• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What would you like to see changed/implemented on New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
hm.. I don feel like Media/Media looks good.... How about adding a bit more consistency? :rolleyes:
I think we should structure them by content type because some like to read, some to listen and some to watch even if it's all the same content (or it could depend on amount of time/interest you have at some point of a time for example). So maybe like this vvvv?

Media:
- Articles/News (including text versions of Podcasts and Video shows if there are any)
- Audio Podcasts (including audio versions of Video Shows if there are some if there are any)
- Video Shows

in 'process'
as i totally messed this up :( !

sorry - am working on a fix
will be done soon :rolleyes:

Just noted one thing and realized that that was the one annoying me but I wasn't able to figure out what's wrong :D
When you start scrolling top menu (forum, members,...) and submenu (mark forums read, search forums,...) stick to the top and overlap the content. BUT if you keep scrolling a bit submenu suddenly disappears and to get to it you need to scroll all the way up again. Can we pls make submenu stay on top (visible) together with top menu when you scroll down? :rolleyes:

Hi Tungfa & all,
Just noticed that IDN emails are not accepted in the “Settings > Contact details” page, even in standard (Puny-encoded) form.

In other words, I might understand that the forum software chokes on “somebody@café.com”.
But I don't understand why it keeps saying “Please enter a valid email” if I type “[email protected]” — because it is a valid email…

Any thoughts?

Hi Tungfa & all,
Just noticed that IDN emails are not accepted in the “Settings > Contact details” page, even in standard (Puny-encoded) form.

In other words, I might understand that the forum software chokes on “somebody@café.com”.
But I don't understand why it keeps saying “Please enter a valid email” if I type “[email protected]” — because it is a valid email…

Any thoughts?

no idea to be honest
we need @moocowmoo for that question

^^Title.

What changes, suggestions, or improvements would you like seen for the forums?

Alternatively, what do you dislike?

(All comments from old thread were used for new forum)
As a new member, I was searching for an area just named "newbies" where brand new users could informally introduce themselves and provide some anecdote about how they found Dash, where they've been and what they're doing with Dash. It could be a way to create a little more interactivity within the site. That's my two cents, and maybe there's a place already called NEWBIE that I missed...

hm.. I don feel like Media/Media looks good.... How about adding a bit more consistency? :rolleyes:
I think we should structure them by content type because some like to read, some to listen and some to watch even if it's all the same content (or it could depend on amount of time/interest you have at some point of a time for example). So maybe like this vvvv?

Media:
- Articles/News (including text versions of Podcasts and Video shows if there are any)
- Audio Podcasts (including audio versions of Video Shows if there are some if there are any)
- Video Shows
dada.jpg

Would like to see quick chat option!

Last edited:
Hi all,

It seems that when you sign up for this forum your full birth date is publicly shown on your profile, which could be a privacy/security issue, especially in a crypto-community. I only realized this recently and had to manually hide it from my profile.

Could the forum setting be changed so that birth dates are private by default?

Thanks,
Nuancer

Hello, I just post a new thread and I realized I could post it here, sorry for my mistake. My suggestion is to change the "Alert" name for "Notifications", because I think "Alert" is more used for emergency cases. Just that.

Thanks

Hello, I just post a new thread and I realized I could post it here, sorry for my mistake. My suggestion is to change the "Alert" name for "Notifications", because I think "Alert" is more used for emergency cases. Just that.

Thanks

no need tbh
we have no complains about this for the last 4 years
no need to fix something which is not broken
:D

Forum is very intuitive. The gui design is easy to manage. No complaints, perhaps the color of the lettering at the header which is light blue should be lighter given some may have a hard time distinguishing from a quick glance.

@tungfa
Hi! :) I have 3 to start. Thanks for asking!

1) PRIORITY: Would you please add a "Complaints / Issues" sub-section to the "Budgets Discussion" Section?
[It would make it easier for resolution, prevention, notification, de-funding, or banning, a.s.a.p.] (please see my private conversation)

2) PLEASE 'darken' the 'barely there gray' options in the top-right drop-down menu when user name clicked;

3) Please add 'user tips and definitions' on how to use forum. I searched forum, forum provider, and googled, and still can't figure some things out under user profile settings, how to reply with quotes options, where and how to post correctly....

Nice forum! Thanks! How new is it?

Short-cuts for: log-out? start/view conversations?
Add 5-10 'new' posts length on home page
Don't stop new posts at 5 pages (how do we see all ever posted? or at least 10-30 pages)

Please! Thank you! Appreciated!!! :)

@tungfa
Hi! :) I have 3 to start. Thanks for asking!

1) PRIORITY: Would you please add a "Complaints / Issues" sub-section to the "Budgets Discussion" Section?
[It would make it easier for resolution, prevention, notification, de-funding, or banning, a.s.a.p.] (please see my private conversation)

2) PLEASE 'darken' the 'barely there gray' options in the top-right drop-down menu when user name clicked;

3) Please add 'user tips and definitions' on how to use forum. I searched forum, forum provider, and googled, and still can't figure some things out under user profile settings, how to reply with quotes options, where and how to post correctly....

Nice forum! Thanks! How new is it?

Short-cuts for: log-out? start/view conversations?
Add 5-10 'new' posts length on home page
Don't stop new posts at 5 pages (how do we see all ever posted? or at least 10-30 pages)

Please! Thank you! Appreciated!!! :)

@v2nek
ty

Hi! :)
I thought it might be helpful if posts in threads had their own subject line....which showed up in new postings.

headlines inside threads ?
too much - there is a thread with a headline and people reply to that as that is the subject and what that thread is about

if u need another thread with a different headline u need to start a new one (getting too complicate otherwise ; )

headlines inside threads ?
too much - there is a thread with a headline and people reply to that as that is the subject and what that thread is about

if u need another thread with a different headline u need to start a new one (getting too complicate otherwise ; )

Hi. Thanks for your reply. :)
Just FYI: Another Forum had it...and it was helpful.
Just wanted to give you an example. Hope you don't mind.
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/help-for-dash-master-nodes-proposal-owners.37656/#post-186538
I could add post title as: DashWatch and InstantKarmaFund

I wanted to keep all my info in one place. Keep it stream-line and efficient and more organized. Would like my polls in one place, too. [All same subject: to help MNs and POs]

But, I accept your decision. Thank you. :)
Appreciate you. You seem super-busy. Perhaps even over-loaded? Sorry. :( Best Wishes. :)

ps: replies had previews, too. i don't see that here. just fyi. ;) thanks :)

This is one of the best forums I have even been. As per my point of view, the GUI can be changed! I think you can make it even more attractive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back