• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK after some testing - I am hoping there can be some further optimisation to the inputs that are automatically selected when NOT using coin control to manually select inputs for darksend+.
1) I tried to darksend 26 tDRK to a brand new wallet and it asked me for a transaction fee.
U5LPIAc.png

2) I then found that when using the auto select of anon inputs, it would use the following inputs (10+10+1+1+1+1+1+1+1) which was causing it to be over the transaction size limit, hence the fee.
3) I then went in and manually selected the 100 tDark input. As its just a single input and under the transaction limit size there was no transaction fee.

Is it possible to update the logic in the code to try and avoid using multiple inputs to make up the send amount, which will cause transaction fee's? A transaction fee should only be required when there are no other single inputs to use and has to combine multiple.
Înteresting... I just followed your instruction and did it. Thank you!

Can someone intentionally generate collateral fees? I attempted to do this (turning off wallet during denomination) but failed :)
I don't think we can "intentionally" create a lateral fee. I closed my wallet while it was doing the denomination and then opened it back up and then an hour later I started to get collateral fees, still not quite sure why.
Anyways, just darksent you 20,000 tdrk. Let me know if you have to pay any fee in receiving it. thanks :)

Hi Guys,
It seems one collateral fee happened here when i run my linux qt with 8 rounds denomination. (10.12.16)
snapshot18.png

and here is the tx: 465592a5e87de0a8f8817732f6fa93dbbd33fc440a6128b0089f8427716cadb4-000

Hope that may help.

Edit:
BTW: nearly 26k tDRK will finish denomination with 8 rounds, and waiting for furthur testing.:wink:
snapshot19.png

OK after some testing - I am hoping there can be some further optimisation to the inputs that are automatically selected when NOT using coin control to manually select inputs for darksend+.
1) I tried to darksend 26 tDRK to a brand new wallet and it asked me for a transaction fee.
U5LPIAc.png

2) I then found that when using the auto select of anon inputs, it would use the following inputs (10+10+1+1+1+1+1+1+1) which was causing it to be over the transaction size limit, hence the fee.
3) I then went in and manually selected the 100 tDark input. As its just a single input and under the transaction limit size there was no transaction fee.

Is it possible to update the logic in the code to try and avoid using multiple inputs to make up the send amount, which will cause transaction fee's? A transaction fee should only be required when there are no other single inputs to use and has to combine multiple.

Yah, this is what I've been trying to say :)

Also - when I darksend, if I try to make another darksend straight after, I get an error:
This is due to it sending all the available inputs to be re-denominated again after the first darksend. Is this by design?
I thought it shouldnt need to re-denominate all the inputs which were not used as inputs in the first transaction and are at 8 darkrounds - unless it did used them in some way for the first darksend transaction?
P5x4Ipi.png

GosPhmg.png

Send button should be deactivated if use anonymous funds is selected and anonymizing process is uncomplete.
Also anonymizing process should start when needed, now it seems start only after restarting program.

EDIT:
And send page need anonymized balance also.

Send button should be deactivated if use anonymous funds is selected and anonymizing process is uncomplete.
Also anonymizing process should start when needed, now it seems start only after restarting program.

EDIT:
And send page need anonymized balance also.
I don't think the send button should be deactivated if you do have some anonymised funds that you can select manually in coin control, but yeah it should be greyed out if you have none or if you're trying to send more than you have. And I agree about the anonymised balance being displayed somewhere outside of coin control in the Send tab - this is where you need the information, more so than the Overview tab even.

It just seems that - for the little person - the cost to SEND and RECEIVE - the cost goes WAY up per percentages.....

Should this not be the other way around?

Free if small DRK sent and huge fees if large DRK sent?
on a running scale?

If we're gonna FREE the world with e-cash - why do the big spenders get the near free ride?
While use little guys get treated like we always have? Screwed with huge percentages per DRK to SEND and RECEIVE?

Help me out here Evan......

There has to be a way to charge the small guys less and the PHAT CATS more.

It isn't the fee's purpose to reach into peoples' pockets but to make the network work properly. It's as low as technically practical. For anyone.
Basically you want the same service to cost more than what it's worth just because the person using it could afford that.

Also... Even if you paid 0.01 in fees for denominating your 35 DRK, that'd be 0.0286% or 5.7cents per $200. Which I'd consider basically free.

I don't think the send button should be deactivated if you do have some anonymised funds that you can select manually in coin control, but yeah it should be greyed out if you have none or if you're trying to send more than you have. And I agree about the anonymised balance being displayed somewhere outside of coin control in the Send tab - this is where you need the information, more so than the Overview tab even.
Sure, if you have allready anon funds, then send button is usable, if there is enough to send,
i was talking when you dont have any anon funds.

1) I tried to darksend 26 tDRK to a brand new wallet and it asked me for a transaction fee. (0.007 tDRK)

Meaning you sent 74 tDRK to yourself which will now be redenominated again. Which costs you time and approximately 0.007 tDRK ;)

I take this back, works ok.

-Started clean wallet, sync.
-Sync done, wallet crypted.
-Sent from faucet 1ktDRK.
-After about 40 mins, 6 confirmations completed and anon process started.

Meaning you sent 74 tDRK to yourself which will now be redenominated again. Which costs you time and approximately 0.007 tDRK ;)
Very interesting - I had not thought about it from this perspective. If this is the case, perhaps its more of a perception thing :) - thanks!

U5LPIAc.png

Another approach to lowering the average transaction size would be to re-consider the denomination sizes. I recall there was a binary tree being tested a few weeks back (0.001, 0.002, 0.004, 0.008, 0.016,..., 0.001 * 2^20). If the denominations were 'snapped to grid' on a decade scale you could have (0.001, 0.002, 0.005, 0.01, 0.02, 0.05 etc) which is a little cleaner and very similar to the US dollar denominations.
Then your 26 tDRK transaction would be (20+5+1) which is 3 inputs instead of 9. If the denominations of 2's were moved to 2.5's (e.g. as used in the George Washington quarter dollar) your 26 tDRK transaction would be (25+1).

I take this back, works ok.

-Started clean wallet, sync.
-Sync done, wallet crypted.
-Sent from faucet 1ktDRK.
-After about 40 mins, 6 confirmations completed and anon process started.

Continue...
-Anon process is complete in few mins (rounds 2).
-But why anon fee is taken two times?
fees2.png

Continue...
-Anon process is complete in few mins (rounds 2).
-But why anon fee is taken two times?
fees2.png

Because it is a 0.001 DRK fee per round. Currently that is about 0.5 cents (and it can be lowered in the future if DRK's price really blows up). Small price to pay to avoid DOS and bloat attacks.

Reactions: AjM
Because it is a 0.001 DRK fee per round. Currently that is about 0.5 cents (and it can be lowered in the future if DRK's price really blows up). Small price to pay to avoid DOS and bloat attacks.
aaah, ok.

EDIT: maybe fee type info column can include round number, ex: Darksend denominate Round 1 and 2 and so on....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back