• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Jump start dash adoption by acquiring 400k users in 4 months

Should we give $1 to everyone who signs up and verifies with SMS OTP ?

• yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
Random thought...

I haven't thought this through but I'm loosely wondering if it would be better to concentrate on a very specific location within
Venezuela and target a handful of businesses, specifically targeting an entire supply chain. For example, a restaurant that buys fish from a fisherman or rice from a farmer. This way, each person in the chain has someone to sell and buy.

Yet, how do we know that those who are involved in the supply chain are not doing fake transactions eachother, in order to get more dash coins? We have to be sure that they offer their products to the people. This very nice idea of yours, still needs a proof of individualiy that can be established either my way, or through an sms otp verification. Otherwise the involved in the supply chain may conspire each other, subscribe fake end customers, and flaw the system.

I imagine a restaurant giving free food offered by Dash. We have to make sure that the restaurant serves different people, and not all meals are eaten by the restaurant owner, in order for him to get all the dash coins. The restaurant should have a proof of individuality installed somewhere nearby, so that the people who want to eat from that resaurant to be able to prove to the Dash sponsors their individuality.

There are hungry people around the globe, but there are also hungry people nearby. Love your neighbour. I dare to say, the more neighbour he is, the more you should love him.

Last edited:
yes thats a real issue as well, once a good percentage of a country has dash wallets and is aware of dash we start out with other forms of digital / outdoor advertising to target the demographic that we are interested in

i am not a developer unfortunately i have hired couple of them and they are in the process of starting things ( and it takes a bit of time :( )

if you have developer / or a developer who can/ wants to help , let me know

I am a developer. But I am anonymous.
If you trust me, you can give me an enviroment and the appropriate credentials and I will try to install it my self.
Even better you can put me in the same enviroment with the developers you have hired, so we can collaborate.
But you have to respect my anonymity.
If you doubt whether it is really me when you are talking to a demo account, you can ask me to confirm that by asking me to sign random messages of your choice using my dash (or my pivx) address.

Last edited:
Oh that's wonderful, my guys are noobs they are no where near your level of shophistication so we can skip the collaboration part as we can progress quickly. You can handover the code once you are done so my guys can maintain it etc.

If you choose to help us in this project , you can remain as anonymous as you want all I need is an email to give you access

Cheers

Oh that's wonderful, my guys are noobs they are no where near your level of shophistication so we can skip the collaboration part as we can progress quickly. You can handover the code once you are done so my guys can maintain it etc.

If you choose to help us in this project , you can remain as anonymous as you want all I need is an email to give you access

Cheers

I avoid to use e-mails.

You may encrypt the credentials you want to give me by using my dash address, and post the encrypted message in this thread or send it with a private message in this forum or in the pivx forum.

I will tell you how this can be done. The dash address is a hash of a public key, so I have to give you the public key of my dash address. Having my public key, you can encrypt and send whatever message to me. Or you can search the blockchain for my public key. I think I have done transactions using my dash address, so my public key is visible to everyone. As long as I have no access to my wallet right now, I have to search about it in the blockchain. Then I will explain to you how you can send a secret message to me.

Complicated? Yes it is a little bit.

In worst case, and if you dont bother to learn how you can send secret messages to me, I will give you an e-mail address so that you can send the credentials to me that way.
What e-mail address you want I use? gmail?

Last edited:
But @demo I am wondering how a "developer" can be taken seriously when they using Windows XP
I partitioned my xp and now I have also lubuntu in the same machine.:p
I also managed to compile pivx in it (it took a looong time, as long as my machine is 32 bit)
Furthermode, free dash project is going to be built initially in a hosted wordpress site.
So the only think I need is a secure enviroment (I assume lubuntu is secure) and an internet connection.

I partitioned my xp and now I have also lubuntu in the same machine.:p
I also managed to compile pivx in it (it took a looong time, as long as my machine is 32 bit)
Furthermode, free dash project is going to be built initially in a hosted wordpress site.
So the only think I need is a secure enviroment (I assume lubuntu is secure) and an internet connection.

Why you don't get yourself a Rasperbery Pi 3? - it has a 64 bit processor and 1GB RAM...

Why you don't get yourself a Rasperbery Pi 3? - it has a 64 bit processor and 1GB RAM...
I will tell you whats the problem with me, and why I am still using a 32bit machine as my development enviroment.

Whenever they ask me to do a job, if I think the job is blessed, I am doing it for free. If I think the job is not blessed, I am not doing it no matter how much money they are offering to me.

Having this atitude, how is it possible for me to earn some money and upgrade my development enviroment?

But I dont complain. The smaller the machine that someone is programming, the better programmer he is.

Last edited:
<vote history>
Should we give $1 to everyone who signs up and verifies with SMS OTP ?
*yes 8 vote(s) 66.7%
no 4 vote(s) 33.3%
</vote history>

Hello, everybody.

I got invited to read this thread and to give my opinion about what is being proposed here.

First of all, let me be honest about something. I was a little upset about the tone and the words used by some of the participants of this thread to respond to one another. One of the things I like the most about DASH is its community, because I find it to be a good place to bring new ideas and opinions and always be respected for everyone else, even if there is no agreement. So, my invitation is to keep that spirit up, lets not be mean to each other, that does not make us more right about something. So, please, no name-calling or bullying one another.

Now, about the proposal.

I think this is essencially a good proposal, and I agree it would work great for Venezuela. Did you know the minimum wage in my country equals less than 15 USD TODAY? and that next week it would probably be less than that? So actually, 1 USD is equivalent to 2 days of work, it may not seem as much, but for us it is quite substantial.

You can see how eagerly Venezuelans participate in DASH giveaways checking out @BlakeChamness campaigs in both Twitter and Facebook. He is @bchamz in Dashnation slack, not sure if here too.

Now, I think this would have to be linked to further information that leads this new adopters to get curious and informed (preferably in Spanish) about how to earn more DASH, and how to actually use it for gettings their everyday needs fulfilled, because if it does not, then people will not know what to do with that new app in their phones.

And, finally, about the proof of individuality.

I am REALLY interested in learning if this problem of the proof of individuality Vs. privacy can be resolved. I have some ideas for proposals, but they need this problem solved for them to work.

I am not a dev, and have no idea of how to do this, but if I did not want anyone to link my phone number to an active wallet, all I would do is transfer the 1 USD to another wallet that is not linked to any of my personal information after participating in this campaign. Maybe you can teach people to do that, along with other basic security rules.

About giving their phone numbers, I believe lots of people would be ok with it, but people more concerned about security will not be willing to do it.

And if phone numbers are so controversial, what about Twitter? Would it not work? (sorry about my tech ignorance).

If you would like to know how DASH is doing in Venezuela so far, I invite you to follow us (Twitter + Facebook + Instagram + YouTube: @dashcaracas)

Also, you can see my original pre-proposal and its evolution in this thread:

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/pre-proposal-dash-conference-venezuela.15285/

hi @algodon.franelas thanks for your response and support to our campaign.

We want to spread dash to as many needy as possible , as you know venezuela has hit a bit of rough patch with hyper inflation wiping out savings of most people ( unfortunately some people don't understand the seriousness of this situation and are living in their own bubble ), with the help of dash, we can help them put their savings in stable or even appreciating currency like dash.

however it needs to be done en-masse to be really effective, we need few 100s of thousands people to start using dash, then we can see the real impact almost instantly.

We have assessed various ways of giving a bit of free dash to everyone and think that social media like twitter , facebook is clearly out of picture as one can easily create multiple profiles and claim free dash with few clicks ( and not everyone has a facebook or twitter account). Facial recognition at this point is seen as too privacy intrusive.

using your phone number to send SMS OTP seems to be the most cheapest and viable option at this point considering all the risks and opportunities.

Like you said most people don't care about giving up their phone numbers when they are getting something wonderful like dash, having said that we would treat the phone data with utmost care obviously and will never share this data with any governments that can snoop on people ( also remember that should you wish to save up good amounts of dash you should/can get a hardware wallet which protects your anonymity) .

we look forward to your support in making this campaign a success, as getting exposed to dash like cryptocurrency would literally change lives of millions.

If you are going to the SMS route you don't actually need to store the Phone Number. Instead, you can store a Hash of the Phone Number, this way you can still check whether the Number has been used before without needing to store it. Though of course is pre supposed a certain level of trust in you. It's mostly to your own advantage if for example a government comes asking for that data you can honestly answer that you don't have it.

Back