• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Whatsapp to Send and recieve dashpay

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamer

Hi all, [Beta is out]
I have finished an beta version of whatsapp wallet,
currently using a German number and running on testnet

dast-testnet whatsapp number :

[test net] :
+ four nine 162 75 two five 34 two (sorry fro writing it this way just for search engines)

[main net]:
+ nine 62 seven nine nine 24 seven nine 85

send one of the following commands using whatsapp (this is testnet, will move to main net after successfull test)

Commands:

hi
(opens an account)

help
(shows this message)

send [amount] to [address]
(sends coins to an address)

balance
(shows balance and your address)

qr
(send you a qr code of your address)

send [amount] to qr
(asks you to send a qr code image then sends coins to the address there)

---------------------------
Only balance with 6 confirmations can be sent due to transaction fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
QR code sending fails for some reason for now, but receiving QR codes is ok (but not from camera ... still working on that one)

so it is on testnet !
super cool !
I have it working now and received your 200 Tdash

I1ucLVL.jpg

Will dash be the first cryptocurrency able to be sent and received through WhatsApp? Why do you call it dashpay instead of dash? What is Tdash?

Will dash be the first cryptocurrency able to be sent and received through WhatsApp? Why do you call it dashpay instead of dash?
I believe so, haven't seen any project for other currencies yet. but porting the project to other currencies is an easy task

This is definitely a reason to get some more dash. Which I've been trying to do by converting some NXT to dash, but I'm having loads of problems with the NXT wallet. Anyone knowledgeable around?

Hi all,
I have finished an alpha version of whatsapp wallet,
currently using a German number and running on testnet

Cool. When I look at Whatsapp's giant user base (everyone around me but myself uses it) this could be a BIG thing for Dash...public awareness campaign and stuff...

The only thing I'm a bit pessimistic about is privacy, the Whatsapp staff knows your identity (via your phone number), so they can in theory track your transactions.

Nothing to be worried about when you only send nicely mixed coins to your mobile wallet, but newbies should be informed about this.

Cool. When I look at Whatsapp's giant user base (everyone around me but myself uses it) this could be a BIG thing for Dash...public awareness campaign and stuff...

The only thing I'm a bit pessimistic about is privacy, the Whatsapp staff knows your identity (via your phone number), so they can in theory track your transactions.

Nothing to be worried about when you only send nicely mixed coins to your mobile wallet, but newbies should be informed about this.

There's Telegram, as an option. I suggest it be considered.

Will dash be the first cryptocurrency able to be sent and received through WhatsApp? Why do you call it dashpay instead of dash? What is Tdash?

dashpay = the webpage is dishpay.io /he meant Dash but referred to that
tdash = Test Dash (as the App is on testnet for now

Getting the platform more stable, fixed the QR code generating but still issues in reading QR code from camera image

dast-testnet whatsapp number :

+ four nine 162 75 two five 34 two (sorry fro writing it this way just for search engines)

send one of the following commands using whatsapp (this is testnet, will move to main net after successfull test)

Commands:

hi
(opens an account)

help
(shows this message)

send [amount] to [address]
(sends coins to an address)

balance
(shows balance and your address)

qr
(send you a qr code of your address)

send [amount] to qr
(asks you to send a qr code image then sends coins to the address there)

i need an address to send some trash to please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back