• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest test wallet, changed the threshold to 100 and 6 rounds. The 78 or so I had anon'd are back in the normal balance. No denominating for the past 2 hours. I have seen it say idle, your transaction was accepted into pool, and submitted to masternode (1/2).

Still no progress.

OK, I have a problem.

Scenario:
Using version 10.13.1, I had taken 1000tDRK from the faucet, set Darksend to 8 rounds and amount to keep anonymized 800tDRK. Everything went well, after less than 2 hours the wallet anonymized the whole 1000tDRK. Then I sent 26tDRK anonymous back to the faucet, all good.

Then version 10.13.2 came out so I updated, went to the faucet and grabbed additional 3000tDRK, since I had my setting to keep anonymized at 800tdrk I figured I would go in and change that to 2000tDRK instead. When I hit apply on the settings screen, the wallet freezed.

View attachment 397
I had to force quit, when I ran the wallet again, it open up OK, I went again to settings clicked OK and it froze again:

View attachment 398

Now it freezes every time I go to Options and press OK until I have to force quit.

Edit: If I just leave it open without going into Options, it wont freeze but Darksend stays idle.
Edit2: Just posted on Jira, I hope it helps.
Same issue. Just saw this post after updating to Jira. Ooops
http://i.imgur.com/mg4kEzg.png?1

I love, love, love the latest windows wallet!!! It's so cool to watch the anonymizing progress bar. Got 999 drk anonymized with 8 rounds in about 33 minutes! This is a big improvement! Just hope that this will be happening on Main Net, then this will be huge, like being struck by fast lightning! LOL...

upload_2014-9-5_0-45-16.png

The 999 drk got anonymized before the last Darksend Denominate finished its 6 confirmations:

upload_2014-9-5_0-48-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-5_0-46-59.png
    upload_2014-9-5_0-46-59.png
    203.2 KB · Views: 68
Waiting for this RC5 wallet to generate the original 1000 keys and trying to still use your computer while you wait 10-15 mins is pretty tough. That window is stuck exactly in the middle of your entire workflow. Not sure if it's worth anything because it only happens once but does that have to be stuck in your face. Once you realize you have the progress bar its almost desirable to be able to minimize that window to still use your machine while you wait.

I love this new pop-up upon first open! This makes the wallet so much more user friendly!
kLFup0eKxClqR-J_yIOS1NXd4wqK8k-iJ506nhmxhdM.png

Waiting for this RC5 wallet to generate the original 1000 keys and trying to still use your computer while you wait 10-15 mins is pretty tough. That window is stuck exactly in the middle of your entire workflow. Not sure if it's worth anything because it only happens once but does that have to be stuck in your face. Once you realize you have the progress bar its almost desirable to be able to minimize that window to still use your machine while you wait.

Not to be rude, but how old is your computer? It took me about 1 minute to generate the keys for a new wallet. And this was while I was downloading the Bitcoin blockchain...

I am thinking you are a bit of a edge case.

It's pretty shitty. Can't see it in the pic but it has a 3TB fusion drive as well. I did have both the dogecoin and litecoin wallets open and syncing the block chain and they both hadn't been open for a while. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. It did seem to take a while but I hadn't done a fresh wallet with 13.2 yet.
oN7zp6Sztp54VKsr4cBEv8ziDkKuleQRYGGC25ojtZA.png

It's pretty shitty. Can't see it in the pic but it has a 3TB fusion drive as well. I did have both the dogecoin and litecoin wallets open and syncing the block chain and they both hadn't been open for a while. Not sure if that had anything to do with it. It did seem to take a while but I hadn't done a fresh wallet with 13.2 yet.
View attachment 406
There is a known issue with "old" wallet.dat file format created from a pre RC4 v30 version, where the CPU load is quite high during startup. Usually you can work around this by wiping the wallet.dat (don't forget to transfer your coins out!) and let the wallet create a new wallet.dat on next startup.

Evan is still looking at this, and trying to profile what is actually going on as a lot of users are affected by this.

--> http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-47

Ok then, it is not your computer...

Was the test wallet from before rc4 v30? That was the cause of slowdowns for many people.

Ok then, it is not your computer...

Was the test wallet from before rc4 v30? That was the cause of slowdowns for many people.
Nope this was an entirely fresh everything. Though I'm not 100% sure it was horribly slow just due to the wallet. The system was busy at the time and had come off a reboot only 30 minutes before I noticed after the post that spotlight was also re-indexing. Regardless of machine this might have more been a disk io issue then a wallet issue in this case.

I assume the error shown in the screenshot is because I have not included the mining fee? If so, maybe a more explanatory error message would be good.

Capture.JPG

If you click on inputs does it give you a figure for potential fees?
whoops already sent anon funds. Will darksend some more and try it again. I ended up reducing the send amount by .01 and then it allowed the transaction with a fee of .006

eduffield May I please make a minor feature request?

For people who run multiple masternodes and subsequently run multiple local wallets on the same device it would be really useful if there was a text box in the QT settings which would allow you to append an identifier to the title bar text such as "QT MN1" etc to avoid confusion when starting and stopping the correct masternode

linux qt client doesn't seem to be generating the 1001 keys, just 101.
eduffield May I please make a minor feature request?

For people who run multiple masternodes and subsequently run multiple local wallets on the same device it would be really useful if there was a text box in the QT settings which would allow you to append an identifier to the title bar text such as "QT MN1" etc to avoid confusion when starting and stopping the correct masternode
I think a better way of doing this is just stick in a file selector dialogue, so you can load 'mnXwallet.dat' / 'mnXdarkcoin.conf' or whatever you've called them.

You can already use the -datadir switch, but that has problems in that the wallet then wants to d/l the blockchain to that datadir before it's uptodate and ready, I suppose you could put symlinks to the rest of the stuff in .darkcoin in the datadir containing your MN wallet.dat and .conf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back