• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding Followup

[quote author=Kushedout link=topic=678232.msg10742883#msg10742883 date=1426111797]
[quote author=OrientA link=topic=678232.msg10741527#msg10741527 date=1426103974]
[quote author=dewdeded link=topic=678232.msg10728028#msg10728028 date=1426011658]
Maybe Evan want to move to ring singatures. ;)
[/quote]

He just wants the name Dash.
[/quote]

Well to bad, its already taken, and as someone suggested on IRC, if they take the name DASH, DASHcoin will re-brand itself to DarkCoin. How you like them apples now?
[/quote]

[quote author=prints link=topic=678232.msg10743024#msg10743024 date=1426112686]
Well, at least my beloved DASHcoin gets some attention. No such thing as bad publicity! xD
[/quote]

_________________________________________^^^^^^^^____________^^^^^_
source:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.msg10742883#msg10742883

I think DASH is a Really Bad Idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for the fun of it, I also like this one. Is good to see we have many options to work with.

dash.png
This one is really great. I would tilt it slightly more to suggest speed

Are emotions down btw?

first, i don't think the morse code is dumb, i think it's symbolic of the history or electronic communications and where we've come.

second, i kind of like InstantX as well, IX. "do you accept X? .. yah, do you accept IX here?"

Made acount just to post this.
I love InstantX. I love the idea of separating the network from the coin.
I don't like dash.
I love DRK but I think it will never reach full potential like this.

How come no one took the name Crypto? is it too generic? Good, then call them InstantX cryptos. How about that for a change?
I would buy some InstantX cryptos anyday.
Bye

With respect I am not late at all, I've been a member of Darkcointalk for a year since it began.
But my point is, there are over 2300 masternode holders that have invested a considerable amount of money into this and none of them have been consulted. Its been decided behind our backs and then just put out there. This is tending towards a centralized power base in my opinion and wont stop here.

It is infeasible for MN owners to decide this. I would say at least 40% of Masternodes are managed by a few individuals (5-10) so it isn't like 2000 votes being cast. Also, there isn't a communication system to inform MN owners of a vote or change or whatever, so it would take months to organize that effort. Innovation surrounding Darkcoin can't wait that long.

Newbs will think we're competing with Western Union or something.

We ARE competing with Western Union. InstantX could put them out of business.

http://www.ifad.org/remittances/maps/

EDIT
---------
"Today, the impact of remittances is recognized in all developing regions of the world, constituting an important flow of foreign currency to most countries and directly reaching millions of households – approximately 10 per cent of the world’s population."

How goes the discussion today? I had some family commitments so I haven't been able to read through everything. I did see some cool logo ideas on BCT.

I come in peace, don't flame me please! :smile:

Ok...call out to what is our next step here. I've spent enough time chatting on here. LOL.

But seriously...can someone from the Dev team give us mortals an idea on what is going to happen next and what our timeline is? That would be helpful... Thanks gang!

Give them some time to come together and announce the full plans. The dev team is distributed around the world and can't always meet to discuss changes or future plans all at the same time. There is a lot to figure out with the changes lately so I think we should be patient.

How goes the discussion today? I had some family commitments so I haven't been able to read through everything. I did see some cool logo ideas on BCT.

I come in peace, don't flame me please! :smile:

TaoOfSatoshi On a personal level I really want you to know that I appreciate the work you consistently put in to this project and I really think you are a stand up guy. I am posting this comment in reaction to you using the word "flame", which I hope I have never done. I'll leave my views, which I am likely not done expressing, about whether you and I agree about what is the best method to promote darkcoin out of this comment. My only small suggestion is that you do your best to separate the professional feedback from the flaming, of which you will definitely receive both, having volounteered for such a visible role. :smile:

whow
look at this !
coming around nicely !
I had to disconnect for a day or two as I was totally confused but am 100% back on track here!

that whole terrorist angle is straight nonsense
I checked with an afghani buddy of mine and he said there is ZERO affiliation !
sure if you mispronounce big time maybe but then you can mispronounce ... shell and they are obviously not shelling anybody (maybe with polution and busted pipes a little )

there are still many things to do obviously, statements from evan have to be made , ideas are toast around , plans are slowly in motion !

please be a little more pacient with us, it is all coming together and all voices will be heard ! do not worry !

great community !
great effort !
great team !
let's do it:wink:

It is infeasible for MN owners to decide this. I would say at least 40% of Masternodes are managed by a few individuals (5-10) so it isn't like 2000 votes being cast. Also, there isn't a communication system to inform MN owners of a vote or change or whatever, so it would take months to organize that effort. Innovation surrounding Darkcoin can't wait that long.

do not worry
that is the smallest issue !

there are mailing list and PR will take care of the rest
as I am holding over 2000 MN that will be super easy !!

(I am kidding about the 2000 :wink:)
Edit: or maybe not

Last edited by a moderator:
Back