• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rebranding and Scalability

It would have to be researched. What I like is how it immediately defines the Niche of Ecash. And allows us to seize our space and moat it with first movers advantage, this is critical in business (look it up anyone interested).

And if we are the first to directly use Milton Friedman (his face with the new logo underneath, words both written and spoken, etc...there is a huge resource on youtube at our disposal already) to advertise, then we create a moat protected by Milton Friedman himself, if we get the advertisement out there first and fast and hard, then we can create that link forever. Let Milton Friedman help make it famous by giving it his fame from the very beginning and then also by personifying it this way, attacks against Darkcoin will come off as attacks against Milton Friedmans financial expertise and vision. Expertise which no one can really compare against right now, which gives us an immediate advantage against any conflicting ideology... How perfect, we have the best financial expert Mr. Friedman on record....

We need to use the tail winds and make them ours, lets make Milton Friedman the face of Ecash. I'm sure he would be enchanted to help out. We wont have to pay any celebrities to do commercials for us, plus, we get the celebrity that matters to financial experts, imagine that turning the game into a game where they have to spend their time criticizing Milton's Friedmans vision of the future, which has already happened and is already happening, it will make them look ridiculous, like dinosaurs or sudden ''better than Milton Friedman experts'', btw what do they do? How come we never heard their name? Darkcoin.... Ecash :) Its like a present from the past.
What kind of shit are you smoking?

What kind of shit are you smoking?

Nothing at all !! He is quite sound on that idea. A bit off topic and maybe a little Cheech and Chong lol, but hell yeah!

Working in the entertaintment industry, I got that perfectly!! Like an intro to an informercial thing, documentary, whatever, WHAM !! The "crazy prophet's" word become truth with.... roll in 3D graphics (insert logo)

See the videos, you'll understand! First 2 minutes are build-up, then he'll blow you away. Year 1999.

EDIT:

But yeah, severely off topic. What he says is de facto now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing at all !! He is quite sound on that idea. A bit off topic Cheech and Chong lol, but hell yeah!

Working in the entertaintment industry, I got that perfectly!! Like an intro to an informercial thing, documentary, whatever, WHAM !! The "prohets" word come truth with.... (insert name)

Lok him up!! See the videos!!

:) 1 love molly

tell me you wouldn't like to see a poster at your local mall with Mr. Friedman, a little dialogue bubble with him saying: Use Ecash, Save Money.
With the new Ecash logo on the bottom right corner all nice and shiny with the website and Evan name as head Designer, something like that... I'd love to see that, even if the name Darkcoin were retained.

And I think if people are going to start proposing a bunch of names they could also include exactly how they are going to brand, market and sell it. Why was this name chosen, what was the reason, how do we make it work, which step is first and which comes after that, every single detail. That would be a great suggestion and much more valuable for analysis than just names thrown out there. Oh, and the rule here is you can't say it sounds better because that is subjective: I think, you think... thats a waste of time in the long run, people will always think differently, but that obviously doesn't stop things from succeeding.

Why? How? That's what I would love to hear as an investor. Super Evan and Team surprises aside... lol I'm always blown away :) but what is the game plan and general guiding line for making Darkcoin: Ecash the great success we all know if is destined to become. How does that connect and work out, in detail, with the new name proposed whatever it is... Its usually in the details that things start becoming more clear.

As for creating a new logo or name there is a symbology at play in the world. For example, here in Canada we pay cash, not coin. Use the existing immediate recognition ofthe word cash in peoples minds and then just add the E at the beginning. The E symbolizes a directionality of vibration towards the word cash which serves to enforce absorption of the word cash and all that is associated with it into Ecash.

The other side uses this understanding so I've come to balance the scales a bit simply by sharing the knowledge.
This is beyond most peoples everyday understanding, but here is a link to a video that understands* the concept to those who have the desire to learn or to understand.

Bear with me for a few moments:

See how their hats are like E's, and they swing there head to attack the vibrations. This refers to string theory, what they are doing (basic version) is sending an outward movement of their vibration. The opposite of this if you reverse the direction of the E's in an inbound movement of vibration. Not for everybody.... In this way, someone could immediately see it is easy to add to a word and hard to take away from it... I'll leave it there for now.

Whats great is a word is symbolic of everything it represents, so if we target the very word and add to it. Guess what, it will become very hard to take away from it.

*illustrates

So basically the E represents the direction the shakti flows... Directionality which was created when Milton Friedman created the term(or whoever else did and told him hahaha) Most people would call it prophet yes...

Hooray! Finally.. I believe I had a brief discussion with Evan and Co. About this a year ago. I've always believed as well as my close friends, and I'm on the record stating multiple times here and at the BCT that as a merchant... The name had to change. Many here do not operate brick and mortar business and don't see the reaction consumer had to when we tried to promote Darkcoin. I knew it was only matter of time and I was willing the wait for this day to come. Thanks Evan for taking that big step. Cheers people.

This makes complete sense and I agree with it completely.

Mass adoption, in your dreams. You guys talk like you live in a bubble. Darkcoin has a clear selling point that's being a dark coin. If you are scared of the word dark you might be in the wrong section of the net.

Evan, is that you? https://github.com/dashcoin-dsh
So, is that really set in stone already?

This is the part that offends me. I see you've also registered domain names too.

Evan, you created something amazing in the last year. Yet, you wouldn't of been able to do so without help from a bunch of people along the way. Whether it was development, PR, or even hosting websites.

To leave them out of a simple discussion on one of the largest decisions of this currency is not only insulting but also extremely harmful.

By doing this, you've ostracized some of the strongest supporters of this currency. It should of been thought out at a minimum with all of the developers.

Yeah it has sure been a long debate and I truly believe Evan considered everyone's opinion long and hard before deciding to go a different route. I think the name can still be discussed but the decision of re-branding is really taken and I think we should support him. I truly believe is for the best and a lot of good things will come from this.

Possibly. Yet there cannot be a single person with all the power to make such a paramount decision. More people should of been involved in this. The lack of communication and transparency is staggering.

This is the part that offends me. I see you've also registered domain names too.

Evan, you created something amazing in the last year. Yet, you wouldn't of been able to do so without help from a bunch of people along the way. Whether it was development, PR, or even hosting websites.

To leave them out of a simple discussion on one of the largest decisions of this currency is not only insulting but also extremely harmful.

By doing this, you've ostracized some of the strongest supporters of this currency. It should of been thought out at a minimum with all of the developers.

Possibly. Yet there cannot be a single person with all the power to make such a paramount decision. More people should of been involved in this. The lack of communication and transparency is staggering.

100% agree. It seems like this was only discussed with the foundation board members (some of which are not all that active in the community) and NOT with the other Core devs. That is nonsensical.

If we lose dev talent over this then DRK will much worse off than if we had kept the name and just dealt with uncooperative merchants.

Just like I said on 2 or 3 times here and BTC talk.

When was this ever a discussion, if not now? There was a thread, but like many I ignored because can't be bothered with pure conjecture.
I'm officially part of the extended team, and foundation member, and I was just hit by this news, just like that. What the point then?

I still support name change and think DASH is pretty good, would support a different name as well. I can understand people being upset. I also think the upset people will post 30x more often because they are feeling stronger emotions. A true vote would lead to nothing getting decided, and all possible options have the domain names snatched up by people squatting. I always assumed we would have a name change, and Dash really was the best idea that came out of that name change thread that was months and months and months old. Will the band-aid hurt? Yes! I say let's get on with it, shame we might lose a couple friends along the way, that's life unfortunately :what:

tell me you wouldn't like to see a poster at your local mall with Mr. Friedman, a little dialogue bubble with him saying: Use Ecash, Save Money.
With the new Ecash logo on the bottom right corner all nice and shiny with the website and Evan name as head Designer, something like that... I'd love to see that, even if the name Darkcoin were retained..
I like the idea of framing "Ecash" as an ideological successor to Friedman's ideas, but plastering his face all over everything and implying his endorsement is probably a bit much.

I like the idea of framing "Ecash" as an ideological successor to Friedman's ideas, but plastering his face all over everything and implying his endorsement is probably a bit much.

hahaha I'm throwing all the most outrageous ideas I can think of out there as long as they make sense... Hes our first celebrity endorser, he called it, I wonder how many other economists will come and say they agree over time :) It could create huge support for the idea and give us huge legitimacy.

I don't really think that the fact that he registered domains for the name he was going to publicly propose is disrespectful in any way. I didn't know he was going to propose a name change today, but I quickly went to see if he had taken important measures like registering the important domains we would need. I assume he plans to transfer those domains to the operators like Propulsion. Do you really see an option where he can propose a name without taking basic precautions like this, those domains would be registered by squatters in five minutes.

In my case I am happy the name is changing so I guess the announcement is good news to me. But honestly trying to vote on this or reach a consensus would be utterly impossible, I guess we have been expressing our opinions for months maybe since very early in the project. I think this is a very sensitive situation and trying to have some empathy with Evan I don't think there is any option in which something like this would not be controversial.

I don't really think that the fact that he registered domains for the name he was going to publicly propose is disrespectful in any way. I didn't know he was going to propose a name change today, but I quickly went to see if he had taking important measures like registering the important domains we would need. I assume he plans to transfer those domains to the operators like Propulsion. Do you really see an option where he can propose a name without taking basic precautions like this, those domains would be registered by squatters in five minutes.

In my case I am happy the name is changing so I guess the announcement is good news to me. But honestly trying to vote on this or reach a consensus would be utterly impossible, I guess we have been expressing our opinions for months maybe since very early in the project. I think this is a very sensitive situation and trying to have some empathy with Evan I don't think there is any option in which something like this would not be controversial.

At least all the active devs should of been talked to about this. Once again, at a minimum.

At least all the active devs should of been talked to about this. Once again, at a minimum.

At the very least, without doubt.
I obviously do exclude myself despite being up there in the extended team, but not as foundation member (until proper statutes are enabled)

But all in all, after all this heat and pure speculation, can we tone it down and notch an hear from Evan? Maybe he's been glued to his coding machine, as usual, and maybe just fell asleep and is going to have a mini heart-attack himself when he wakes up and realizes his very probable wrong word choice!

I've bought e few domains 'cos they were cheap and I had a cool idea... those projects never went through, but I bought them cos they was so cheap... as motivation or market strategy. Doesn't mean a thing.

Evan has always listened to us, this would be a a first.

He ONLY said he would like to rebrand, and is considering Dash. That is all. I think we should all take a few minutes to re-read the OP.

Chill out, he's no Mr. Spread.

I know the correlation between companies and coins is hardly exact, but it's hard to imagine a company who's had three different names within the span of little more than a year.

All the other changes sound fascinating! Can't wait to see what Evan and Co. pull out of their sleeve this time.

I don't really think that the fact that he registered domains for the name he was going to publicly propose is disrespectful in any way. I didn't know he was going to propose a name change today, but I quickly went to see if he had taken important measures like registering the important domains we would need. I assume he plans to transfer those domains to the operators like Propulsion. Do you really see an option where he can propose a name without taking basic precautions like this, those domains would be registered by squatters in five minutes.

That's exactly it... leave it to community vote and all those options would have been snatched up instantly. Eye on the prize. Darkcoin and its all boys club (+ moli and tante) isn't going to be the kind of game changing platform for future adoption.

Such melodrama. Evan said they were "investigating" changing the name to Dash, not that it was foregone conclusion. The fact that they've secured naming rights and such just means they're planning ahead in case it does happen. I have no doubt Evan planned to consult the devs and community before making a final decision (although I personally would have handled it differently).

Such melodrama. Evan said they were "investigating" changing the name to Dash, not that it was foregone conclusion. The fact that they've secured naming rights and such just means they're planning ahead in case it does happen. I have no doubt Evan planned to consult the devs and community before making a final decision.

Blame people here for acting like it was a final decision and like we're supposed to go ahead with marketing the new name. First time that I've ever considered dumping my Darkcoin (except while trading)

Such melodrama. Evan said they were "investigating" changing the name to Dash, not that it was foregone conclusion. The fact that they've secured naming rights and such just means they're planning ahead in case it does happen. I have no doubt Evan planned to consult the devs and community before making a final decision (although I personally would have handled it differently).

Agreed - so many people jump off a cliff without even thinking. This is still under review.

I dont think Evan would do something immediate like this. He said he likes the name but its in no way set in stone.

There will be a brainstorming phase for sure...calm down peeps lol

EDIT: and my 2c is that we need to change the name, but not to Dash...something that sounds more sleek and rolls off the tongue better

Honestly don't care what it's called as long as the developers continue to make a coin that is more anonymous than others. Anonymity is what brought me here, it's also what will keep me here.

Back