• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Whatsapp to Send and recieve dashpay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a small amount of dash, sent it to my Android wallet (first time use!), sent it to the WhatsApp wallet, successfully sent some to one friend, but the send fails to another.

Is there a Dash group on WhatsApp?

Very good point cherapple !

Who is up to the task ?
Teamer ? thoughts ?
or should we wait until your server is more steady ?

do you have any comments on security ?
tx

I bought a small amount of dash, sent it to my Android wallet (first time use!), sent it to the WhatsApp wallet, successfully sent some to one friend, but the send fails to another.

yup it crashed, fixed it this morning
Donno about dash group on whatsapp, i think everyone will want to stay anonymous

Who is up to the task ?
Teamer ? thoughts ?

tx

I think it is better to wait a bit till we al make sure there are no mo crashes or errors, we don't want unhappy users :)

about security as i said before (somewhere) the server lays behind a hardware firewall, which blocks all incoming traffic, the only way to access the server is opening a secured rack, attaching a mouse and keyboard and working on it (yes even the SSH is blocked), the only processes running are the Whatsapp bot and the darkcoin client.

though there might be a security flaw if someone took your phone. a solution could be email verification (useless because probably you get email on your phone) or a pin code to be entered when sending, or google 2fa (authenticator) .

I have a small amount of dash stuck in the WhatsApp wallet and it won't send anywhere.
send me ur number on PM I will check what's wrong maybe it haven't recieved 6 confirmations yet (had to do this temporarily till I figure out how to correctly calculate the tX fees)

Guys please send me your number (VIA PM) and your wallet address so i can refund all the coins back, i want to reuse the server for another project. thank you

Check What is the exact formula for calculating transaction fees?

It actually refers to btc fees, but it might be alike to dash, anyway.

Hey,

This whatsapp api stuff is pretty interesting, may i ask how your bot is working?

Do you run a simulator or something?
Is there an API?
Wrote a browser plugin for whatsapp web?

Is this a number of Jordan? :smile: Maybe you should switch to something shorter, like a US number.

best dash service to get mass adoption so far! Your service works how future banking should work. Keep the great work up!

Is it working right now? I have entered that number as a contact and sent "Hi" and "hi" and "Help". No responses so far. I'm in the US. Do I need to do something other than enter this for a number? "+962 7 9924 7985"

this is so "fucking" great !!!!
nice job !!!!

it is still in beta.
but looks great...

Who is up to the task ?
Teamer ? thoughts ?

tx

I have a small amount of dash stuck in the WhatsApp wallet and it won't send anywhere.

It's being worked on, I will keep you posted on Twitter if you want. I know that you are considering a worthy project for Dash, and I want to help you any way I can.

better ?
:rolleyes:
P1hyow2.png

Guys if you had deposited to the whatsapp wallet please PM me your number (that you used for the wallet) + your DASH address (not the one in the whatsapp wallet) so I can send you back your coins (i will pay the tx fees no worries) I will close the server on 15th Oct.
You can also withdraw the coins yourself but that will cost you the tx fees + the service fees. if you don't want that just tell me via PM ur number + dash address

technically no, the system works, had bugs fixed here and there and now it's fine, the problem is the running costs are more than the income because no one is using it really

point taken
start up is not always easy

I also had (back when it was darkcoin) darkcoin ads network and darkcoin escrow service and darkcoin IPN service (something like paypal IPN), closed them all as well, maybe will reopen later with the new name when i have more time
I think that this is a mistake. Could you not apply for DGBB funding? I'm sure the amount would be reasonable, and I'm sure people would see the value in it as Whatsapp is huge.

I consider this service to be one of the keys to mass adoption. There is one person in particular who was going to test the finished product in Africa. I haven't promoted you because I didn't know if you were working.

My suggestion is run it for a little while longer and then apply for DGBB funding (to cover server costs).

I will help by contacting this person and promoting you as a finished product.

What say you?

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt he'll get funding on a personal project...

Have you seen this crowd?

edit:
They down voted the testers for god-sake
Can't even get 1 month payout for testing?
ugh

I could be wrong but I seriously doubt he'll get funding on a personal project...

edit:
ugh

I agree, did you see how they quashed funding for DashWhale?

Pablo.

edit:
ugh

I agree, did you see how they quashed funding for DashWhale?

Pablo.
I agree with you guys, however I don't consider this to be a personal project in that sense.

Whatsapp has a huge, far reaching clientele including the unbanked in developing countries. This project has the potential, once started, to drive people to Dash in huge numbers, benefitting us all.

So while he did take the initiative himself, I would not classify this as a personal project. The rewards for Dash here are huge, and deserving of investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back