• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash's More Incredible 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, this comment is totally a valid reason to invest in Dash. LOL.

But this morning at 3:30am, I awoke from a dream that ended with an unidentified woman slowly telling me in a calm and tranquil voice that “2017 is the year Dash proves itself to the world.”

Let me tell a different story. I awoke to find in my inbox a message announcing:

The Lightning Network Daemon has released vo.1-alpha, the Lightning Network’s most feature-complete implementation which is now ready for public testing.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bit...ng-network-releases-milestone-implementation/

I guess you can take the Dreamium pill if you want.....

Yeah, this comment is totally a valid reason to invest in Dash. LOL.

But this morning at 3:30am, I awoke from a dream that ended with an unidentified woman slowly telling me in a calm and tranquil voice that “2017 is the year Dash proves itself to the world.”

Let me tell a different story. I awoke to find in my inbox a message announcing:

The Lightning Network Daemon has released vo.1-alpha, the Lightning Network’s most feature-complete implementation which is now ready for public testing.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bit...ng-network-releases-milestone-implementation/

I guess you can take the Dreamium pill if you want.....

Yeah, because all that clever Lightening Network stuff is going to work great on a network that has stalled at 26% consensus for Segwit... After all, how any Chinese miners and speculators - currently representing 95% of the network - do you think a) give a shit about segwit, and b) feel that it's important enough to upgrade their nodes for?

The answer is clear... NOT enough!

Dash - conversely - seems to have no problem a) gaining consensus on any decision within 48 hours, and b) ensuring the network updates in a timely manner.

Anyway, back to Bitcoin... I've highlighted the problem of a) bitcore not being able to achieve consensus on block size, and b) getting the network to embrace new developments - such as segwit and Lightening Network - when there is little incentive too.

Over to you Camosoul - How do you suppose the Bitcoin network overcome such a fundamental problem? There's clearly an incentive issue if something as wonderful as Segwit is beaten into the corner like a Ginger stepchild...

... And for those of you who don't know what Segwit is, I suggest you dust off your Cambridge Idioms Dictionary and look for an entry entitled 'Necessity is the mother of invention'... I'm pretty sure you'll find an accurate description there...

Bitcoin could have just fixed their incentive issues 'back in the day' - you know - like Evan suggested :rolleyes:

You're the one chewing on 'Dreamium Pills' if you think that the Lightening Network 'news' is anything to be getting a boner over...

Walter

P.S. Great blog Ryan :) I read the previous year's again anyway for posterity... You've certainly set yourself up for an annual tradition there! It's a bit reminiscent of Warren Buffet's partnership letters pre-Berkshire if a may add... ;)

Walter

Last year's report stated "Today, we have solidly secured the #5 position in the rankings". So what happened that we dropped to #7 ?

Last year's report stated "Today, we have solidly secured the #5 position in the rankings". So what happened that we dropped to #7 ?
1) Ethereum split in two, which pushed us down one slot
2) Monero got a lot of attention from being added to two darknet marketplaces, and surpassed us. They since lost one market in an exit scam which caused a sell-off, but it retains a strong market cap.

In terms of market share, we actually expanded in 2016 despite the ranking change and Ethereum's unbelievable growth:
- Our altcoin market share increased from 3.40% to 3.55%
- Our share of the overall market (including Bitcoin) increased from 0.29% to 0.45%

Either you were dreaming about Amanda or you met The Oracle, in what you perceived to be a dream ;)
Nice (delayed) thoughts though....

hs4ANMt.jpg

Last edited:

Either you were dreaming about Amanda or you met The Oracle, in what you perceived to be a dream ;)
Nice (delayed) thoughts though....

hs4ANMt.jpg

I'm sorry but I think this thread should also be trimmed and moved to General like the othes because it's certainly gone OFF TOPIC.. or is it okay for some but not others?

It came to him in a vision. A girl talked to him.

I'm not sure which is the bigger load of bullshit... Well, it was a dream, allegedly. So... I guess it's possible.

Ribbing aside; I'd like to see DASH do this in 2017. But, it could have done it in 2015 if it weren't so corrupt and petty.

Last edited:
Over to you Camosoul - How do you suppose the Bitcoin network overcome such a fundamental problem?
Even with all of it's fundamental defects, and no solutions provided. How much acceptance does BTC have compared to DASH? I can actually find places where I can spend BTC over the counter in spite of how stupid that is, because it's users are equally stupid.

Being right won't get you anywhere if nobody hears the argument. Penetrating retail is the way DASH gets that exposure and makes the argument heard, yet you've done everything you can to stab people in the back for trying to give that to you. All in the name of left-fringe wack-a-doodle political slant...

You guys keep whipping out your ding dong and showing it to girls while explaining how much better it is than everyone else's ding dong, and wondering why they don't want to blow you... And get mad when people like @camosoul or @Solarminer try to explain why that's never going to work...

It's not me. It's you.

Yeah, we're just butthurt trolls off making more money since you "rejected" us... Lols. Whatever, man. DASH has severely beclowned itself. You're just like the SJWs that went full retard when Trump won... You're Rosie O'Donnel calling for Martial Law because abusing non-leftists won't be tolerated anymore. Your echo chamber is air tight, and even as you suffocate in it, you still blame me... You have no idea what a bunch of freaks you look like outside the cryptosphere...

Did you even notice that this exists: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dashpay-point-of-sale.12542/

I'm with Leila... There's a reason the only women in crypto are using you like the tools you are...

Last edited:
Not sure who your post is directed at (?) but all I got from it was that you failed to answer my direct question to you...Despite you quoting it in your reply...? :confused:

Yeah, because all that clever Lightening Network stuff is going to work great on a network that has stalled at 26% consensus for Segwit... After all, how any Chinese miners and speculators - currently representing 95% of the network - do you think a) give a shit about segwit, and b) feel that it's important enough to upgrade their nodes for?

The answer is clear... NOT enough!

Dash - conversely - seems to have no problem a) gaining consensus on any decision within 48 hours, and b) ensuring the network updates in a timely manner.

Anyway, back to Bitcoin... I've highlighted the problem of a) bitcore not being able to achieve consensus on block size, and b) getting the network to embrace new developments - such as segwit and Lightening Network - when there is little incentive too.

Over to you Camosoul - How do you suppose the Bitcoin network overcome such a fundamental problem? There's clearly an incentive issue if something as wonderful as Segwit is beaten into the corner like a Ginger stepchild...

... And for those of you who don't know what Segwit is, I suggest you dust off your Cambridge Idioms Dictionary and look for an entry entitled 'Necessity is the mother of invention'... I'm pretty sure you'll find an accurate description there...

Bitcoin could have just fixed their incentive issues 'back in the day' - you know - like Evan suggested :rolleyes:

You're the one chewing on 'Dreamium Pills' if you think that the Lightening Network 'news' is anything to be getting a boner over...

Walter

What has Dash done for innovations in the last 6 months? Any ground breaking code changes? Or just talked about a future of rainbows and unicorns with Evolution....which by the way will be similar to the lightning network.

The Dash blocksize change to 2MB still hasn't been changed. Ah, not exactly a 48 hr turn around....and that vote was 1 year ago. But the bigger problem is when there are too many InstantX transactions in a block, they can't all be accepted and the InstantX transactions will start to collect and eventually get rejected. The only way InstantX can work is with a Variable block size. Vcash already figured that out with Zerotime with variable blocksizes. Some developers actually know what they are doing and are already 2 or 3 steps ahead. Don't let the masternode badge of courage let you ignore the obvious.

Segwit has some benefits like being able to prune old signature data. They may be on to something and I am not discounting it.

So I give credit to the coins actually releasing innovations and trying something new. Maidsafe just released an encrypted chat layer on top of the safe network. They are releasing something new just about every week. So when you talk about dreams as meaning something.....it doesn't. I go by real developers actually making crypto useful.

Not sure who your post is directed at (?) but all I got from it was that you failed to answer my direct question to you...Despite you quoting it in your reply...? :confused:
Of course that's all you got from it. You're an entitled snowflake who issues demands and ignores reality, while the con artist that has raped you for a year now laughs all the way to the bank.

I am not obligated to respond to your questions. You don't own me.

Your question presumes that I care if or how BTC might fix some problem that I don't care about and know it can't fix... You're just another fucking moron troll puppet putting words in my mouth with presumptive language. You didn't even have the balls to @ my name so that I'd get the notification. You were hoping it would lie dormant as a directive for others to read about me. You knew that you'd get called out if I saw it, so you tried to play stealth. You're a piece of shit.

Even so. I did answer your question. You just didn't like the answer, so you pretend there was no answer. Same old SJW snowflake BS. You can ask any questions you want. You can also shove them directly up your ass when you reject that answer for being something other than what you wanted it to be...

I guess black people can't be racist, and The Patriarchy is a real thing, too...

All of this because the ultimate scammer had a dream about some watery tart lobbing a scimitar.. Oh,. wait, wrong comedy...

"Of course that's all you got from it. You're an entitled snowflake who issues demands and ignores reality, while the con artist that has raped you for a year now laughs all the way to the bank."

Lol - yeah, I feel completely violated.. Seeing my investment appreciate 500% over the course of 12 months whilst picking up a 10% yield on my masternodes has really left by butt sore :rolleyes:

Of course that's all you got from it. You're an entitled snowflake who issues demands and ignores reality, while the con artist that has raped you for a year now laughs all the way to the bank.

I am not obligated to respond to your questions. You don't own me.

Your question presumes that I care if or how BTC might fix some problem that I don't care about and know it can't fix... You're just another fucking moron troll puppet putting words in my mouth with presumptive language. You didn't even have the balls to @ my name so that I'd get the notification. You were hoping it would lie dormant as a directive for others to read about me. You knew that you'd get called out if I saw it, so you tried to play stealth. You're a piece of shit.

Even so. I did answer your question. You just didn't like the answer, so you pretend there was no answer. Same old SJW snowflake BS. You can ask any questions you want. You can also shove them directly up your ass when you reject that answer for being something other than what you wanted it to be...

I guess black people can't be racist, and The Patriarchy is a real thing, too...

All of this because the ultimate scammer had a dream about some watery tart lobbing a scimitar.. Oh,. wait, wrong comedy...

You know someone has lost an argument when they go on an off-topic rant and start flinging personal insults for no good reason. Congrats dude;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back