• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Whatsapp to Send and recieve dashpay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live on main net

tips appreciated ;)

bWlqwJF.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really cool.

Ran into a few issues.

On mainnet I sent 2 dash to address.
I got message that it was received with balance 2
The I sent a "balance" text
I then received a new address with balance 0
So now I have balance 0

?

This is really cool.

Ran into a few issues.

On mainnet I sent 2 dash to address.
I got message that it was received with balance 2
The I sent a "balance" text
I then received a new address with balance 0
So now I have balance 0

?
PM me ur phone i will check it immediately

Question: Is this a secure way to transfer Dash? Is this running through a server or are the private keys hosted on the cel phone?

Thanks in advance :).

Pablo.

First payment went through and I just bougt myself a game at Eternalsummersale via your whattsapp. This is very cool indeed.

but...

Now I sent a second payment via qr code, but it is not coming through. QR not working?

This looks like a great app. My other half has Whatsapp. I'll try to get her to take a look at it.

(P.S. I am banned from bitcointalk right now which is why I'm lurking around here).

Unbelievable. Thank goodness it's only 3 days...

LoL ! Yeah - seems they're really getting into crackdown mode over there - although I have been banging on quite a lot about stockmarket / Litecoin stuff etc which is actually off-topic so I suppose they're just doing their job. This is what the Dash thread looks like now from my perspective LoL

PDEpLew.png

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread as well. I've been genuinely impressed with all the adoption oriented new stuff that's emerging like the iPhone app and this Whatsapp tool. Thats the kind of stuff that can start the slow process of viral marketing I think.

LoL ! Yeah - seems they're really getting into crackdown mode over there - although I have been banging on quite a lot about stockmarket / Litecoin stuff etc which is actually off-topic so I suppose they're just doing their job. This is what the Dash thread looks like now from my perspective LoL

PDEpLew.png

Anyway, I don't want to derail this thread as well. I've been genuinely impressed with all the adoption oriented new stuff that's emerging like the iPhone app and this Whatsapp tool. Thats the kind of stuff that can start the slow process of viral marketing I think.

dON'T GO BACK IN AND CREATE ANOTHER ACCT - OR - YOU'LL GET 14 DAYS - LOL - LIKE I DID

Making off topic posts.
3 days.
OMG! Your so called off topic posts are loved and admired by many of us, you manage to capture the big global financial picture in a way few can articulate or envisage.
More likely truth hurts and being woken up to bitcoin's weaknesses and fallacies does not go down well with the overseers.
be interested if you start a thread in general discussion or even off-topic (where I like to go when I remember where it is) :grin:

Teamer: This is an excellent app, will try to test it in the next few days, thanks.

Question: Is this a secure way to transfer Dash? Is this running through a server or are the private keys hosted on the cel phone?

Thanks in advance :).

Pablo.

yes, it is a server with a hardware firewall tat blocks any connection except outgoing ones, the private keys are encrypted and backed up hourly on a separate backup server over LAN, and the backup server has no internet connection at all (internal network only), all the system runs under an encrypted partition, so even if someone took the server away (which is inside a private data center owned by a company i work for and no one has the key to the rack except me) they won't be able to get anything out.

Aka... there's no way of getting into the server except kicking my skinny a** and getting the key, then getting access to the data center and be lucky finding the right rack ... well good luck with decrypting then ... kinda 007 stuff :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It came through about 30 minutes later. So my current balance is 2 now. So all good

I´ll try and send an amount out from the wallet now
There are some problems with whatsapp encryption, it crashes sometimes, that why it was actually offline and it resumed once i restarted it ... still working on fixing it

yes, it is a server with a hardware firewall tat blocks any connection except outgoing ones, the private keys are encrypted and backed up hourly on a separate backup server over LAN, and the backup server has no internet connection at all (internal network only), all the system runs under an encrypted partition, so even if someone took the server away (which is inside a private data center owned by a company i work for and no one has the key to the rack except me) they won't be able to get anything out.

security.png

:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back