• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Darkcoin Foundation Is Open for Business

moli

https://www.darkcoin.io/news/the-darkcoin-foundation-is-open-for-business/

gNLE5Xr.jpg

Posted by Evan Duffield on December 6, 2014
We are thrilled to begin admitting members to the Darkcoin Foundation today. We are asking for your money in the form of both dues and donations, so an explanation is in order.

The Foundation

The Foundation is an Arizona nonprofit corporation and future 501(c)(6) organization (hopefully–we are in the process of applying for recognition of exemption). Its purpose is to promote, protect and standardize Darkcoin. The Foundation doesn’t own the Darkcoin project–the community does. The Foundation is here to help. We believe that organizing fundraising efforts will be beneficial, but everyone is free to continue contributing in whatever manner is most convenient.

We have broken down the broad mission of promoting, protecting and standardizing Darkcoin into more specific objectives:

1. Support the development of the Darkcoin protocol. We must ensure that the development team has the resources it needs to maintain Darkcoin’s status as the most innovative cryptocurrency in the world.

2. Empower the community. Many members of the community already perform valuable tasks. Our goal is to assist them in as many ways as possible.

3. Educate the public. We will engage in educational and promotional activities in an effort to bring Darkcoin to a much wider audience.

4. Represent. The Foundation can speak for Darkcoin when and where such representation is appropriate.

Becoming a Member

There are two types of members: individual and industry. Individual members can choose to pay dues annually or become lifetime members. Both people and entities can become industry members. Neither class of members receives any perks, really, other than the right to vote for board directors (this may change when Darkcoin is on its way toward world domination). For now, it’s best to think of membership as an act of support.

We feel membership should be within the reach of as many people as possible, so one can join for as little as 10 DRK. This doesn’t mean that we can’t use additional funds–if you are able and willing, please consider donating more. If you aren’t interested in becoming a member but would like to donate, that is completely OK, too.

We want to be very open with the community, so please, feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. It’s your foundation. Propulsion has agreed to create a subforum on Darkcointalk.org for Foundation-specific discussions. This forum will be open to the public, but only members will be able to post.

The Internals

The Foundation is governed by its bylaws and a conflict of interest policy. These documents are available on our site for anyone that is interested. The board of directors holds meetings periodically, and is in regular contact when they are not meeting.

Foundation funds will be stored in multisignature wallets and all Foundation addresses will be public. Darkcoins will not be anonymized, so everyone will be able to see how they are being spent. Bitcoins will not be anonymized either … not that this is even possible!

Yours truly,

The Darkcoin Foundation Board of Directors

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a huge step forward for the infrastructure of Darkcoin and the successful management of the community.

This entire project keeps going from strength to strength, makes me very proud to be associated with it.

This is a huge step forward for the infrastructure of Darkcoin and the successful management of the community.

This entire project keeps going from strength to strength, makes me very proud to be associated with it.
So are you going to sign up? :smile:
I like the last paragraph of that announcement...
Foundation funds will be stored in multisignature wallets and all Foundation addresses will be public. Darkcoins will not be anonymized, so everyone will be able to see how they are being spent. Bitcoins will not be anonymized either … not that this is even possible!
:cool: :grin:

Well Well done !
This is a very important step for DRK and the community !

Tx to the crew to make this happen !
now i gotta find some coins to make a lifetime membership happen ....>>

This looks amazing. Rather embarassingly I'll have to muse on whether I can afford 10 DRK or not for now. Hopefully a rather temporary problem. But loving it!

Despite privacy concerns, I joined as lifetime member today, because so many key members of the community are not hiding their identity. But certainly it's everyones right to stay in the dark, so take my vote for a pseudonymous membership.

We have opened the Foundation to new members, you can find most of the info in the foundation's website (https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/).

There is a short summary on the launching post in the blog over there (https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/blog/the-darkcoin-foundation-is-open-for-business/) that covers what is the foundation, what it will do and how we'll work.

Please, visit us, question us and consider becoming a member. Help us bring Darkcoin to its full potential.

Edit: I've merged threads, this was the first post on the other one :)

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield : the foundation-site does not mention its privacy policy. Before I disclose my private address I'd like to know more about how this information is used, who can see it and so on.

To be honest, I was surprised that a potential Darkcoin Foundation Member is asked to provide all those sensitive information but Who said you have to give your real address, name, private email etc? ;)

To be honest, I was surprised that a potential Darkcoin Foundation Member is asked to provide all those sensitive information but Who said you have to give your real address, name, private email etc? ;)
Do you have a fake address in Russia that I can borrow? :grin:

Back