• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Official block explorer

Is the code for this on github? The "AGPL source" link, which points to [redacted because new user], just gives "A server error occurred. Please contact the administrator."

It seems like it would be easier all-around to just point users to github.

flare, thanks for the code.
I think you should update the logo to the correct "new" one (you can get the one I created for my explorer): http://explorer.darkcoin.fr/static/darkcoin-logo.png
Also I though the coin was named Darkcoin and not DarkCoin (no capital C).
That's all. :) Small cosmetic remarks. :D
The block indexing is done but the explorer keeps showing me Quarkcoin (don't know why as the conf file has no mention of Quark)... Any hint on what I need to do would be appreciated.

Edit: I only see block 0, which is not the block 0 from Darkcoin... In the database I clearly see all the blocks indexed. No idea why it isn't showing it...

Edit 2: Ok I found out that there are 2 Abe codes on the Github, the old one not ready for Darkcoin (which is installed by make install) and the correct one that is in the build sub-directory. Will try to rebuild with the correct one now.

Last edited by a moderator:
flare, thanks for the code.
I think you should update the logo to the correct "new" one (you can get the one I created for my explorer): http://explorer.darkcoin.fr/static/darkcoin-logo.png
Also I though the coin was named Darkcoin and not DarkCoin (no capital C).
That's all. :) Small cosmetic remarks. :D
The block indexing is done but the explorer keeps showing me Quarkcoin (don't know why as the conf file has no mention of Quark)... Any hint on what I need to do would be appreciated.

Edit: I only see block 0, which is not the block 0 from Darkcoin... In the database I clearly see all the blocks indexed. No idea why it isn't showing it...

Edit 2: Ok I found out that there are 2 Abe codes on the Github, the old one not ready for Darkcoin (which is installed by make install) and the correct one that is in the build sub-directory. Will try to rebuild with the correct one now.

I never used 'make install' on this code, just followed the readme-mysql :-D

For the changes: yes, there is some legacy stuff in this code (DarkCoin, logo, outdated abe codebase) and i already planned to update this, but was busy with other stuff :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

Even after a rescan it still fails:
Code:
Exception at 106730706854732992
Failed to catch up {'blkfile_offset': 78885005, 'blkfile_number': 100001, 'chain_id': 2, 'loader': 'blkfile', 'dirname': '/home/darkcoind/.darkcoin', 'id': Decimal('1')}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2620, in catch_up
    store.catch_up_dir(dircfg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 2884, in catch_up_dir
    store.import_blkdat(dircfg, ds, blkfile['name'])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 3011, in import_blkdat
    b = store.parse_block(ds, chain_id, magic, length)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/DataStore.py", line 3044, in parse_block
    d['transactions'].append(deserialize.parse_Transaction(ds))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/deserialize.py", line 92, in parse_Transaction
    d['txOut'].append(parse_TxOut(vds))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/deserialize.py", line 67, in parse_TxOut
    d['value'] = vds.read_int64()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/BCDataStream.py", line 72, in read_int64
    def read_int64  (self): return self._read_num('<q')
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Abe/BCDataStream.py", line 110, in _read_num
    (i,) = struct.unpack_from(format, self.input, self.read_cursor)
error: unpack_from requires a buffer of at least 8 bytes

Why are darkcoin addresses encoded with the wrong prefix? (Looks like testnet addresses.)
I've been wondering about that since the beginning...

Vertoe, the software apparently stores the pubkey hash and convert it for display only. Maybe that parts needs to be adapted to display the one with the "X".

Why are darkcoin addresses encoded with the wrong prefix? (Looks like testnet addresses.)
I've been wondering about that since the beginning...

Me too - nevertheless the "m...." adresses are obviously identical to their "X..." counterparts. Have to dig deeper in the explorer code to understand how the different encodings work - and how to change the explorer display :)

flare, does the explorer on io/qa runs by indexing the datadir directly or via RPC call?

flare, does the explorer on io/qa runs by indexing the datadir directly or via RPC call?

Indexing datadir yet, but planning to migrate to rpc call. Had the error you encountered too, i think that's because the block format was changed (votes moved from "body" to "header" and the code of explorer does not know how to handle the new data structure. Resolved it by restarting the indexing several times, don't know why it finally picked up again :grin:

But as stated: Planning to refurbish the explorer anyway...

I think it fails when the block on the disk is not complete or something (writing by darkcoind while reading?)...
I don't think the RPC calls can work with my setup without changing the code. Will try that.

Back