• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Jump start dash adoption by acquiring 400k users in 4 months

Should we give $1 to everyone who signs up and verifies with SMS OTP ?

• yes

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • no

Votes: 13 37.1%

• Total voters
Thrilled to see Max Keiser doing a piece on Crypto Revolution in Africa https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKrlJqWnPQM&t=1095s

This is the main focus of our campaign , to participate in the world's fastest growing consumer crypto market in Africa by enabling millions to onboard to dash an experience the power of Low fees and faster transactions Given the current economic instability in zimbabwe we plan to launch our first campaign there
importers are facing lot of hardship due to the lack of dollars and dash can help them overcome this crisis https://qz.com/1119396/how-did-zimbabwes-economy-collapse/

let me know what you are thoughts are you prefer us to start with zimbabwe or venezuela

Thanks

let me know what you are thoughts are you prefer us to start with zimbabwe or venezuela
Thanks

Both zimbabwe and venezuela are countries rich in rare minerals or petrol, thats why US focus on them.
If your SMS-OTP is for profit, you should go there and compet US government and the world monetary system in their try to control the economy of these countries.
If your SMS-OTP is a non profit, you should choose other countries, which are in a worst situation than zimbabwe or venezuela

Last edited:
i need few news pieces which show the severity of financial situations of the respective countries , i dont want to get into conspiracy theories , only economic facts

This is not non profit , its marketing for the most needy customers !!

By the way, together with SMS-OTP, you should also stream to the target countries the Dash blockchain from a Geosynchronous Satellite, proposed by @Gilemon

This is because the people in these poor countries have limited internet bandwidth in their phones, so downloading the whole blockchain in their phones will be very costly for them. On the other hand, most of them may have satellite dishes, so if the blockchain was broadcasted from space, they could get the whole blockchain almost instantly.

Last edited:
Receiving $1 for your phone number feels scammy and I'm afraid it will give people a bad impression of Dash. Same for the referral system.
I'm also not convinced that phone numbers aren't cheaper than $1 if you buy them in bulk. I expect this can be exploited.
It will have to be a no from me.

Edit: Now I'm confused, is this an old proposal or a new proposal?

Last edited:
Receiving $1 for your phone number feels scammy and I'm afraid it will give people a bad impression of Dash. Same for the referral system.
I'm also not convinced that phone numbers aren't cheaper than $1 if you buy them in bulk. I expect this can be exploited.

This is not a proposal. It is a private initiative. It will may become a proposal, if @Dashmaximalist decides it, or if you can give 5 Dash proposal fee for it to become a proposal.
Read the old initial discussion, and your questions will be asnwered.
Yes I know, most of MNOs are stupid, illiterate and unable to read. If this is your case, then look at this image here.

Last edited:

please click on my signature which talks about this proposal its arguments and counter arguments etc

Now coming to your questions, in the countries we are targeting , you just cant buy SIM cards in Bulk because you need to show ID verification and so on , In india there is a hard limit of 6 SIMs per person and the most important thing is 'the cost of getting a SIM card in the countries we are targeting is more than $1 most of the times

Last edited:
This idea implicitly targets third world folks to whom $1 is significant. I shall vote "yes" if it becomes a proposal.

This idea implicitly targets third world folks to whom $1 is significant. I shall vote "yes" if it becomes a proposal.
Thanks a lot , yes thats correct , the proposal targets countries whose financial systems are shaky at the moment and where getting SIM cards is not free and involves ID verification like zimbabwe, venezuela, nigeria

i will make the proposal for December , we are doing a initial pilot with $500 for 500 people and will share the results with the team after that , the plan is to bring millions of people in developing countries into Dash

Which countries are you targeting exactly? And will you only allow phone numbers from those countries?
Can you link to some information about not being able to buy phone numbers in bulk in those countries?
Sim cards aren't the only way to get a phone number. You can get a phone number through services like Skype and Google Voice for example. If those companies can get phone numbers in bulk, there must be a way.
And have you done any research into how interested people are in getting $1 and in which demographics?

First of all , i really appreciate you taking time to come up with some very interesting questions and i would rather prefer some thoughtful questions like this than some mumbo jumbo privacy activist type questions.

we are targeting zimbabwe in the first run as we feel this is the country that is well aware of bitcoin and is suffering from severe import restrictions, also the price of bitcoin is double the market rate , shows people are desperate to get in. to the second one , yes we will only allow phone numbers from a specific country we are targeting, you can check this link which mentions the type of ID requirements for getting SIM card in various geographies , As you expect the developed countries usually have no or less restrictions and the developing ones have strict ones, which is perfect because we are going to totally make use of it

Now Google phone, skype cost a lot of money even in US like $10 or so and they only actually work for a handful of countries ( US plus europe )

$1 in most of these desperate countries is a lot , it's like say $10 in US or 20. now if we feel that $1 is proving too high we can think of reducing it , the idea to pull in 15-30 age old population who are most open to new technologies

Also would like to remind everyone , getfreedash.com is not just about throwing $1 at people, it's mainly about educating them and teaching them everything related to dash and digital currency sort of like bitcoin.com by roger if you have seen it

i have bunch of ideas to make it an one-stop shop for everything related to dash

I didn't mean that people would sign up for Google Voice. I meant that the existence of such services shows that it's possible to acquire phone numbers in bulk without SIM.

If people in Zimbabwe get interested because of this campaign, do they have any way of buying Dash there? What is the Bitcoin volume in Zimbabwe?

there are couple of small dash based exchanges out there , we funded one of them called dash kuva and there are doing a great job !
Kuvacash is about a webminar, not about merchants. Isnt it? As far as I can see, there is no merchant in zimbabwe, until now.

I think it is critical to have merchants in zimbabwe, in order to incentivize people not to exchange their dash with other coins, but to create a dash economy there. Unless of course we admit that this is a pure charity and we dont care whether they will exchange their dash immediatly.

Last edited:
SMS otp is a great way to reach out to more people more especially in Africa and developing nations. privacy is out of board, you think about privacy when youre rich. If your currency fluctuates almost everyday and lose value to the US dollar adoption of Dash will be on your mind not secrecy.

Only that $1dollar is too meagre. I think $10 dollars is enticing and could enable the poor invest more in Dash in the long run

SMS otp is a great way to reach out to more people more especially in Africa and developing nations. privacy is out of board, you think about privacy when youre rich. If your currency fluctuates almost everyday and lose value to the US dollar adoption of Dash will be on your mind not secrecy.

Only that $1dollar is too meagre. I think $10 dollars is enticing and could enable the poor invest more in Dash in the long run

Thanks for that , i couldnt agree more , Privacy is a luxury only for rich, most people dont understand that unfortunately , for those whose only life savings are currency ( the most vulnerable population of society like old and poor) and to see it depreciate is the worst thing ever. we need to fix this and fix it urgently !

we will start with $1 but may increase later , but remember this we want to pull in as many people as possible for as little as possible , the power of dash network is directly proportional to the no of participants in it ,also giving $10 means 1 person will simply buy 1000 sim cards and claim our benefit which is not what we want. once there are on the dash network there will be many ways of earning dash , so thats not a problem per se.

Thanks again.

Back