• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

What would you like to see changed/implemented on New Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would require too much custom coding....

Yes but this is important, very very important.

What if I dumb all your 1014 messages?
It will show in your profile 1014 dumbs.
This is not the correct information.
It should show 1014/1 so that people will now that you are just chased by one single crazy guy.

And of course there is also the reverse of it.
You have 3 friends and they like all your 1014 posts, and you like theirs.
It should not write in your profile 3042 likes, but 3042/3 likes so that we know that the three of you are concerted.

Last edited:
^^Title.

What changes, suggestions, or improvements would you like seen for the forums?

Alternatively, what do you dislike?

(All comments from old thread were used for new forum)

Many times when I read posts, I like some parts of the post, and some other parts I dislike them. I agree with some parts, and with some other parts I disagree. And this is not the exception, this is the rule. So I cannot cast neither like, nor unlike, neither agree, nor disagree.

So I would like to cast a like or dislike using numbers.
If I like all the lines of a post, let me post 100% like. If I dislike all the lines, let me post 0% like.
If I agree with all the lines of a post, let me post 100% agree. If I disagree with all the lines, let me post 0% agree.
And let me post the in between numbers also, depending on how many lines of the post I like/agree or dislike/disagree.

But I forgot it, voting with numbers is prohibited here, isnt it?:p

Last edited:
Yes but this is important, very very important.
What if I dumb all your 1014 messages?
It will show in your profile 1014 dumbs.
This is not the correct information.
It should show 1014/1 so that people will now that you are just chased by one single crazy guy.
And of course there is also the reverse of it.
You have 3 friends and they like all your 1014 posts, and you like theirs.
It should not write in your profile 3042 likes, but 3042/3 likes so that we know that the three of you are concerted.

There is also something better. Instead of showing 3042/3 you could show 3/3042=0.00098

If you have 3042 likes casted by 500 different persons, then 500/3042=0.164

So the closest to the number 1 someone is, the better it is.

There is also something better. Instead of showing 3042/3 you could show 3/3042=0.00098

If you have 3042 likes casted by 500 different persons, then 500/3042=0.164

So the closest to the number 1 someone is, the better it is.

And of course in the case of dislikes or any other negative, it is the reverse.
The closest to the number 0 someone is, the better it is.

For example @demo account has 31 dumbs, but most of them are casted by @chenriquelira.

So you have to divide the number of persons who dumbed to the 31 dumbs, in order to find the number.

Last edited:
Here's an idea for the forum. Banning is a mean dirty word. And I understand we dont represent such course of action. Freedom of speech is imperative.

But I still think we need a solution to maintain some level of order if/when needed.

How about we call it "Time-out" and instead of banning, people who can't behave get unable to post/reply for X amount of hours/days ? It works wonders to keep chat-room troll boxes in order. Could start slow and build up time-out timescale if a user isn't unable to adapt.

What do you guys think? @fernando , dont hate me :) you know I'm not alone with this sentiment

Here's an idea for the forum. Banning is a mean dirty word. And I understand we dont represent such course of action. Freedom of speech is imperative.

But I still think we need a solution to maintain some level of order if/when needed.

How about we call it "Time-out" and instead of banning, people who can't behave get unable to post/reply for X amount of hours/days ? It works wonders to keep chat-room troll boxes in order. Could start slow and build up time-out timescale if a user isn't unable to adapt.

What do you guys think? @fernando , dont hate me :) you know I'm not alone with this sentiment

Who says what the rules are? Who's the guy hitting the shadowban button? Cause it's one thing to publicly ban someone so every sees it and another to give mods the ability to silence certain people whenever they feel like it.... Without anyone knowing it happened except the person being banned and the admin doing it. And let's be real, noone checks logs...

Who says what the rules are? Who's the guy hitting the shadowban button? Cause it's one thing to publicly ban someone so every sees it and another to give mods the ability to silence certain people whenever they feel like it.... Without anyone knowing it happened except the person being banned and the admin doing it. And let's be real, noone checks logs...

the admins are in charge
as this is a moderated forum the admins are in control ! sorry but this is not a democratic decision (ether way) , as in all moderated forums :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: AjM

I have another proposition. Implement a filter, so we can personaly filter threads and discard from our personal view those messages that are rated as troll, dumb e.t.c.

But there is also an important thing here, let us chose what ratings we consider as reliable ones.

For example I could chose ultraaliens's and yidakee's ratings as reliable ones, but yidakee could select Evan's and demo2's ratings as reliable ones. So, by chosing different reliable raters, and filter the thread according those ratings, the way I see a thread will be diferent to the way yidakee see it.

Last edited:
Could you please add a post rating named "irrelevant" or "out of topic" with neutral value?

thank you.

Last edited:
First off, the new forum seriously rocks. I love all the new features and buttons. I use those post navigation buttons exclusively now. Both themes look marvelous, too.

One minor suggestion/question: When you scroll down to the point that the big "DASH / Forum" logo disappears, would it be possible to have a small "Dash / Forum" appear on the top left in the empty blue bar above the menu bar (opposite the user menu) so there is a dash logo on the page at all times?

Unlike the old forum, top bar with 'Alert' icon does not stay visible when scrolling down pages... I miss that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back