• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Teachers for Liberty and Economic Freedom Chapter of CLE-Ghana for Dash

INTRODUCTION
I am Mahamadu Salam (cryptolib), a Dash enthusiast and currently running the Dash Roadshow in Ghana. My first event for the Roadshow recorded about 200 participants and i am now in the first month of the roadshow to take Dash across Ghana. See updates of the roadshow here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...dshow-in-ghana-west-africa.16388/#post-143358

I am the founding president of Centre for Liberty and Entrepreneurship, (CLE-Ghana) www.cleghana.org a Free markets & Liberty Think Tank. The organization has got chapters such as the Teachers for Liberty and Economic freedom. This pre-proposal is targeting these teachers.

SUMMARY:
Teachers play a major role in the development of every country. But unfortunately, in Ghana teachers are among the least paid. Most teachers receive as low as ₵800.00 ($200.00) every month and a pension gratuity of less than ₵20,000.00 ($5,000.00). Ghana has a total population of 26million with 378,242 public sector teachers.

Teachers for Liberty and Economic freedom, a chapter of CLE-Ghana seeks to organize a workshop to educate and practically train teachers to find other source of livelihood and impart these new ideas on their students so that the students will not depend on government for jobs after school owing to the alarming rate of graduate unemployment in Ghana. We will train 400 Ghanaian teachers (40 per location) from five (5) selected District/Municipal/Metropolitan in the next one month on how to invest in cryptocurrencies with emphasis on DASH to accumulate wealth (as a pension gratuity to some extend) in the long term and nurture their students in a digital currency era. This would help to expand the frontiers of DASH in Ghana and Africa as a whole alongside the roadshow.

DESCRIPTION:
The training/Workshops will be held in five locations within selected districts/municipal/metropolitan. Forty (40) participants (Teachers) are expected to attend the training/workshop at each selected location (Yendi Municipality, Savelugu municipal, Kumbungu Distric, Tamale Metropolitan and Walewale District).

Below are outputs and outcomes of this training/workshops:

OUTPUT 1
Train 200 teachers on how to download and setup Dash wallet. They will also be trained on the features in the Dash wallet and how to purchase Dash (via exchanges or me as a trader) and hold it for wealth accumulation in the long term. (pension gratuity to some extend).

Outcome 1

All participating teachers can download and set up Dash wallet (window wallet, Android wallet, IOS) and purchase Dash from the Exchanges.

Output 2
Select 10 teachers from each district/municipal/metropolitan who were very active and acquired exceptional skills in the training as Local Coordinators for Dash in their district/municipal/metropolitan.

Outcome 2
Popularized (promote) Dash among their colleague teachers and setup Dash campus clubs known as (Dash Entrepreneurs Clubs) for their students in the district/municipal/metropolitan. They will be provided with support to organize school-based and cluster-based workshops in their district/municipal/metropolitan on Dash. Finally trained teachers to be merchants that trade in Dash for extra income.

Output 3
Trained teachers to impart their knowledge on cryptocurrencies on students and parents and the community they live.

Outcome 3
To train students on blockchain technology during co-curricular/club meetings and activities. Promote Dash to students and convince parents abroad and far away to send money to their wards through Dash to avoid higher fees from banks and delays in transfer. To nurture students to accumulate wealth after school through Dash and start business without depending on the state for jobs. This will make Dash more popular in Ghana.

Output 4
Organize Stakeholder education event on cryptocurrencies with emphasis on Dash

Outcome 4
Teacher Association groups in Ghana adopting Dash to serve as store of value to get more returns instead of investing in Teachers Fund and welfare dues in treasury bills.

Topics to be covered:
a. History of Blockchain Technology
b. Dash Technology
c. How to download and setup Dash wallets
d. Understanding features of Dash
e. How to purchase Dash from Exchanges
f. How to purchase Dash and hold it for long time to enjoy appreciation of value
g. The need for teachers to purchase Dash to serve as a store of value (pension gratuity to some extend)
h. How teachers can promote Dash among their colleagues, students, parents and in their community.

Action Plan:
This Action Plan seeks to target teachers as primary promoters and use of Dash in Ghana. All participants would be trained on how to set up Dash and promote it among teachers, students, parents and the community they live. In addition, Ten Participants (teachers) from each district/municipal/metropolitan who were active and exhibited excellent understanding of the blockchain technology and Dash would be selected to serve as local coordinators in their district/municipal/metropolitan. Below is the planned activity for them:-

Team 1: Five teachers from each district would be trained to promote Dash and convince teachers to purchase at least 3 Dash and hold it for at least 5-10years. This will serve as a long term store of value of their money (pension gratuity to some extend). The team will always collaborate with the other 30 teachers who attended the workshop to promote Dash among teachers in Ghana.

Team 2: Two teachers from each district would be trained to set up Dash Entrepreneurs Club in schools so that Dash could be promoted among students. A fund of $500.00 worth of DASH would be used to support each district and students would be encouraged to use their savings to purchase Dash to accumulate capital and wealth. The team will collaborate with the other 30 teachers from their district/municipal/metropolitan to set up these clubs in their school.

Team 3: Two teachers from each district/municipal/metropolitan would promote mass adoption of Dash among parents and the community they live. They will speak at School Management Meetings, Parents Teachers Association meeting, community gathering and among others. They will convince parents to send money to their wards in the form Dash and convince school authorities to accept Dash. Parents would also be encouraged to purchase and hold Dash for a long period. They will collaborate with the other 30 teachers from their district and local coordinators.

Team 4: One teacher from each district would push for merchant adoption of Dash. They will be trained to help those who want to purchase Dash. Their additional duties is to convince teacher associations in Ghana to buy and hold Dash for long period instead of treasury bill.

Timeline:
One Week for each location and two days for every workshop: This will spare CLE team the time and space to prepare and update the community every week.

Budget: Unit Cost($)Quantity Amount($)
Hiring of Venue for workshops $150.00 2days a week (10 days) for 5 weeks = $1,500.00
Feeding Cost of Participants $10.00 for 40*10days=400 = $4,000.00
Hotel Accommodation for two CLE workers. $120.00 2rooms by 10days=20 = $2,400.00
Printing of Dash T-shirt $7.90 200 = $1,580.00
Communication (Data & calls) $120.00
Local Travel Cost to and from locations $30.00 by 5 = $150.00
Media Engagement for Nationwide news of the workshops: $270.00 for 5 = $1,350.00
Dash Entrepreneurs Club Fund $500.00 6 Schools = $3,000.00
Token for CLE workers $150.00 2 = $300.00
Banners for workshops $70.00 5 = $350.00
Cameraman for quality videos of workshops $115.00 5 = $575.00
TOTAL $12,325.00

By current Dash price of 278.85 USD, i am Asking for 45 Dash + 5 Dash for proposal fee hence a Total of 50 Dash.

NOTE: The two CLE workers is myself (cryptolib) and @zambang; Vice president, events & conferences

"To nurture students to accumulate wealth after school through Dash and start business without depending on the state for jobs."

I would of thought, this should be center stage of your proposal; to be teaching money management and business skills to students with real hands-on projects that actually use dash from day one. This should of been the crux of your proposal.

And I would remove "to accumulate wealth" because that's not a goal of commerce or how you should define success.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your contribution and I will correct that when I am sending it for voting.
"To nurture students to accumulate wealth after school through Dash and start business without depending on the state for jobs."

I would of thought, this should be center stage of your proposal; to be teaching money management and business skills to students with real hands-on projects that actually use dash from day one. This should of been the crux of your proposal.

And I would remove "to accumulate wealth" because that's not a goal of commerce or how you should define success.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your contribution and I will correct that when I am sending it for voting.

You are teaching teachers in order to teach people how to become the slaves of the greedy Dash generation of 2014-2016.
Why dont you teach them how to get the dash code, set up their own masternodes , set up their own independant cryptocurrency network, and become free?

Better slavery than freedom. This is the core of you thought , isnt it?

Last edited:
It
You are teaching teachers in order to teach people how to become the slaves of the greedy Dash generation of 2014-2016.
Why dont you teach them how to get the dash code, set up their own masternodes , set up their own independant cryptocurrency network, and become free?

Better slavery than freedom. This is the core of you thought , isnt it?
It is expensive to set up a masternode and as I mentioned in the summary, most teachers earn far low to raise 1000 Dash to be masternodes: Yes with long term investment and commitment, some of them and their students can becomes masternodes. It will be a time they know better and have enough to hold MNs.

It is expensive to set up a masternode
Wrong!
It is expensive to set up a masternode that belongs to the greedy Dash generation of 2014-2016.
Set up a masternode which is not the slave of this greedy generation, it is tottaly free.

Which masternode is that?

Whatever masternode does not belong to the dash network, but to an independant cryptocurrency network that uses dash/bitcoin technology.
I have an academic interest, I do not create a fork.
For this reason, I can not and will not pay for someone's services.
My question arose because my friends were running a test network and they could not configure SPORK to run MasterNode.

And why do u call the Dash generation greedy

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...ept-the-old-guard-confiscate-all-coins.10547/

This is a call to all dash members, and especially the new ones.
6.000.000 dash have been mined until now, whithin 2 years.
This means that the generation of 2014-2016 owns at least the one third of dash coins!
Is this the digital coin of the future?
What the generation of 2054 will think about the greed (or stupidity) of the 2014-2016 generation?
Arent you ashamed of being part of such a greedy generation?

New dashers should never accept this imposed assymetry over time.
Dash coins should be distributed fairly among generations.

Lets be part of the digital cash of the future, and not part of the digital cash of 2014-2016.
Join the movement, Join justice, support the basic income for every newborn dasher.
For the future generations to welcome us and not curse upon us.
Lets form a proposal, lets vote it in the budget, and lets implement the appropriate changes .

It makes sense but does it really matter if all coins are mined before 2054? What happens from there. Will people just have to exchange Dash among themselves or will we be depriving the younger ones

1. https://duniter.org/en/introduction/
  2. https://duniter.org/en/theoretical/
  3. http://en.trm.creationmonetaire.info/

As you can see, no generation transaction (where a miner earns Bitcoins for solving a block) exists in Duniter. This kind of transaction is replaced by Universal Dividend input. Outputs, on their hand, are always public keys, and not necessarily WoT members' public keys: a company may also have a public key. This lead us to an important fact: companies are also able to use the currency.
Do note carefully that, even if they may participate, companies won't be able to create money. Only individuals will be able to do it. This is a very important point.

A free economy
The goal of all this is to allow people to participate in a free economy thanks to a free currency. What is a free economy? Relative Money Theory defines it through 4 economic freedoms:
  • The freedom to choose your currency system: because money should not be imposed
  • The freedom to access resources: because we all should have access to economic & monetary resources
  • The freedom to estimate and produce value: because value is a purely relative to each individual
  • The freedom to trade with the money: because we should not be limited by the avaible money supply
Those 4 economic freedoms should be understood together, not exclusively. Plus, "freedom" has to be understood as "non-nuisance". So here, freedom does not mean the right to take all of a resource (like water source in a desert) so no more is available to the others. Now you get it, this is the goal: free economy through free currency.

Last edited:
Mahamadu, you have been introduced to our resident troll.

You enter the community 16 Oct 17.
How do you know I am troll? Have you read all my comments?
Maybe I am a troll, maybe not. Time will show who was the troll and who was not.
But you are definitely stupid when you believe what the others are saying and advertising, without investigating the truth by yourself.

You enter the community 16 Oct 17.
How do you know I am troll? Have you read all my comments?
Maybe I am a troll, maybe not. Time will show who was the troll and who was not.
But you are definitely stupid when you believe what the others are saying and advertising, without investigating the truth by yourself.
Well, I read all your comments, found sense in it and waiting for your proposal to influence the thoughts of the community. I am a libertarian and cherish individual liberty however I don't believe in equal share of wealth nor peter works for Paul anyway.

This proposal will augment the tentacles of Dash in the Ghanaian community and of course when teachers and students become aware of anything new in Ghana, it has a greater percentage of spreading beyond the imagination of even the conveyer, the new child will become the order of the day and will be on the libs of every student. Cryptolib in question has left a very good mark as he touched the lives of many in the Ghanaian society and I hope to see this project will equally grant financial freedom not only to teachers and teachers but society in general.
Cheers mate!

Last edited:
Back