after updating to latest version, only this one is giving me pains strangely..have tried deleting peers.dat , blockstate etc and --reindex, but no luck.. tried searching the forum for it but most seem to suggest its due to old version..

"error: {"code":-32601,"message":"Method not found"}"

I've got the same question: how is it that my MN has been receiving PoSe score "1" in both dashnodes.com and dashninja.pl, but when I do a "masternode list pose" on putty I receive "0" as a reply score?

I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong, because I haven't received any other MN payment since march 27 (I've been updating as soon as new releases are published).

Thank you in advance for any help/enlightenment.

BUMP

My questions are:
  1. The fact that my MN has received this "1" PoSe score will cause it to receive no payments (as no more payments have been received since a week ago)?
  2. How do I know what is causing this "1" score, in order to solve it?

Thank you.

BUMP

My questions are:
  1. The fact that my MN has received this "1" PoSe score will cause it to receive no payments (as no more payments have been received since a week ago)?
  2. How do I know what is causing this "1" score, in order to solve it?

Thank you.
I guess that it takes time to update PoSe on dashnodes.com and dashninja.pl but I may be wrong. I also at first thought that a PoSe other than 0 will prevent any payment but, if you read that again carefully, a PoSe score of 6 will prevent a payment. A PoSe score of less than 6 is not an error state.

According to the comment in the source code:
Masternodes in a error state do not receive payment.

And, according to the explanation in dashninja.pl, the error state is a PoSe score of 6. There may be some other reason why you are not getting any payment for a week.

Is the PoSe really working? There are some 0.11.1.25 nodes with a PoSe score of zero. Shouldn't it the obsolete version for MN? The PoSe should be none zero. Any comment on this?

EDIT: I think there is still some bugs in the new code. Perhaps, it has something to do with the updating of activeseconds or PoSe when two MNs are connected as peers during the network scan. I did not read the code. It is just pure speculation. When two MNs are connected, activeseconds on both MNs get updated really quick and the CPU load ramps up very fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi,my mn has updated last night(11.1.27),and it was doing well then! and this morning when I went to check the mn_running situation on the "https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html#mnlistdetail" web,it's gone!!my mn is not existence!!but in the ubuntu(vps) is going well !!
./dashd masternode list|grep "my ip"
"my ip:9999" : "ENABLED"
Why?
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Tencent Files\348708437\Image\C2C\BFGUG(ZXULR_~QA0KJ@[~24.png

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Tencent Files\348708437\Image\C2C\BFGUG(ZXULR_~QA0KJ@[~24.png

I guess that it takes time to update PoSe on dashnodes.com and dashninja.pl but I may be wrong. I also at first thought that a PoSe other than 0 will prevent any payment but, if you read that again carefully, a PoSe score of 6 will prevent a payment. A PoSe score of less than 6 is not an error state.

According to the comment in the source code:
Masternodes in a error state do not receive payment.

And, according to the explanation in dashninja.pl, the error state is a PoSe score of 6. There may be some other reason why you are not getting any payment for a week.

Thank you. I agree with you. I think it's better to wait some more days to see how everything will behave. Meanwhile, I'll keep a close watch on my MN.

hi,my mn has updated last night(11.1.27),and it was doing well then! and this morning when I went to check the mn_running situation on the "https://dashninja.pl/masternodes.html#mnlistdetail" web,it's gone!!my mn is not existence!!but in the ubuntu(vps) is going well !!
Why?

Now mine has also disappeared from the dashninja.pl, but it is OK at the http://dashnodes.com -> PoSe "0"!! :grin:

Why?

The problem it elberths page
dashninja.pl
mine too, all gone this morning,
i double checked on darkchilds page, and everything good and online !!
http://www.dashnodes.com

My nodes were frozen. Updated to .17. Hopefully this version is stable...
A pity we went on mainnet with that freeze problem found on testnet and unfixed... :/

Ahh... I guess I know... To explain this we need to go back in history a bit :) Not so long ago first round was actually a "dirty" mixing - it was a process of creation denoms during that first round. So logic to count rounds was "hey, I found a denom in that tx - that's a mixing". And then we moved to preliminary creation of denominations so that only denominations were legit to enter even first round of mixing. But logic behind round calculation stayed the same and that was ok for that time. New wallet however has a lot more strict rules to that: it count each input independently and do not count them at all if there was even a single nondenom input in that tx. So these "dirty" rounds are completely ignored now. This should be more accurate and secure but you will need to mix a bit more though.
Could you explain more... How can a non-denom input be in a transaction with a denom input? Do we still get these? I thought because DS got changed since around v.11.0.9 that makes denominated inputs to be created at round 0 before they can enter the mixing, but evidently our DS tx's got mixed with non-denoms up to v.11.1.26? I thought the change was only applied to wallets that did DS mixing when they were v.11.0.x, but evidently this is a change for all DS mixing before v.11.2.x, which can be a surprise for some people to see suddenly their DS balance has a significant shrinkage that they weren't aware. Did we have a heads up before this release that somehow many of us missed?

Can someone please explain how to do this manually step by step for linux terminal nooobs, I got quite a few MN that I cant launch becourse im an Idiot that only uses linux to operate my MN

;/ edit
If you don't put out there a complete guide on how idiots like me can update then there is a unfair advantage that follows, IT guys will reap the benefits of fewer MNs while we nooobs try to scramble our shit together to try to update.. Dont assume that everyone that has a MN is a IT pro, rather assume everyone is an idiot.

Did someone link you to this yet?
https://dashtalk.org/threads/reuben...rnodes-from-one-wallet-guide-start-many.4034/

Ask questions, we'll help :) BTW, there is always someone with an advantage. People smarter, faster, luckier, richer, etc.... But look at the bright side, your ahead of at least 99.9% of the world just by being here and participating!

eduffield UdjinM6 crowning snogcel flare

v.0.11.2.17 -> Cosmetic and translation glitches list:

1. Overview tab -> "Try Mix" and "Reset" buttons are NOT disabled when Dash-qt is in the masternode mode.

2. Overview tab -> "out of sync" textbox blocks "Recent transactions" text with certain languages, example Finnish.

3. Overview tab -> Darksend progress bar -> tooltip is NOT translated.

4. Overview tab -> Darksend Mixing -> "Latest Darksend Message" some messages is NOT translated.

5. Send tab -> Send confirm window -> "Yes" and "Cancel" buttons is NOT translated.

6. Receive tab -> Request payment window -> "Close" button is NOT translated.

v.0.11.2.17 -> Cosmetic and translation glitches list:

1. Overview tab -> "Try Mix" and "Reset" buttons are NOT disabled when Dash-qt is in the masternode mode.

They LOOK the same, but they don't start any action...do you get the "Darksend was successfully reset" popup when you click on "Reset"?
Anyway, I've changed it to make things more clear, see https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/296 (commit # 3):

98015cc6-d9ec-11e4-80f0-56d406578cab.png

AjM said:
2. Overview tab -> "out of sync" textbox blocks "Recent transactions" text with certain languages, example Finnish.

I can not reproduce this, even with the smallest possible wallet-size it looks like this:
Finnish.png

Which OS (lemme guess: OSX) and screen-resolution are you using?

AjM said:
3. Overview tab -> Darksend progress bar -> tooltip is NOT translated.

4. Overview tab -> Darksend Mixing -> "Latest Darksend Message" some messages is NOT translated.

5. Send tab -> Send confirm window -> "Yes" and "Cancel" buttons is NOT translated.

6. Receive tab -> Request payment window -> "Close" button is NOT translated.

flare 's job
smilebreit.gif

They LOOK the same, but they don't start any action...do you get the "Darksend was successfully reset" popup when you click on "Reset"?
Anyway, I've changed it to make things more clear, see https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/pull/296 (commit # 3):

98015cc6-d9ec-11e4-80f0-56d406578cab.png

I can not reproduce this, even with the smallest possible wallet-size it looks like this:
View attachment 1269
Which OS (lemme guess: OSX) and screen-resolution are you using?

flare 's job
smilebreit.gif
I checked 1, and you are right, they are indeed disabled. My bad.

2. Maybe this is depending what fonts OS have or not, and maybe my test PC does not have right font.
My OS is win7 x64 and res is 1920x1080.
This is not so serious glitch but check out included pic.
outofsyncblock.png

EDIT: tested 2 with my primary pc (Win7 x64 1920x1080) and there this is ok, no glitch.

Back