• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

X11 ASIC Baikal Mini Miner Spec

Multialgo ASIC? With same speed at all algos? Too good to be truth...
yes, i tested all same as speed. but these algo coins mining is too low Profitability.
calcaulate result is 1days in 4$, but miner price is 750$.
750$= at least 7 months...
Rather, it would be better to buy a Bitcoin.

damn money gone down the drain.. i wonder how many more noobs got screwed over..

yes, i tested all same as speed. but these algo coins mining is too low Profitability.
calcaulate result is 1days in 4$, but miner price is 750$.
750$= at least 7 months...
Rather, it would be better to buy a Bitcoin.

So the question I have with this is, when you look at this posted screenshot, you can see the line listing the miner (as device 0) and if you follow the columns, you see one that reads "Clock". So my question is, can you try overclocking the miner here? Does this clock have anything to do with the GPU bus which is 600 mhz? It doesn't need a GPU, so if they're related, how safe would it be to raise that to, say, 400 or 500? Are there standard increments to overclock by? I'm pretty sure I'm dreaming and that these numbers can't be changed but wouldn't it be nice? LOL

e107a69b2b23ca30.png

I don't remember where I read ( sorry ) but it was written it can be overclocked at your own risk.However it was not written how it can be done.

Wally, I think he is referring to how the other manufacturers of ASIC miners have limited their supply and the numbers any one person could buy so that the mining hash rate wouldn't skyrocket and 1. cause mining investors to never be able to recoup their investment and 2. Cause their consumer base (people who buy the mining units) to give up on mining, and thus not buy anymore units.

If the hash rate today shows that you could make 10 coins a month, so you order one thinking you'll get your money back in 5 months, but by the time you receive yours, a week has gone by, and 100 people have since gone online with their delivered units, which raises the hash rate to 15GB more, lowering profit to 8 coins a month, but your's just arrived, you start mining and a week later, profit is at 6 coins, etc.... Your first month you're lucky to get 4 coins total. Next month will be even less and on and on it goes. And you can never recoup your expense of buying the miner at 56 or whatever coins (not including shipping)

Apparently this manufacturer made thousands of units and when they came online, the hashrate went up 300 GH, which killed the profits (or really pay offs) of earlier adopters from the ASIC miner companies that chose to regulate supply and demand for their customers.

So a lot of people are very angry about this.

Last edited:
Yah, it's a great little miner and brilliant to build it on top of a pi computer. The ease of use in incredible. The real issue is that even with this price drop, it will be impossible to make your Dash back (if you pay in Dash). If you pay in fiat, with the increase in Dash price that is likely, it would be worthwhile. Especially if you don't want to go through regulated Fiat on ramps to purchase your Dash.

Mining is also a lot of fun. Well for me anyway.
I knew buying this would cause me to lose Dash. I'm hoping I can get 1/2 my coins back before it goes to essentially zero. I think that's the best I can hope for. Initially I was hoping to get all my Dash back, but looking at the statistics, it's not looking good :p (you have to accept that the hash will double every 2 months or so conservatively) My only hope is if ASIC builders slow down due to lack of sales. (which makes this comment look fishy, but I'm just trying to tell it like it's been for me in the past)

difficulty just jumped up again from 18000 to 24000 which would calculate the income as 6 dash per month, ugh!

When the price drops, that is usually the best entry point, because time is everything. You want to get as much mining done as possible before the majority of new miners come online and raise the difficulty. Every day counts. I'm contemplating stopping my mail so I can collect it early Monday morning, LOL. As every minute counts, and waiting until 5 PM to have it delivered will cost. I have to make up as much as I can as fast as I can :p

Last edited:
Anyway, I still look forward to playing with this miner. I have no idea how much R&R costs, and this could be a loser for the manufacturer as well. So I hope I'm not implying that this manufacturer is doing anything wrong, they're just trying to provide a product, everything else is supply and demand.

Have one on order as well. Looking forward to trying it out at least. At least they're nice and efficient for when the winter comes! :p

Yah, it's a great little miner and brilliant to build it on top of a pi computer. The ease of use in incredible. ...
Mining is also a lot of fun. Well for me anyway.

I would very much like to do this in profit mode.
Unfortunately, the rate here is 18c usd per kilowatt.

I would do better with a mining pool, yet less entertainment !

Best
rc

Back