• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

11.2 - Dash Release

So, the way to go would be downgrading to the db4.8 adn than try building dashd again?

Yes, I believe so. But before I end up like that, I'd better try everything else.
If you already tried to start incompatible-db daemon then wallet could be already broken and 4.8 will not recognize it either. Do you have any backups before this event (running incompatible daemon)? How old is it?

If you already tried to start incompatible-db daemon then wallet could be already broken and 4.8 will not recognize it either. Do you have any backups before this event (running incompatible daemon)? How old is it?

Yes, I do. I'm doing all this with the backup, which was created on 28.03.2015 by previous darkcoind. I did not perform any modifications to the OS since then.

I'm curious whether it is possible to get my old darkcoind running? I was trying to launch it, but it shows 0 connections to the network.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I do. I'm doing all this with the backup, which was created on 28.03.2015 by previous darkcoind. I did not perform any modifications to the OS since then.

I'm curious whether it is possible to get my old darkcoind running? I was trying to launch it, but it shows 0 connections to the network.
That's good. If there were less than 1000 new addresses created since then (during mixing for example) then you should be good. Backup "broken" wallet somewhere just in case too and then replace it with that backup. Use new binaries or compile with db4.8 and you should get it back live.

Old darkcoind could be on way too low protocol so you should see connection rejections in debug.log or smth like that I guess.

That's good. If there were less than 1000 new addresses created since then (during mixing for example) then you should be good. Backup "broken" wallet somewhere just in case too and then replace it with that backup. Use new binaries or compile with db4.8 and you should get it back live.

Well, the thing is, that all these errors, which I mentioned above, occur when I try to run new binaries with that backup.

Maybe he could use that awesome hot sex script you made that disregards all formatting and spits out PRIVKEYS in all imaginable formats if there is anything at all readable left in wallet.dat?

Sometimes, trying to figure out the details of the screw up, especially with someone who hasn't the foggiest, is a huge waste of time. Just use manly fix and move on.

/me resembles that remark.

There's no substitute for getting a clue. This is not even close to "IT guy territory." Portraying basic entry-level clue as "experts only" demonstrates that the user has an entitlement complex and believes that others are obligated to serve them... Just throw out the script and go back to doing more important things...

************ Dash Release Update : 11.2.17 ************************

- Fixed the "locking up" issue that would cause masternodes to go offline and general instability
- Masternode list changes - Udjin
- Better icon images - Crowning
- Improved Chinese Translation

https://www.dashpay.io/downloads/
Now if only we could stop rushing these releases out of testnet and into the wild. No offense to everyone I mean it's not like we are running and managing a 25 million dollar software project here. Would it kill us to have some proper software development practices?!?! Feature freezes? Unit testing? We do nothing nothing software projects do.

I mean give me a break. How many releases is it going to take before our dev team start taking steps towards improving the professionalism of our releases. Sorry about the rant but this shit drives me up the wall it makes the entire community look sloppy.

Well, the thing is, that all these errors, which I mentioned above, occur when I try to run new binaries with that backup.
ghmm... so... did you create this wallet with db5.1 binaries then? I'll be a bit confused if it's not the case...

Maybe he could use that awesome hot sex script you made that disregards all formatting and spits out PRIVKEYS in all imaginable formats if there is anything at all readable left in wallet.dat?

Sometimes, trying to figure out the details of the screw up, especially with someone who hasn't the foggiest, is a huge waste of time. Just use manly fix and move on.

/me resembles that remark.

There's no substitute for getting a clue. This is not even close to "IT guy territory." Portraying basic entry-level clue as "experts only" demonstrates that the user has an entitlement complex and believes that others are obligated to serve them... Just throw out the script and go back to doing more important things...
That script was for unencrypted wallet only unfortunately...

I have 1 MN with a proof of service score of 1. It seem to be open and very responsive. Do I need to do anything or will it correct back to 0 on its own? Of 5 MNs I only have had 1 go offline and need to be restarted. Everything else seems to be running normal. Windows 7 64bit local and linux VPN.

I've got the same question: how is it that my MN has been receiving PoSe score "1" in both dashnodes.com and dashninja.pl, but when I do a "masternode list pose" on putty I receive "0" as a reply score?

I wonder if I'm doing anything wrong, because I haven't received any other MN payment since march 27 (I've been updating as soon as new releases are published).

Thank you in advance for any help/enlightenment.

On my problematic masternodes, after I try updating I'm still getting the "error: no response from server". I tried remove .dash/.lock, but then got the "
Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dash Core is probably already running.
: Failed to listen on any port. Use -listen=0 if you want this."

What is the appropriate way to move to v17 on these nodes?

On my problematic masternodes, after I try updating I'm still getting the "error: no response from server". I tried remove .dash/.lock, but then got the "
Unable to bind to 0.0.0.0:9999 on this computer. Dash Core is probably already running.

I think you may qualified to use this advise https://dashtalk.org/threads/11-2-dash-release.4515/page-9#post-49441

Report:
After update to v.0.11.2.17 all my MN:s are still online, 3 hours now, looking good so far.
v.0.11.2.16 was dropping off after 20-30 mins.

I don't know the appropriate way, but I ended up manually killing the process and then restarting dashd. Seems to have worked for me.

I don't know the appropriate way, but I ended up manually killing the process and then restarting dashd. Seems to have worked for me.
simply reboot and start with updated ver, I did that way and all works fine now :)

Reactions: AjM
That would work to. But some folks are on VPSs that may reassign the IP address on reboot.
Aaaaa that I didn`t know ;) so for other who can not have the reassigned IP you can do that way :D

Back