• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getfreedash for Nigeria, Kenya , India and others at $2 per user, looking for partners to join me

how much dash should we spend on this New Getfreedash proposal per month ?

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 2 18.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 1000+

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

hi guys

First of all thanks for your wonderful support for Getfreedash for venezuela , it feels really wonderful to see getfreedash go viral in venezuela

we want to carry forward this momentum to other countries where cyptocurrency adoption is pretty high.

Our new plan is to roll out an android app and give away $2( 1 for sign up and $1 for referral ) for every user who sign ups.

users just need to enter their phone number and get verified (which happens really quickly thanks to a new ground breaking technology called flash call https://www.sinch.com/products/verification/flash-call-verification/. ) ,
apart from that we will also extract other details like IMEI, Android ID from the background which uniquely identify a phone ( @DeepBlue thanks for the IMEI idea :) )

so the overall time taken to onboard user would be few secs ,as you can imagine that would be wonderful in terms of user experience.

as you can understand , no one would want to buy new phones just for claiming free $2 and as informed earlier there is a hard limit on number of sims you can get per person in all these countries so even determined hackers don't have it very easy.

I am looking for some partners to join in me in this exercise , preferably some one from dash CORE , the job is to just to verify results and handle the money , i will take care of rest.

Imagine news headlines saying , Dash aims to bring millions of users per month into cryptocurrencies , this would surely push our price to the moon :)

let me know what you think of this one, with this plan we can bring in millions of users seamlessly.

Last edited:
Okay, some questions.

Why are you switching from 50ct sign up + 50ct referral to a flat 2$.

Would you start this in all the countries you mentioned? What about Ghana we have quite a bit of activity there as well.

Any plans to work with already existing proposals in those regions?

I'd of course like to see this proposal expand to other countries but there are a lot of things to consider to do it effectively and efficiently.

Regarding the amount to spend on this. I'd like to see how much and how quickly we can spend it in Venezuela.

Hey hi

Yes we would Ghana as well and any other African countries .

The giveaway is $1 for sign up and $1 for referral else it's not good enough for these countries

I think expanding your campaign into other countries is a great idea, but before that let's see how you do with a full month of funding in Venezuela.

You are on fire. Let's do a greatt job in Venezuela. I know we will make it more viral than before. As I stated before, in Dash Help Venezuela we will do an outbound campaign promoting the getfreedash referral system. There are somethings that has to be made before we can start (i.e: improvements of the website), but once dashmaximalist do this, we are ready to roll

I think expanding your campaign into other countries is a great idea, but before that let's see how you do with a full month of funding in Venezuela.
our monthly target is 50,000 users we have acquired 45000 users already , by the end of the month we could cross 100,000 users :)

our monthly target is 50,000 users we have acquired 45000 users already , by the end of the month we could cross 100,000 users :)

How is the scaling going for Venezuela, I would advise making sure you are able to keep up before piling on more countries.

I voted 300 DASH because I would like to see how well this takes off in the other regions. If it really takes flight then I see no reason the following month cannot be much higher.

I will be supporting this mate, well done!
Thanks @yocko for your support. Just to be clear , we wont post this proposal until like 20th of March so by that time we would have plenty of experience running the current proposal and getfreedash app for venezuela .. so yeah we will put those results out and you can decide after that. having said that, getfreedash is arguably one of the cheapest way to acquire users and most MNOs agree to that , so we should do it with full force , not purse change. I am very happy for some one from Core to join me and run this together. No issues what so ever.

All want is to see is every crypto media outlet go gaga about how Dash is adding millions of users per month

How is the scaling going for Venezuela, I would advise making sure you are able to keep up before piling on more countries.

we are doing ok , we are getting about 3000-4000 users per day now , the payments happen in batches of 500 each . so its not a big deal , the biggest issue right now is not having enough dash to pay them all , i have requested an urgent loan of 50 dash from the Dash Core before we get paid from the treasury.

You know I love your proposal:)
Some questions:
Why do you feel 1$ per sign up is not enough? You experienced first hand how quickly these numbers can get out of control, why would you assume otherwise in the next proposed countries?

Don’t you think you should first focus on Venezuela where people are arguably needing a currency Alternative the most right now before focussing on other countries? Why not achieve critical mass there first with maybe 5 mln signups? “Proof of mass Adoption” would also make some great headlines;)

Regarding funds requested I would support you requesting up to 50% of the budget, since your system is by far the most effective way to get people started using dash

thanks a lot for your support :)

Why do you feel 1$ per sign up is not enough? You experienced first hand how quickly these numbers can get out of control, why would you assume otherwise in the next proposed countries?
we did try just $1 in total for India and it didn't work , the reason it didn't work is , its not too attractive for people in India i guess , in venezuela , the hyperinflation has effectively made the currency worthless so every dollar goes a very long way. so we need to look at figures based on the geographies we are targeting - even though this sounds a bit discriminatory. what works is $2 for developing countries , $5-10 for iOS users in developed countries.

having said that , yes i would love to see few million users from venezuela sign up , absolutely, i am all in for that ( to be clear that was my idea all along back when i proposed it 6 months back )

lastly, i agree that people should take getfreedash more seriously , as it is one of the most effective and cheapest ways to get people into dash ecosystem, however lot of people probably don't like to spend 50% of treasury budget on such a simple strategy i guess. It's simplicity is its weakness :(

Back