• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Will mining Dash become profitable again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if miners are abandoning Dash, why is the hash rate staying so high?
upload_2018-2-4_22-7-3.png

As predicted, hashrate soft caps (in terms of profit) at ~2.2 PH/s. Just fluctuating between 1.8-2 now (although there seems to be recent development in the hashrate the last few hours).

I'm figuring miners know the percentage gain of a DASH coin would be a bigger gain than that of a Bitcoin (using NiceHash) and they're moving to it, because what else do you do when the miner is only making 3 dollars a day each (before electricity) lol.

It is fine, if some miners feel unprofitable and leave, someone who stays will get reasonable profit.

So the market found an equilibrium, just as we were saying it would. Imagine my shock...

This is far from over.
Hash rate is so high because those people who bought new Asic miners have got nothing else to do with them.
It's called cutting your losses.
You spend $5,000 on a miner and get a payback of $ 3 per day, so over the course of 10 days you have $30 to go and buy a crate of beer with.
Do not be fooled into thinking that these miners have any sense of loyalty to Dash.
In fact most of them will have a Dash poster on their wall which they throw their empty beer bottles at.

You might think that this is a natural equilibrium, and that some miners are leaving the area so that others can mine profitably.
This is delusional.
Dash will die.
You might have won a battle, but you have not won the War.

Why would Dash die?
I don't get why you think Dash is in a war with miners?
Dash had exactly zero input in Asic miner manufacturing process and how many miners will be produced and sold. Dash didn't campaign for the miners to go out and buy the Asics, they did that by themselves.

Why would Dash die?
I don't get why you think Dash is in a war with miners?
Dash had exactly zero input in Asic miner manufacturing process and how many miners will be produced and sold. Dash didn't campaign for the miners to go out and buy the Asics, they did that by themselves.
When Is evolution going out? Many minners are waiting for its release. So the price can risers.

Dash will die for the following reason.
It is set up as a feudal system with the Feudal masternode Lords, and their vassal miners, who get thrown the occassional scrap.
Eventually the peasants will revolt.

Think about it, what is Dash without miners ?
OK, you can ask the same question about Bitcoin or any other crypto, but we are here talking about Dash.
It is true that the Masternode operators or the Dash core dev team did not tell miners to go buy their Asics.
However, they did not actively encourage them not to, either. Anyway, that is all history now.
Let us look at where we are today, and what is the situation facing us.

OK, forget the establishments relentless war against Crypto for now, ( at least now we know what the real topic of discussion was at Davos.
( It's a place in Switzerland, where the rich and powerful ... never mind )

Status quo is this.
Dash needs miners to run, moreso than it need masternodes.
Miners are out of pocket because of failed investments in asics.
Nobody foreseen the exponential increase in hashing power brought into the X11 environment.
Calling the miners stupid for making that investment does not help at this stage, the fact is it's already done.
So the miners are in a predicament, of their own making, admittedly.
However, this is not without consequences for the total Dash project.
What is the way forward ?
90% of miners switch their equipment off, to allow the other 10% to mine profitably ? - Not going to happen.
Everybody with a miner will mine. Even if you get 20cents a day, it is 20 cents less of a loss for the miners.
So what happens, the difficulty as we see is going astronomical and it is more and more uneconomical for everybody.

Of course the masternode operators and the Core dev team think nothing of this, it is after all just natural economics, they say.
Some miners will switch off and others will stay profitable, so it will balance out. This is short sighted thinking, a sort of "let them eat cake" attitude.

What do dash holders think of this ?
They see their coin being held aloft by miners who are not making any money.
Do you think it is a good idea to hold Cryptocoins in a system, where the people who actually run the system do not make any money ?
It's a bit like getting the bus to work every morning on a bus where the driver does not get paid.
How confident do you feel about your bus driver showing up for his work every morning ?
Knowing that your bus driver does this for a living and that he is expecting to get paid, and that he does not just drive the bus for the fun of it or for some philanthropotic service to his community. One morning you wll find yourself standing at the bus stop, and you will be waiting, and waiting and waiting . . .

As I said,
This party is far from over, and Dash will be abandonded like a rat infested ship as soon as an alternative comes along.

Dash is a Dead man Walking. It just does not know it yet.
If the government and the Big Banks don't kill it, the miners will.
But don't take it personnaly, it's just business.

Where did I call miners stupid? You just made a bad investment. It happens.
The hash/income disparity will correct itself after some time, it's just a question of when.
Dash will function normally with 10% of the current miners or with 10% of the current masternodes. It doesn't care about our feelings, it just does what it's supposed to do.

So the market found an equilibrium, just as we were saying it would. Imagine my shock...

An equilibrium at 2 PH/s, the equivalent of less than 135,000 D3's.

Talk about centralized. The equilibrium proves that DASH will never be a viable option as a decentralized currency, along with the ridiculous masternode system, which was the entire point of this discussion.

Imagine my shock when you cant seem to recall that.... actually no, thats expected.

Mining is either a hobby or a business. Miners compete with other miners, not Core, not Masternodes.
If there is 1 bus but 5 bus drivers, guess what, 4 bus drivers will lose their job.
Please miners, read the whitepapers, understand supply and demand, make calculations and most importantly read on what opportunity cost is

Nobody foreseen the exponential increase in hashing power brought into the X11 environment.
Calling the miners stupid for making that investment does not help at this stage, the fact is it's already done.
So the miners are in a predicament, of their own making, admittedly.

The white paper anticipated this exact event, all the way in the beginning.
I never called the miners stupid.
Yes, some miners are in a predicament. I feel sorry for them. We have warned people repeatedly of the risks of getting into the mining business. I do not have a magic wand to fix that problem. Neither do the Masternodes have a magic want to fix that problem. Neither does the larger Dash community have a magic wand to fix that problem. And, even if we could fundamentally alter the protocol so miners got a bigger slice of the pie, jacking with the protocol would damage the entire Dash ecosystem and ruin it even further for miners. There is no magic solution to turn the clock back so small inefficient mining operations running on retail electricity can be profitable.

You have complained about the Masternodes getting such a sweetheart deal, making unreasonable profits for so little work. Such greedy Masternodes. I don't see anybody stepping up to cover my millions of dollars worth of losses in the last month or so. You still think it's a bed of roses to be a Masternode owner? How much money has a miner lost if they owned a couple antminers?

Mining matured from a hobby past time, to a mature business model where you have to be very efficient all the way through the mining process to make money.

As a former miner, I am sorry but you make me laugh how naive you have been. Mining is a competition, and you compete to have the highest hash-rate and the lowest electricity bill. If your not making any money your losing the competition, it's as simple as that, another one will take your place. Dash will surely not die at all. The difficulty readjustment algorithm works just fine.

*I stopped minning myself because I could not mine anymore due to the high price of electrify, and the VAT tax on buying the hardware it was quite lot of fun picking the best hardware, and tweaking it to maximum efficiency, but in the end I lost the competition as well.
I’m starting in this business with some capital to invest but nothing of knowledge
Are you able to give me some help?
My email [email protected]
[email protected]

Profit from D3 0.09 dash = 5.4 $
I bought it on pre-order November to 2300
2300 \ 5.4 = 426 days
1500 / 5.4 = 280 days
you will give 0.05 btc trades
this is provided that the technique will work without failures and does not break down

developers, you threw miners !!!!!
They left their anonymity without the development of new investors and miners.
who bought or mined in August 2017, that only in profit
the rest as soon as they return the money invested in the main, will turn out your network.

no news on the official website for a whole year, in general, for the dash forgotten

I'm very sorry that I believed in you, having spent all the savings, and now find a loss .....

ps XwCR1wKZLqFDgeRjBmkYEHss6d9SV1KJwr
help

The solution is simple. Miners, along with the Masternode owners, should be allowed to vote for the difficulty. Everyone should be allowed to cast a vote in between max and min difficulty. And the average of all votes should be the decided difficulty. Also, this voted difficulty should be allowed to change not every 2016 blocks, but in every block.
Where do we vote?

Dont worry. What matters, is the community. A simple hard fork can solve many problems, then let Dash aristocracy eat their own flesh.

In the meantime, lets analyze MNOs behavior, and spot the guilty ones. Not all masternodes are guilty. Lets separate seeds from weed.

The fork will really happen, when? I don't know your position in Dash Community, but we really need a lot of mining to be at least a little profitable, at least we can pay the energy bill and save some money. Because many people believed in mining and invested their money in it.

The fork will really happen, when? I don't know your position in Dash Community, but we really need a lot of mining to be at least a little profitable, at least we can pay the energy bill and save some money. Because many people believed in mining and invested their money in it.
The fork depends on you and me. If we are many, the fork may be succesfull.
In order to show how many we are, I created a thread. But I am the only one who signed there.

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/people-who-would-like-to-participate-in-a-dash-hard-fork.21290/

I'm developing mining concept with extra centres of profit. We utilze PoW heat waste for added value and going to lease houses heated by miners. I know that community provide support for projects, which is capable to provide PR hype for DASH. We are remodeling D3 for house boiler now, so this could be an answer for the question of this topic. I'm interesting to get some support on my small pilot project ICO. Where is here a contest of projects, where I should to submit my proposal in more details?

I'm developing mining concept with extra centres of profit. We utilze PoW heat waste for added value and going to lease houses heated by miners. I know that community provide support for projects, which is capable to provide PR hype for DASH. We are remodeling D3 for house boiler now, so this could be an answer for the question of this topic. I'm interesting to get some support on my small pilot project ICO. Where is here a contest of projects, where I should to submit my proposal in more details?
Yes, sure.. please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back