• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

I just did a quick search on google and found same problem occurred with bitcoin wallet as well. They identified this as wallet file corrupted and can be solved with -salvagewallet.
Be aware that -salvagewallet is broken for encrypted wallets and produce "partial" wallet sometimes. That's a known Bitcoin Core issue but no fix for this bug yet afaik.

when you say 'consolidate into one address' do you mean the funds are all kept as well ?

Yes, under Inputs (Coin Control Features), all vins stay intact - "Amount" and "Received with address" stay as they were.
Only Labels are gone. And then curiously, using listaccounts command produces the following:

{
"" : 27284.39668212
}

I haven't yet checked to see if send-many from that Default ("") address will work, but I suspect not - which would be a bit of a bug.

Be aware that -salvagewallet is broken for encrypted wallets and produce "partial" wallet sometimes. That's a known Bitcoin Core issue but no fix for this bug yet afaik.

Who - dreadful
BACKUP - backup - backup...

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug.

Run "dash-cli masternode status" on a masternode and you get back the following:

"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(<xxxxxxxxxxxx correct vin for the MN here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 0), scriptSig=)",
"service" : "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999",
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XykTnfaFrqht5k1ttbb9BxXwdB8XNysD7V",
"status" : "Masternode successfully started"

Of course this is for a masternode that has been started successfully. The vin and the IP are both correct for the masternode. The address next to "pubKeyMasternode" however is not the cold wallet address, but something else. Perhaps the address of the unused hot wallet on the node?

This threw me for a bit as I was troubleshooting a couple nodes that wouldn't start and trying to match up cold wallets. I was going nuts until I realized. Just throwing it out there as the hot address of the node (if that's what it is) doesn't really seem to be a useful thing to know. Or is it?

I'm not sure if this is intended or a bug.

Run "dash-cli masternode status" on a masternode and you get back the following:

"vin" : "CTxIn(COutPoint(<xxxxxxxxxxxx correct vin for the MN here xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 0), scriptSig=)",
"service" : "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9999",
"pubKeyMasternode" : "XykTnfaFrqht5k1ttbb9BxXwdB8XNysD7V",
"status" : "Masternode successfully started"

Of course this is for a masternode that has been started successfully. The vin and the IP are both correct for the masternode. The address next to "pubKeyMasternode" however is not the cold wallet address, but something else. Perhaps the address of the unused hot wallet on the node?

This threw me for a bit as I was troubleshooting a couple nodes that wouldn't start and trying to match up cold wallets. I was going nuts until I realized. Just throwing it out there as the hot address of the node (if that's what it is) doesn't really seem to be a useful thing to know. Or is it?
I've seen something similar. Using "masternodelist outputs" command, it appeared one time that I had 2 MNs running from the same address, which seemed wrong. Turns out all that is important is a separate vin for each MN, the public key seemingly is "incidental" (I actually was able to get 4 MNs running from 1 address). I forget how I did it now, but you can manipulate this using the move command - move your 1000 coins around (lots) from one address to another, it won't effect the MN.

Good day,
I am using Windows 10, 64 bit. The latest client 0.12.0.45 never completes the step synching budget. Once I forcefully close the GUI and restart, the client restarts at week 19. I was not sure what to do with this so I set the client to compatability mode for Windows 8.
Additionally, on my masternode I am receiving 'coins not found', Should I generate a new VIN or is this related to the first item.

Thank you,
Howling

Good day,
I am using Windows 10, 64 bit. The latest client 0.12.0.45 never completes the step synching budget. Once I forcefully close the GUI and restart, the client restarts at week 19. I was not sure what to do with this so I set the client to compatability mode for Windows 8.
Additionally, on my masternode I am receiving 'coins not found', Should I generate a new VIN or is this related to the first item.
Thank you,
Howling
Not sure the syncing part (we are on v46 btw) but I had a coins not found error, I checked the blockchain and they were still there, I even resent them to the same address, but the problem was actually a wrong start many VIN in the masternode config (not the dash config as expected).
Also, check your 1000 dash are in 1 address, accidents happen were its split because not locked in coin control when withdrawing the payments!

Thanks Sub, I will look at that. I updated myself to the 0.46 client earlier today and the same problem. The client becomes 'unresponsive' once it gets to the ''budgets' part.

win32 - v0.12.0.46-3425223 - Darksend seems to be working very well, much faster than before.
Also, I'm running DS on 3 MN wallets... so far so good, the MN inputs are not touched!

upload_2015-8-19_20-16-23.png

Win32 -- This is v11 on Mainnet.. I put in some addnodes so i could see v.11 Masternodes and the wallet got some weird error that didn't happen when i started it a few minutes ago. I was told now v12 clients on the network were sending this message to my v.11 client!

EDIT: I put "txindex=1" in dash.conf and ran this v.11 wallet.with v.12 and using -reindex ... Got the wallet going fine.

upload_2015-8-20_11-37-13.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys please feel free to direct me to the proper thread if this question doesn't fall into the proper category. I'll make it quick:

I pull down the source from Github. I then run autogen.sh,configure.sh and then finally make. Everything compiles just fine but the binaries are huge!! For example:

dash-qt = 143Mb
dashd=101Mb

I am using Ubuntu 64bit. If I try running dash-qt I then get the error "Error initializing the wallet database environment ..."

Any advice or ideas as to why this is happening would be highly appreciated!

Guys please feel free to direct me to the proper thread if this question doesn't fall into the proper category. I'll make it quick:

I pull down the source from Github. I then run autogen.sh,configure.sh and then finally make. Everything compiles just fine but the binaries are huge!! For example:

dash-qt = 143Mb
dashd=101Mb

I am using Ubuntu 64bit. If I try running dash-qt I then get the error "Error initializing the wallet database environment ..."

Any advice or ideas as to why this is happening would be highly appreciated!
In my guess, some library become static compiled included into your dash-qt and dashd...
Please check Dependencies from doc/build-unix.md

Back