• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Whose still buying?

acidburn

Whose still investing? Or have we all been burnt?

I need another 400 for a new MN but I'm quite frightened that if I shell out it'll be for a lost cause.

I say you better wait. It's unpredictable, we might go to 0.002 or lower.

I'm buying at intervals. After cashing out a trade at .0092 I've bought batches of DRK at .0082, .0075, and .0061 respectively. Going to keep buying more if it continues dropping. I do this because I am very strongly bullish in the long term.

I'm sending some fiat to my exchange tomorrow morning. The market is terrible and we are caught by it, but I'm still super bullish about the future.

Demand is not strong because most people who already know Darkcoin are already invested and are scared to buy more or simply can't. During the big rally people exhausted their resources to have enough coins for masternodes, so now there is no more demand there. I think that the next rally will happen when new people know Darkcoin and decide to invest. It can be slower than the previous ones, but if some big investor jumps in it will be super fast because the amount of darkcoins in the market available for sale is not that big (a lot in masternodes and big investors). To get those new investors we need to go out and communicate and we need adoption.

Bitstamp was on holiday on Friday- this means no fresh fiat for one of the biggest exchanges for 3 days in a row (these three days coincides with the post-RC4 period when darkcoin markets were desperate for additional liquidity). no fiat=>no bitcoin=>no darkcoin. I am almost certain there going to be substantial price increase both in BTC market and in DRK market when the banks start to process deposits on Monday and Tuesday. But the continuation of this new upward trend will depend on future successes of Darkcoin.

Marketcap is at 11Mio$ at the moment. I guess it could go as low as 6Mio$. That would lead to a price of around 0.0025.

Nevertheless DRK has obv longterm potential. If we finally go open source, adoption is growing and DRK becomes the annon-coin #1, a marketcap of around 50Mio$ should be doable.

I bought the bulk my DRKs at $0.80 in mid-March, so even now I'm not sweating the price too much. Then again, I know I'm in the minority of people who are still in profitable territory. The only thing I regret is not buying more at the time and I though the days of really cheap DRK were long gone. But if it goes much lower I might just have to rectify that mistake.

I bought the bulk my DRKs at $0.80 in mid-March, so even now I'm not sweating the price too much. Then again, I know I'm in the minority of people who are still in profitable territory. The only thing I regret is not buying more at the time and I though the days of really cheap DRK were long gone. But if it goes much lower I might just have to rectify that mistake.
Same here. My average is a bit higher (around $1) and I lamented the lost opportunity to buy more at such a price. Not the best moment for me because I recently started a new business and I can't go crazy, but on Monday I'm sending some fiat to my exchange.

Nevertheless DRK has obv longterm potential. If we finally go open source, adoption is growing and DRK becomes the annon-coin #1

It's the last chance for open-sourcing and adoption, because Monero is doing good also, it may win this battle. I won't speculate now in detail why I think it's not opensourced yet, but I do have some pretty bad scenarios in my head.

It's the last chance for open-sourcing and adoption, because Monero is doing good also, it may win this battle. I won't speculate now in detail why I think it's not opensourced yet, but I do have some pretty bad scenarios in my head.

Sorry, what's not open source? Darkcoin?

Back