• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Why is Dash Central funded by donation?

jimbursch

It seems to be that such an important piece of Dash infrastructure should be fully funded by the budget.

My guess is that it was built and is maintained by an early Dash volunteer dev, and the donation funding is simply a legacy.

Are there any plans for Dash Central?

It seems to be that such an important piece of Dash infrastructure should be fully funded by the budget.

My guess is that it was built and is maintained by an early Dash volunteer dev, and the donation funding is simply a legacy.

Very good point. It should be funded by the budget.

If it were funded from the blockchain then some might say it puts them at an unfair advantage against competing systems i.e. it comes across as centralised when, in fact, the proposal system is decentralised.

Imo, the proposal system should be enhanced such that successful proposers are able to broadcast updates to nodes in a decentralised way. I would vote yes for core to build that.

Personally, I wish Dash Central worked without needing an account and had editable comments. If someone wants to build a DC competitor, I'd be happy to donate to a crowdfund.

@rango submitted a proposal a year or so ago seeking funding but his proposal was rejected by the network. With proposal fees now at $750, he probably doesn't want to take the risk again.

DashCentral is my personal (non profit) contribution to push DASH ahead. Taking money from the budget limits future development (MNOs trying to define the direction of the platform). So i try to stay independent, while keeping the service free for everybody.

DashCentral is my personal (non profit) contribution to push DASH ahead. Taking money from the budget limits future development (MNOs trying to define the direction of the platform). So i try to stay independent, while keeping the service free for everybody.
I'm glad you can do this, and in fact, I need to donate again. My computers have been down so long now.... it's been good for my savings, LOL. Will do so when I get the blasted things working again.

Back