• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Hardware Wallets For Build And Test

well
better than nothing - definitely not perfect ;)

after the next electrum version this should be fixed

What I would like to know is whether there is really someone working on a serios consumer ready solution of a Dash hardware wallet with masternode support.

And what exactly is "electrum"?

And the argument that after the next version of "XYZ" a hardware wallet solution will be available gets repeated and repeated and repeated.
It is frustrating, that customer fund security has such a low priority for Dash developers! I know at least two people (institutional investors) who just for that reason do not invest in Dash.

It is frustrating, that customer fund security has such a low priority for Dash developers!

It's not a matter of low priority, but a matter of time: I have worked 60+hrs/week three weeks in a row before and after 12.1 release - I am exhausted.

Electrum is a SPV client for Bitcoin-like cryptocurrencies --> https://electrum.org
Electrum-Dash is a clone of that client, supporting masternode start via Hardware wallets.

There is a working prototype, but it's not ready for rollout. And it's being worked on. I prefer rolling out something that works in favor of something half baked which will explode the support cases.

It's not a matter of low priority, but a matter of time: I have worked 60+hrs/week three weeks in a row before and after 12.1 release - I am exhausted.

Wow! Programming 60+hrs/week is huge! Don't do that for too long! Take a break!

As mostly it is not the fault of programmers but of the people who do the resource planning. But of course as an outsider I have no idea how internal priorities are set. Therefore I can only present my frustration because I believe it is such an important issue to have hardware wallet based security for the sums involved in backing masternodes. Don't take it personally!

Nevertheless I'm happy to hear that someone is actively working on it. Please announce the rollout over the usual Dash Twitter accounts! And maybe in this forum.

I'm waiting for noob-proof solution but... Your job is great and it is obvious that You put a lot of job in existing solution so Thanks! :)

I set 'dashmnb'. I get adres for 1k transfer but how to get masternodeprivkey with Your app?

Back