Whatsapp to Send and recieve dashpay

scratchy

Jun 24, 2014
Hey,

This whatsapp api stuff is pretty interesting, may i ask how your bot is working?

Do you run a simulator or something?
Is there an API?
Wrote a browser plugin for whatsapp web?

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Did my app automatic take me from testnet to mainnet or do I have to do anything ?

SirHikmat

Nov 15, 2014
Yes you have to use the new number :)
+ nine 62 seven nine nine 24 seven nine 85
Is this a number of Jordan? :) Maybe you should switch to something shorter, like a US number.

best dash service to get mass adoption so far! Your service works how future banking should work. Keep the great work up!

darkred

Feb 6, 2015
Is it working right now? I have entered that number as a contact and sent "Hi" and "hi" and "Help". No responses so far. I'm in the US. Do I need to do something other than enter this for a number? "+962 7 9924 7985"

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Same here
Was working great yesterday on mainnet
Now no reaction

Reactions: teamer

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
Is this a number of Jordan? :) Maybe you should switch to something shorter, like a US number.

best dash service to get mass adoption so far! Your service works how future banking should work. Keep the great work up!
Couldn't get my hands on any shorter number, I will switch to a German number which is shorter than this

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
Check What is the exact formula for calculating transaction fees?

It actually refers to btc fees, but it might be alike to dash, anyway.
not successful if calculating the fees, where can i find more info?

Someone deposited and sent, and the transaction fee was 0.01957881, thus his/her account now is in negative (had to put from my own wallet to cover it up. so i have to be able to calculate the transaction fees so to warn the user at least

Last edited by a moderator:

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
only here and taw of satushi tweeted about it
i am waiting for your testing phase to be over and then o promote this on social media

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Very good point cherapple !

Who is up to the task ?
Teamer ? thoughts ?
or should we wait until your server is more steady ?

do you have any comments on security ?
tx

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
I bought a small amount of dash, sent it to my Android wallet (first time use!), sent it to the WhatsApp wallet, successfully sent some to one friend, but the send fails to another.

Is there a Dash group on WhatsApp?
yup it crashed, fixed it this morning
Donno about dash group on whatsapp, i think everyone will want to stay anonymous

Very good point cherapple !

Who is up to the task ?
Teamer ? thoughts ?
or should we wait until your server is more steady ?

do you have any comments on security ?
tx
I think it is better to wait a bit till we al make sure there are no mo crashes or errors, we don't want unhappy users :)

about security as i said before (somewhere) the server lays behind a hardware firewall, which blocks all incoming traffic, the only way to access the server is opening a secured rack, attaching a mouse and keyboard and working on it (yes even the SSH is blocked), the only processes running are the Whatsapp bot and the darkcoin client.

though there might be a security flaw if someone took your phone. a solution could be email verification (useless because probably you get email on your phone) or a pin code to be entered when sending, or google 2fa (authenticator) .

Reactions: tungfa

teamer

Jul 22, 2014
Germany
I have a small amount of dash stuck in the WhatsApp wallet and it won't send anywhere.
send me ur number on PM I will check what's wrong maybe it haven't recieved 6 confirmations yet (had to do this temporarily till I figure out how to correctly calculate the tX fees)