• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, we are due delivering 0.9.11.7 and 0.10.11.7 for Mac...

+1 I'm comfortable working around the font issue but when I introduced my wife to the wallet yesterday (I gave her a node as a present!) she was very nervous with not being able to see the addresses despite being comfortable with other coin wallets. I can imagine it would freak total newcomers.

I'm trying to setup a local/remote MN with Win client 0.10.12.14 as local wallet. I disabled denomination with darksendrounds=0. After receiving 1000 tDRK it gets immediately splitted into 13 new inputs. The denomination however does not take place, but the funds are useless for MN activation. How can I disable splitting of incoming funds?

I'm trying to setup a local/remote MN with Win client 0.10.12.14 as local wallet. I disabled denomination with darksendrounds=0. After receiving 1000 tDRK it gets immediately splitted into 13 new inputs. The denomination however does not take place, but the funds are useless for MN activation. How can I disable splitting of incoming funds?
Try setting

Code:
enabledaemondarksend=false

in darkcoin.conf

EDIT: Does not work for me either ^^ Seems we need a switch to turn it off in GUI version too

I agree. It is fundamental people have control over their funds entirely. For instance, I dont need D+ at all right now. Maybe tomorrow I will.
I'm happy to report its been quite a few hours now, and no collateral (knock on wood). But if I were a regular DRK user, and updated, and saw this, I would immediately FREAK out!

HHk68OK.png

Not strictly an RC4 issue but I was actuallly referring to this problem with the Mac wallet. Its a font packaging issue I think. I completely agree that the n/a is disconcerting too though!

screen-shot-2014-07-09-at-11-31-23-am-png.219

Not strictly an RC4 issue but I was actuallly referring to this problem with the Mac wallet. Its a font packaging issue I think. I completely agree that the n/a is disconcerting too though!

screen-shot-2014-07-09-at-11-31-23-am-png.219
This has been addressed a few weeks ago already and will be fixed in the next version afaik.

This has been addressed a few weeks ago already and will be fixed in the next version afaik.
That is correct. It was addressed a few weeks back. I've tested the next version already with flare and the font issues are addressed. It is unfortunate that we're still distributing the version with the fonts issue, but it should be resolved shortly when RC4 is out.

6c662aa00ea0320af5821503af0ac553d3867ec530388a55ad8829ecbfcd8447
Another one

Date: 06/08/2014 15:13
To: muqFjdh1S3eWro6KQ6yRX7zQSKqVubCHkf
Debit: -0.025 DRK
Transaction fee: -0.001 DRK
Net amount: -0.026 DRK
Transaction ID: a283da684baf5957bdf2ef9df767ece947836139b0e59bee777c18bb25809642

Sorry if this has been addressed already, but I had ~2,500 tDRK anonymized, and I sent 123.456789 tDRK to my other wallet, and then tried to send 1 tDRK immediately after, but couldn't. "Unable to locate enough Darksend denominated funds for this transaction". Are there plans on getting this optimized somehow, or maybe ideas already? Maybe having more small inputs than "necessary" even if it means more bloat, or starting denominating immediately after sending funds.. what's the reason for all inputs becoming non-anonymized after send?

Agree. I wish I could do 2 or more transactions in a few minutes. Hope that will be possible?

The thing is, once you've sent coins, they are no longer 'clean.' They need to be remixed on arrival to maintain perfect privacy. I'm not sure there's an easy way around that, but maybe having a default of say 5 'proper' addresses in the wallet that got anonymised separately would alleviate the have-to-wait-before-sending-again-from-that-wallet problem. This could be user configurable as to how many 'readied' addresses you maintained.

Just got collateral: tx 9b361e9ae386a35fd682091b1b94d50c4b2486e8d92fe76d7078cdc9a9e15ef4

EDIT: 40 minutes after spending some anonymized funds, the wallet starts denominating again.

The thing is, once you've sent coins, they are no longer 'clean.' They need to be remixed on arrival to maintain perfect privacy. I'm not sure there's an easy way around that, but maybe having a default of say 5 'proper' addresses in the wallet that got anonymised separately would alleviate the have-to-wait-before-sending-again-from-that-wallet problem. This could be user configurable as to how many 'readied' addresses you maintained.
Can you explain it to me like I'm 80. If I have 100 addresses in my wallet, each address has 1 anonymized coin, and I send one of them. How does that "de-anonymize" the other 99? There must be something I'm missing in how bitcoin really works I should probably read the basics lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back