• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

wallet does not get unlocked

karisu

Hi,
I think I just did the second most stupid thing besides deleting a wallet: I just moved 1000DRK into a wallet which was already encrypted. I have created it last week in preparation of the setup of some masternodes and guess what: I am not able to unlock anymore.
I have no idea what I had in my mind when I created that key, because I wrote the passphrase down but it is not working.
Is there anything which can help me remember the passphrase?

If you have a typo in your passphrase, there are services like this http://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/
If you have seriously no idea about the passphrase, then you are lost.

Edit, just saw this tool supports darkcoin now: http://www.recoinvery.com/
Thanks for the links. I just have a very slow Winows machine whereas brute forcing is that much of a choice. And bruteforcing in the cloud is something I can't afford since the amount of possible typos is in the quadrillions I guess...

Wooo 1000 Masternode Darkcoin Lost Brother. Welcome to the club! Population three as far as I know.

Seriously though, WalletRecoveryServices is probably your best bet. Plus the fee is minimal considering it's a full MN. Let me know if it works out for you.

Wooo 1000 Masternode Darkcoin Lost Brother. Welcome to the club! Population three as far as I know.

Seriously though, WalletRecoveryServices is probably your best bet. Plus the fee is minimal considering it's a full MN. Let me know if it works out for you.
Who's the second? I remember the first one that was hacked, but didn't know of anybody else until today.

Nice :) Then thanks for your condolences. I have started a little bruteforce attack myself. Lets see what happens. Maybe one day one day one darkcoin is worth a zillion dollars than I can buy a quantum computer, crack the wallet and end all third world problems in one strike...

Nice :) Then thanks for your condolences. I have started a little bruteforce attack myself. Lets see what happens. Maybe one day one day one darkcoin is worth a zillion dollars than I can buy a quantum computer, crack the wallet and end all third world problems in one strike...
If you more or less know what your passphrase was you may even succeed manually. I once recovered a small amount of BTC that way. You have to be very methodical and organized. The better your passphrase was the worse for you now, but you never know.

Disk failure in the worst of circumstances. (The worst)
You are more knowledgeable about computers than me, so I won't make any of the obvious suggestions. If it can happen to you, it can happen to anybody, so I guess something should be changed because it is not just about knowing what you are doing.

You are more knowledgeable about computers than me, so I won't make any of the obvious suggestions. If it can happen to you, it can happen to anybody, so I guess something should be changed because it is not just about knowing what you are doing.
I guess he has tried restoring it. The point that deletion and corruption of just small files can mean losses of thousands and even millions of dollars is something I really dislike about the digital currencies. It not like with a real wallet or gold.

hey guys,
with the latest update for the wallet RC v0.10.12.31 my wallets keeps itselfe locked? befor that with the previouse version i was asked on every start up for my key. but now nothing. i can change my key but i cant unlock my wallet? is there something that i simple overlook? btw an options button to unlock besides encrypt/locking the wallet would be great :/

update:
nvm :)
i just unchecked "disable darksend" and after a restart of the wallet i had the key prompt window and was able to unlock my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys,
with the latest update for the wallet RC v0.10.12.31 my wallets keeps itselfe locked? befor that with the previouse version i was asked on every start up for my key. but now nothing. i can change my key but i cant unlock my wallet? is there something that i simple overlook? btw an options button to unlock besides encrypt/locking the wallet would be great :/

update:
nvm :)
i just unchecked "disable darksend" and after a restart of the wallet i had the key prompt window and was able to unlock my wallet.
During the initial loading of the wallet, the CPU load can become so great that it doesn't recognize the input of your passphrase. If this occurs, simply go to the debug window after it finishes loading and type in:
Code:
unlockwallet 'yourpassphrase' (number of seconds to leave unlocked)

I.E.:

unlockwallet 'drkhazadeathstar' 300

This will be addressed in a later wallet release.

Source for information was from one of the Darkcoin developers flare.

During the initial loading of the wallet, the CPU load can become so great that it doesn't recognize the input of your passphrase. If this occurs, simply go to the debug window after it finishes loading and type in:
Code:
unlockwallet 'yourpassphrase' (number of seconds to leave unlocked)

I.E.:

unlockwallet 'drkhazadeathstar' 300

This will be addressed in a later wallet release.

Source for information was from one of the Darkcoin developers flare.

This is issue http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-16

EDIT: It turns out that wallets created before RC4 (keypool size 100) will cause this high cpu load. Workaround is to let RC4 create a new wallet.dat (keypool size 1000) and transfer your coins to it.

See http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-25

Last edited by a moderator:
Back